First grader suspended for harassment

Angel Heart

Conservative Hippie
Jul 6, 2007
Portland, Oregon
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/nation/epaper/2008/04/03/0403suspend.html

First grader suspended for harassment
Click-2-Listen
The Associated Press

Thursday, April 03, 2008

BROCKTON, Mass. — A first grader was suspended for three days after school officials said he sexually harassed a girl in his class by allegedly putting two fingers inside the girl's waistband while she sat on the floor in front of him.

The boy's mother, Berthena Dorinvil, said she "screamed" about last week's suspension from Downey Elementary School, and added her son doesn't know what sexual harassment is.

"He doesn't know those things," she told The Enterprise of Brockton. "He's only 6 years old."

School officials declined comment to The Enterprise, citing the child's age.

"They would have not suspended the child without doing an investigation," said spokeswoman Cynthia McNally.

More...

Wow that's just retarded. How many times did I pull a girls hair, try and pull down her pants/skirt, and generally be an annoyance to my fellow first graders when I was 6? The same number of times I did it to boys. Why? Because they were my fellow students, I didn't now any better, and that's how kids act. That's so retarded. I can't image a 6 year old knowing what their doing. I bet he thought doing A annoys her so I'll do A. Not doing A is sexual in nature and I'll get off on it so I'll do A anyway. This is dumb. These teachers need to just get punched in the face for their sheer stupidity.

Welcome to new "zero-tolerance" era. This is brainless, but it's been forced on everyone by pressure groups and the promulgation of lawsuits. Schools are more concerned with protecting themselves against lawsuits that they are about protecting and educating their students. It's unfortunate, but it's a fact of life because everyone wants to sue everyone else.

It's a real shame...all that needed to be said here is "keep your hands to yourself".

acludem

Forum List

Back