First Homicide Detective on Scene wanted to Charge Zimmerman with

I'm glad there's evidence, to cut through the narrative. Will it be enough to break the blue code? We'll see. Hopefully a federal task force won't bee hoodwinked and bamboozled. We need to know why a 17 year old, who had every right to be where he was, was gunned down while armed with only a bag of Skittles and some iced tea.

Pretend a color blind society. What would your wingnuts do if this was your child on a cold slab?

So am I hearing correctly that Zimmerman didnt follow this kid? This kid just went after him? And those of you JERKS who say just google it, well the facts are hard to find. Emphasis jerks. :)

So far the bullshit has been to question everyone by saying "Were you there?!?!"

Now we have someone who was there, wanted to file charges and the defenders say "Someone (not there) musta thought there was no crime"

viola

Trayvon Martin Investigator Wanted to Charge George Zimmerman With Manslaughter - ABC News

Serino filed an affidavit on Feb. 26, the night that Martin was shot and killed by Zimmerman, that stated he was unconvinced Zimmerman's version of events.

Zimmerman, 28, claimed he shot Martin, 17, in self defense.

One complicating factor in the investigation was that the first detective to interview Zimmerman about the shooting was a narcotics officer rather than a homicide detective.

The State Attorney's office said only "no comment" when asked about the affidavit today.

Huh, seems this guy would have some experience in determining facts from the evidence

Which Zimmerman version of events was he working from? They're all over the board. Was he getting his noggin beaten in by some kid who stood his ground? Or did he see a "fucking coon" produce a bag of Skittlles. and decide to shoot first and let God sort it out?

Become a detective, and ask to be put on the case. Your bar stool expertise will certainly assist.

So far the bullshit has been to question everyone by saying "Were you there?!?!"

Now we have someone who was there, wanted to file charges and the defenders say "Someone (not there) musta thought there was no crime"

viola
Again, Serino was not there. Neither was the detective who initially interviewed Zimmerman that night.

Huh? The guy who signed this affidavit Serino was never there?

viola
Again, Serino was not there. Neither was the detective who initially interviewed Zimmerman that night.

Huh? The guy who signed this affidavit Serino was never there?

No, he is a homicide detective and the lead investigator. He certainly would have been 'there' at some point in the investigation, but not at the time the police responded and before Zimmerman was taken away. If you read the report, the names of all the officers present on scene are listed. The first person on the scene, officer Smith, states that after Zimmerman was cleared by the paramedics, he was taken to SPD and turned over to investigations, and that D Singleton did the initial interview.

Last edited:
I just got back from my Criminal Justice class. My instructor, a police Lt with 25 yrs on the job, was flabbergasted that he wasn't charged with murder. He was also in disbelief that the officers didn't test Zimmerman for drugs or alcohol. Sounds like the Sanford, FL police really screwed up this case.

You stole my joke :(

I don't think it's important that investigators were not on scene at that time. I wouldn't think that's typical in any case.

I do think it's significant that the lead investigator felt a manslaughter charge was warranted, and that he didn't believe Zimmerman's story.

I'd really like to see that affidavit.

This whole thing stinks. And, to make it worse, now they're "leaking" crap. Meanwhile, the killer is hiding out and a lot of people are getting more and more pissed.

It would not surprise me if Zimmerman didn't live long enough to be arrested, charged, tried.

Forum List

Back