First Graders Suspended for Playing Cops & Robbers!!!!

Caroljo

Gold Member
Jun 2, 2009
Michigan
I didn't see this posted yet.....this is just crazy! They're going a little overboard with this shit...they are 1ST GRADERS!!
When we were kids it was always Cops & Robbers, or Cowboys and Indians! What's wrong with these people?

First-graders reportedly suspended for using fingers as ‘guns’ while playing cops and robbers
In a move parents condemned as excessive, two 6-year-old boys at White Marsh Elementary in Trappe, Md. were reportedly punished with suspension for allegedly ‘shooting’ each other with imaginary guns.

Stephen Grafton said he is upset that his son was removed from school for pretending to shoot a gun during playtime. He thinks the school's staff missed a valuable teaching opportunity.

First-graders reportedly suspended for using fingers as ?guns? while playing cops and robbers - NY Daily News

I guess they would rather them play with each others noodles in the playground clubhouse?

And once again the re-education gulag marches on.

How many children over the years have played cops and robbers and how many went on to shoot up schools or theatres? Hello idiots in the public school system, get a freaking clue!

I didn't see this posted yet.....this is just crazy! They're going a little overboard with this shit...they are 1ST GRADERS!!
When we were kids it was always Cops & Robbers, or Cowboys and Indians! What's wrong with these people?

First-graders reportedly suspended for using fingers as ‘guns’ while playing cops and robbers
In a move parents condemned as excessive, two 6-year-old boys at White Marsh Elementary in Trappe, Md. were reportedly punished with suspension for allegedly ‘shooting’ each other with imaginary guns.

Stephen Grafton said he is upset that his son was removed from school for pretending to shoot a gun during playtime. He thinks the school's staff missed a valuable teaching opportunity.

First-graders reportedly suspended for using fingers as ?guns? while playing cops and robbers - NY Daily News

One of the outings my children look forward to is nerf-gun battles with other homeschoolers.

How long will folks keep sending their children to these indoctrination camps...

Holy cow, I can't believe this story is on here. Steve is an old friend of mine who graduated HS with me. I read this in the paper the other day, it's ridiculous.

How sad that now children are being punished and not allowed to be kids because of this FASCIST charged atmosphere. I would pull my daughter from that school.. they would not get my tax dollars.

I remember in grade school we used to play this game called stab.
Dang we'd be put in jail

A kid for a 4H project made a rifle and brought it to school. Nobody thought a thing about it.

Seriously???

Seriously. I first met Steve in 6th grade. For years "Get out of there!" became the catch phrase for which he was known. Had to do with an unruly day in Home Ec class with a substitute teacher when Steve yelled it at a guy who went into the back storage area of the classroom against the teacher's instructions. Steve was quite the class clown. In HS, he played football, IIRC as a receiver. He joined the Army after 9-11 and is now a staff sergeant. I ran into him back in October for probably the first time since graduation. I'll admit that shortly before I moved back to Maryland a couple years ago I came across his girlfriend's FB page and, not knowing they were now together, thought to myself "Oh, I'd like to run into her again when I get back home." 0_0 They're good people. And Steve's son is a good kid.

This shows that a politically correct, goody-goody, progresive liberal nanny society is hard at work destroying the culture!

Normal society will be enfeebled as will be the Education System and the Governments themselves who go along with this type of nonsensical rubbish!

It's one disgrace after another with this Administration, one of the most left of centre America has ever seen. :(

Seriously???

Seriously. I first met Steve in 6th grade. For years "Get out of there!" became the catch phrase for which he was known. Had to do with an unruly day in Home Ec class with a substitute teacher when Steve yelled it at a guy who went into the back storage area of the classroom against the teacher's instructions. Steve was quite the class clown. In HS, he played football, IIRC as a receiver. He joined the Army after 9-11 and is now a staff sergeant. I ran into him back in October for probably the first time since graduation. I'll admit that shortly before I moved back to Maryland a couple years ago I came across his girlfriend's FB page and, not knowing they were now together, thought to myself "Oh, I'd like to run into her again when I get back home." 0_0 They're good people. And Steve's son is a good kid.

That's awesome! My son also joined the Army just after the war in Iraq started.....I hope he's able to do something about this horrible thing this school has done....LET KIDS BE KIDS!!!! I could see after a certain age that they might take something like this seriously, but not with kids this young!

I'll play cowboys and Indians with Marcia Sprankle. I'm really good at old Indian tortures......... Have wagon wheel, will flay......... :eusa_whistle:

I really hope that there is a lawyer out there and a way to sue the heck out of that school. Wonder what John Wayne would say if he was alive today?

Wonder what would have happened if they were caught playing doctor?

No problem. There would be a condom giveaway. Perhaps approved "finger play" one might say.

Seriously, the public schools are a dangerous place for our children and not simply because of the random shootings that can and do occur.

The warped mindset is mind boggling sometimes.

Wonder what would have happened if they were caught playing doctor?

No problem. There would be a condom giveaway. Perhaps approved "finger play" one might say.

Seriously, the public schools are a dangerous place for our children and not simply because of the random shootings that can and do occur.

The warped mindset is mind boggling sometimes.

You know, when my son was in first grade and had done something wrong, I suggested they make him write "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" 100 times. They said they can't do that, that's religious and religion isn't allowed in school. This same school stopped a prayer group started by a 6th grader that would gather around the flag pool before school in the morning and say a prayer together, no adults involved. The 6th grader was almost suspended.

And one night I was there for some sort of function and someone needed a screwdriver and I pulled out my handy dandy swiss army knife knock off and the principal almost suspended me. Of course, if I hadn't had my handy dandy swiss army knock off the whole program would have been cancelled, but what's that to a parent bringing a pocket knife to school.

Forum List

Back