First Elian, and Now Terri.....

Adam's Apple said:
You never know where a post is going to go. I posted my article to show the difference in the libs' reaction to government intervention in Terri's case and how they wholeheartedly supported the Clinton Justice Department running rough shod over the courts in the Elian Gonzalez case. As the article pointed out in its last paragraph, Jeb Bush would not go beyond the powers given to him under state law; in the Elian Gonzalez case, Bill Clinton's Justice Department said to heck with such restraint.

Yup, but not a peep outta the libs on that one.... typical.

Adam's Apple said:
You never know where a post is going to go. I posted my article to show the difference in the libs' reaction to government intervention in Terri's case and how they wholeheartedly supported the Clinton Justice Department running rough shod over the courts in the Elian Gonzalez case. As the article pointed out in its last paragraph, Jeb Bush would not go beyond the powers given to him under state law; in the Elian Gonzalez case, Bill Clinton's Justice Department said to heck with such restraint.

And although many on the board would disagree with me, I firmly believe that it is liberals who will suffer in the long run over the Schiavo case. How can they block the nomination of a judge who stands athwart their beloved causes of abortion, gay rights, and the purging of religion from all public discourse - by means of the rape of the Constitution - given their new-found reverence for "states rights"? Think of the 180-degree turn that's waiting for them - right up the road. Imagine the G-forces at work. This may stretch even Orwellian doublethink to the breaking point.

musicman said:
And although many on the board would disagree with me, I firmly believe that it is liberals who will suffer in the long run over the Schiavo case. How can they block the nomination of a judge who stands athwart their beloved causes of abortion, gay rights, and the purging of religion from all public discourse - by means of the rape of the Constitution - given their new-found reverence for "states rights"? Think of the 180-degree turn that's waiting for them - right up the road. Imagine the G-forces at work. This may stretch even Orwellian doublethink to the breaking point.

Agreed--they can't even stick their fingers in the wind on this one to determine which stand they should take----They KNOW the other shoe is gonna drop and they are already hiding. I wonder if Hillary would be willing to expound on her thoughts regarding this issue? :rotflmao:

dilloduck said:
Agreed--they can't even stick their fingers in the wind on this one to determine which stand they should take----They KNOW the other shoe is gonna drop and they are already hiding. I wonder if Hillary would be willing to expound on her thoughts regarding this issue? :rotflmao:

Yeah right, she might when pigs fly.

dilloduck said:

Nope - that witch is too smart to get herself hurt on this one. That's what the rank and file are for - cannon fodder!

OCA said:
Nope he's a lifer. It was something totally uncalled for and actually I contemplated it for days. It was his carrot and potato comment concerning Terri Schiavo, completely unbecoming and tasteless...I don't even go there.

Anybody recall the comment i'm talking about?

I must have missed it.

Anyway, I am signing out of the Terri Schiavo threads... too much going on, and frankly, it's over now. Poor girl.

Forum List

Back