First gun you ever shot?

Cant say for certain but I believe it was my Dads Colt .32 when I was around seven.
latest

1910 Winchester 22 when I was seven. Hunting rabbits. Given a Reminton 12 gauge shotgun for hunting on my tenth birthday.
Bought a Winchester 30-30 for my saddle gun and super Blackhawk 44 magnum for my sidearm when I was 16.
How did you by a handgun when you were under age? Private sale?
Was a private sale but then again laws were not as strict back then.
Thanks I was just wondering, but the age limit to but a handgun has been 21 since 1968. It was called the "safe streets" act". lol
Yeah bought them both months before that law went into effect. Everyone thought the name was the biggest farce. But then you have to rember that it was a Democrat from New York ( can't remember the name), all of us thought crazy idea from a crazy state.

1910 Winchester 22 when I was seven. Hunting rabbits. Given a Reminton 12 gauge shotgun for hunting on my tenth birthday.
Bought a Winchester 30-30 for my saddle gun and super Blackhawk 44 magnum for my sidearm when I was 16.
Thanks I was just wondering, but the age limit to but a handgun has been 21 since 1968. It was called the "safe streets" act". lol
Yeah bought them both months before that law went into effect. Everyone thought the name was the biggest farce. But then you have to rember that it was a Democrat from New York ( can't remember the name), all of us thought crazy idea from a crazy state.
/——/ It May have been democRAT Sheldon Silver. He also pushed the 21 drinking law and killed the college bar business. He is currently under indictment awaiting trial.

Come to think of it, my first gun was a carpet gun fashioned from a wooden box end and attached rubber band. luckily I never shot out somebody's eye.

/——/ It May have been democRAT Sheldon Silver. He also pushed the 21 drinking law and killed the college bar business. He is currently under indictment awaiting trial.
Got me to thinking so I just checked. Emmanuel Celler. Remembered the whole thing because in my area we all thought it was hilarious that it was going to make streets safe. Completely forgot everyone used to laugh when young people would ask how do you make streets safe? Live in a Celler.

An M1 Garand. My uncle still laughs to this day. And I still think he's a dick!

Not counting BB guns, a .45 automatic back in boot camp in 1970.

Lots of fun, and if it wasn’t such a pain in the ass here in NY to get a handgun, I’d probably get one.

.32 Smith and Wesson hammer-less. I was probably 12. Still have the gun...

It originally belonged to my grandfather (who I never got to know), my folks took it from him when he got sick, when my dad died I collected it. Must be an 80 or 90 year old gun now...

Last edited:
Grandaddy's Remington 16ga Wingmaster. It was his bird gun

I still have it today after all the years and it is mint

-Geaux

Dad's nine-shot .22 High-Standard Sentinel target pistol, when I was five or six. He had to cock it for me.

I still have it.

wm_1634132.jpg
My dad had to cock his for me also. He and my uncle took me on a hunting trip in the U.P., they were target shooting with it (something on a stump, don't remember what). They had been trying unsuccessfully to hit it at a distance for a while when they got the bright idea to let me try. Dad went over the safety rules, cocked the gun and I nailed the target on the first, second and third shot. I remember my uncle laughing his ass off and my dad being pissed........ :lol:

Dad's nine-shot .22 High-Standard Sentinel target pistol, when I was five or six. He had to cock it for me.

I still have it.

wm_1634132.jpg
My dad had to cock his for me also. He and my uncle took me on a hunting trip in the U.P., they were target shooting with it (something on a stump, don't remember what). They had been trying unsuccessfully to hit it at a distance for a while when they got the bright idea to let me try. Dad went over the safety rules, cocked the gun and I nailed the target on the first, second and third shot. I remember my uncle laughing his ass off and my dad being pissed........ :lol:

Yeah, me too. Killed a Coke bottle on top of a post. :113:

.32 Smith and Wesson hammer-less. I was probably 12. Still have the gun...

It originally belonged to my grandfather (who I never got to know), my folks took it from him when he got sick, when my dad died I collected it. Must be an 80 or 90 year old gun now...

Nice. I have my Grandad's Young America .32 revolver. Grandma said it was his backup ankle gun when he was a Treasury agent. I haven't researched it but has to be circa 1920s.

7087743_01_h_r_young_america_double_actio_640.jpg

Forum List

Back