First Gay Couple Receives Marriage License At Jailed Kentucky Clerk's Office

The neanderthals always lose in the end

MOREHEAD, Ky., Sept 4 (Reuters) - The Kentucky clerk's office that had refused to issue marriage licenses to gay couples in defiance of orders by a federal judge on Friday morning ended its resistance.

Darned if the Democrat who was serving as County Clerk didn't end up in jail. I never thought it would come to that because Democrats usually take care of their own.

Money and anarchy always win in the end. Hallmarks of the Dem party

Utah doesn't force clerks to sign gay marriage licenses, but they have a state law that someone has to be on duty who is willing to do it.

MOREHEAD, Ky., Sept 4 (Reuters) - The Kentucky clerk's office that had refused to issue marriage licenses to gay couples in defiance of orders by a federal judge on Friday morning ended its resistance.

Darned if the Democrat who was serving as County Clerk didn't end up in jail. I never thought it would come to that because Democrats usually take care of their own.
Yup I guess you don't know jack shit about Democrats.

Crazy Religionists, Guno, do not always lose.

The Rule of Law won, not the Rule of Man or Rule of Religion of Rule of Atheism.

Every time the anti-Godists try to remove religion from the debate of the public square they lose.

Glad to see they got their license. Funny that the clerk gets punished. ROFL Guess the democrat "shield" only works while you are towing the party line.

I know a lot of Democrats are full of shit, if that helps you.

And as you've proved, so are many republicans.

Why is this its own thread? Why not add it to one of the other 100 threads on the same topic?

Five minutes ago I counted 7 threads on this topic on the front page. lol. There has to be just flecks of the dead horse left after all these beatings. Good lord.

That's because you don't know what Democrats actually stand for. As long as you believe what limbaugh says about Democrats, you can expect to be wrong quite often.

And as you've proved, so are many republicans.

LOL! Hurts your feelings that the ONE anti-gay activist who's been refusing to issue licences and had to go to jail is one of your fellow intolerant Democrats, I see. The party of Jim Crow and slavery is shown to still be intolerant...sorry you're so disappointed in your Party.

That's because you don't know what Democrats actually stand for. As long as you believe what limbaugh says about Democrats, you can expect to be wrong quite often.

It's your story, so I guess you can tell it as you choose, but the FACT is that she's a Democrat. No Republican County Clerk is in jail over this.

Break the law, face the consequences. Doesn't matter a fuckin' damn who you vote for.

Money and anarchy always win in the end. Hallmarks of the Dem party

Utah doesn't force clerks to sign gay marriage licenses, but they have a state law that someone has to be on duty who is willing to do it.

The judge who sat in this case offered the same deal to Davis. With 5 of the 6 clerks in the office willing to issue the licenses, the judge found that Davis wouldn't be in contempt if she merely didn't interfere with the other clerks.

Davis refused, insisting she would do everything in her power to interfere. Even in Utah, she'd be in contempt.

Forum List

Back