First Grade to learn Arabic and Hebrew

Esperanto, anyone?
To a degree yes but then again no. International sigh would open the world to and for the deaf and mute. A native form of speech would always be kept but one could sign a GLOBAL language.

We already have a global language, and we're using it this very moment. English is the defacto world language in at least business circles.

"There is an up-side; as Americans, we are at an advantage because the majority of executives from around the globe deem English to be the international business language, followed by Mandarin and Spanish."
Bailey Language Barriers and Miscommunications are Stifling Growth

I watched a Youtube in which an interviewer asked Arabs who live in Israel proper (Israeli Arabs) if they wish to destroy Israel. They all said no. And most of them could speak Hebrew better than me, an American Jew.
Hebrew is a complicated language by it's core, while the local Arabic is quite poor comparing to Egyptian Arabic for instanc, however any language is a huge advantage and common Arabic is among the highest.

In some ways Hebrew is easier than English. The words are usually spelled the way they sound. Take the English word "light", for example. What's a "g" doing in there?
In English there is the simple rules for ght, ph, ce and other combinations, thing about Hebrew is different because Hebrew has also diacritic signs (Niqqud) in addition to those combinations including different variation begginings/endings for plural/single,male/female and time to adjectives and verbs, different phrase for questions while adjectives usually used after the nouns.
However the English vocabulary is about three times bigger I think.

All in all, Arabic is a fascinating language, but very difficult to learn. I'm not sure it's such a good idea, taking to mind the 'overdose' of information children at that age receive. Maybe they should start second or third grade, like English.
I Strongly disagree, languages learned best at younger age, the miracles of studying a new language as adult can be incredible to fresh minds and don't forget how easy studying is for children.
Most brilliant people in history were capable of speaking several languages.

• Maybe israel is looking to recruit more Mista'arvim? to carry out False flag attacks
The special forces or mustarivim in Hebrew comprises of four selective units, two belonging to the Israeli army the first, the Duvdevan (Hebrew for cherry) which work in the West Bank and the second Shamshon (Samson) in the Gaza Strip. The third unit belongs to the border police and the last which works strictly in the Jerusalem area belongs to the police.

These units undergo special training and do not follow the same instructions for opening fire as the regular forces. Their members receive military and psychological training so that killing is a routine and easy procedure. Usually they work under the guise of young men or women dressed in Arab attire

Well, out of all the recent news I found this little gem to be probably the best news in months, while implementation would take some time it is something should've done years ago, any opinions?

Lawmaker proposes mandatory Arabic studies from first grade The Times of Israel

I used to take classes in three language.
Everyone should
Which three languages though? I studied French and Spanish, as well as Latin and Ancient Greek; all four have stood me in good stead throughout my travels across the world.
I would guess Aris is fluent in Arabic, English and Hebrew. Those other languages are used mostly by whores and prostitutes.

Not hebrew. I know a few words but I have to get help for that. In college had to learn a bit of ancient greek and latin, but I wouldn't say I was fluent it them either.
My son did not take language in school, but later he chose learned 8 languages including sign in the army. I tried to learn after my stroke and know a few words but I could not retain enough, I rely on spelling or typing. My son learned hebrew and arabic.
My geography and history classes were in french, algebra and calculus in english, I took literature in arabic. I used to help teach kindergarten in my free hours and tutors younger kids after school. For about 30 yrs I did not speak of hear anything but english, I cut that part of my life away trying to forget. I was surprised and proud when my son chose to learn.
Since my brain runs so much faster than my fingers, I'm not sure I would say I'm fluent in english anymore.
Trying to catch my words is a bit like fishing in the ocean with a pool net

All in all, Arabic is a fascinating language, but very difficult to learn. I'm not sure it's such a good idea, taking to mind the 'overdose' of information children at that age receive. Maybe they should start second or third grade, like English.
I Strongly disagree, languages learned best at younger age, the miracles of studying a new language as adult can be incredible to fresh minds and don't forget how easy studying is for children.

From their first words, they should learn languages.
It was funny in such a cute way, when my brother started kindergarten he used all three languages in each sentence. For him it was all part of one language.

• Maybe israel is looking to recruit more Mista'arvim? to carry out False flag attacks
The special forces or mustarivim in Hebrew comprises of four selective units, two belonging to the Israeli army the first, the Duvdevan (Hebrew for cherry) which work in the West Bank and the second Shamshon (Samson) in the Gaza Strip. The third unit belongs to the border police and the last which works strictly in the Jerusalem area belongs to the police.

These units undergo special training and do not follow the same instructions for opening fire as the regular forces. Their members receive military and psychological training so that killing is a routine and easy procedure. Usually they work under the guise of young men or women dressed in Arab attire
WTF does this have to do with the OP, Mr. Train Engineer on a derailing mission?

Well, out of all the recent news I found this little gem to be probably the best news in months, while implementation would take some time it is something should've done years ago, any opinions?

Everyone should
Which three languages though? I studied French and Spanish, as well as Latin and Ancient Greek; all four have stood me in good stead throughout my travels across the world.
I would guess Aris is fluent in Arabic, English and Hebrew. Those other languages are used mostly by whores and prostitutes.

As the saying goes, "Coitui te ipsum"

not nice

From their first words, they should learn languages.
It was funny in such a cute way, when my brother started kindergarten he used all three languages in each sentence. For him it was all part of one language.

Language is culture - it behooves us to undestand more than our own. My brother and I grew up with 3 languages initially. I think in the US we ought to learn at least both Spanish and English. If kids start it young, it's amazing how quickly they learn it and they don't get confused.

I watched a Youtube in which an interviewer asked Arabs who live in Israel proper (Israeli Arabs) if they wish to destroy Israel. They all said no. And most of them could speak Hebrew better than me, an American Jew.
What else did you expect them to say?

If they said otherwise, the IDF would declare them a terrorist and assassinate them in the middle of the night. ...... :cool:

Yeah right! I wonder if you have ever been to Israel or talked to a regular Joe over there. Like I heard someone say once, "The Jews in America are more Israeli than the Israelis, and the Arabs in America are more Palestinian than the Palestinians". It might be boring, but most people in Israel, both Jewish and Arab, just want to make ends meet and support their families. That's the impression I got from watching these Arabs in Haifa and Jaffa.
And the people in Gaza will give you the same answer.

I myself have always wished international sign was taut in schools.
that way ANYONE and EVERYONE could talk. That would tear down barriers in one or two generations worldwide.

"taut".

Before you talk about more than one language of any type being TAUGHT in schools, perhaps you should master the English language first.

After all, you are the one who has claimed to have an IQ of 214, and yet, you cannot spell even the most rudimentary English words correctly.

Do you not feel shame at railing on other people all over the place, when you simultaneously make yourself look like an utter fool be being incapable of rhyming together at least two sentences in English without fucking up?

Damn.

Now, as to sign language, that is indeed an interesting idea. Only, just a small percentage of the US comes in contact with deaf people on a daily basis.
Intelligence is not necessarily linked to correct grammar. 214 is a bit much, though.

Everyone should

As the saying goes, "Coitui te ipsum"

not nice
Neither was your bosom buddy's; I don't start fights.

Forum List

Back