First Day

Yes. You're not reading your own posts, apparently.

This was the exchange

Your response:

Dillo's post referenced the fact that the racist with the KKK symbol avatar's OP was "a racist's feigned outrage".

Your response had nothing to do with his comment... hence my comment about you not looking at the guy's avatar... which is what Dillo was talking about.

Actually Jill, you're the one who's missing the context.

It started with Red Dawn saying the OP must be a Bush supporter simply because he's "outraged" over Obama. Then Dillo clarified that it was racist outrage. Then I made a joke about anyone questioning Obama being an automatic Bush supporter. That was the thread of discussion between the three of us. Dillo and I got it, how come you didn't?

Actually Jill, you're the one who's missing the context.

It started with Red Dawn saying the OP must be a Bush supporter simply because he's "outraged" over Obama. Then Dillo clarified that it was racist outrage. Then I made a joke about anyone questioning Obama being an automatic Bush supporter. That was the thread of discussion between the three of us. Dillo and I got it, how come you didn't?

MAybe it's a woman thing ? :lol:

Obama and Michelle are smart. They know that if they send their kids to Public Schools, they won't get a good education. The message is clear: If you want your kids to get a good education, DO NOT send them to Public Schools.

xisted,

That does depend on where you live....as example, the neighborhood school in my town, (on a small 1500 square foot home the property taxes were $3800! a year, which paid for schools) in Massachusetts, had the number 1 ranked school in my county and one of the number one ranked elementary and high schools in our Nation since massachusetts ranks in the top 3 on excellent Public Education.

We paid some very high property taxes to pay for good teachers....the average teacher in my town was paid $58k a year, I believe.

It stunk for matt and me, with no children, having to pay those taxes for schools year after year but we took the approach that it was good for the future of our community/state to have good schools....

So, I believe there are MANY Public School Districts that operate well above average in educating our children....not ALL public schools are bad....far from it, imho! :)

Care

OFF TOPIC!
viewing your avatar....

Did you know that PRIDE is the deadliest of the 7 deadly sins and that PRIDE plays a part in ALL of the 7 deadly sins? :eek:

( I just saw a history channel special on this!!! It's making me ponder PRIDE and what it really is, which in many cases....is glorifying oneself, over and above God!)

Care

Actually, pride is a gray area not a black and white area. Taking pride in ones accomplishments is very healthy as it gives you that extra boost to do more, taking pride in your own differences is healthy because then it allows you to rise above them. But taking pride in differences as an excuse to attack or harm others who are different is a true evil. I always hated that 'deadly sins' garbage because it's stupid and if we didn't eat a lot, fuck a lot, and take pride in what we can do as a species we wouldn't have survived past the first 100 years.

xisted,

That does depend on where you live....as example, the neighborhood school in my town, (on a small 1500 square foot home the property taxes were $3800! a year, which paid for schools) in Massachusetts, had the number 1 ranked school in my county and one of the number one ranked elementary and high schools in our Nation since massachusetts ranks in the top 3 on excellent Public Education.

We paid some very high property taxes to pay for good teachers....the average teacher in my town was paid $58k a year, I believe.

It stunk for matt and me, with no children, having to pay those taxes for schools year after year but we took the approach that it was good for the future of our community/state to have good schools....

So, I believe there are MANY Public School Districts that operate well above average in educating our children....not ALL public schools are bad....far from it, imho! :)

Care

I agree there are some good public schools, but of course they simply do not compare with private schools or homeschooling in terms of quality of education. The fact that Obama - our new President in a couple weeks - opted for private schools speaks volumes about public schools. Jimmy Carter sent his daughter to public schools in DC because he believed in public education. This sentiment has obviously changed and there certainly is plenty of data to back it up. I applaud the Obama's for making the right educational choice for their children. My hope is that they will help all students get a good education, not just the ones whose parents have the means to do so.

Actually, pride is a gray area not a black and white area. Taking pride in ones accomplishments is very healthy as it gives you that extra boost to do more, taking pride in your own differences is healthy because then it allows you to rise above them. But taking pride in differences as an excuse to attack or harm others who are different is a true evil. I always hated that 'deadly sins' garbage because it's stupid and if we didn't eat a lot, fuck a lot, and take pride in what we can do as a species we wouldn't have survived past the first 100 years.

Well said----I think the definition of pride that religions talk about is being uppity and thinking we always have the ability to know good from bad. A person has to choose SOME path ---it's stubbornly sticking to it that fucks you up and prevents you from learning anything.

Obama and Michelle are smart. They know that if they send their kids to Public Schools, they won't get a good education. The message is clear: If you want your kids to get a good education, DO NOT send them to Public Schools.

Actually, I kinda think the message is more that if you're President (damn....feels nice to capitalize it again....had to quit when Curious George was in office), public schools don't have the necessary procedures in place to protect your kids, so put 'em in the same school that other Presidents have.

That's because I know an embarrassed Bush-McCain supporter when I see one.

This racist tried to tell me he was a former Obama supporter. We all know that's a lie. That makes him a racist, a liar, and almost certainly a McCain voter.

What a dick head ... I liked him over clinton and didnt want a republican sooooo ....
As I said before asshole when the blacks started coming out of the woodwork and the media was so one sided I dont feel it was a fair election. On that I changed my mind and in my opinion think he purchased the election as he did his following!

I for one cant be bought .... ah well maybe.

OFF TOPIC!
viewing your avatar....

Did you know that PRIDE is the deadliest of the 7 deadly sins and that PRIDE plays a part in ALL of the 7 deadly sins? :eek:

( I just saw a history channel special on this!!! It's making me ponder PRIDE and what it really is, which in many cases....is glorifying oneself, over and above God!)

Care

I asked a simple question that and IF we paid (I wasnt sure) then I was going to ask why they are going to such an expensive school when there are alternatives. After all he is asking us all to step up I guess hes above what he is asking of us?
I dont want to hear about security issues as what ever school they went to would become more secure and probably start educating their kids better ect ... See its BS and was a legitimate question so fuck you.

Last edited:
I asked a simple question that and IF we paid (I wasnt sure) then I was going to ask why they are going to such an expensive school when there are alternatives. After all he is asking us all to step up I guess hes above what he is asking of us?
I dont want to hear about security issues as what ever school they went to would become more secure and probably start educating their kids better ect ... See its BS and was a legitimate question so fuck you.

ummmmmm, hopefully you are addressing this to someone else and mistakenly hit the quote of me discusing the word pride, in your avatar?

I never said your question was dumb, nor did I ever imply that you asked such a question for some, underlying, evil reason....

I just wanted you to think about your avatar, and what it implies....

Care

ummmmmm, hopefully you are addressing this to someone else and mistakenly hit the quote of me discusing the word pride, in your avatar?

I never said your question was dumb, nor did I ever imply that you asked such a question for some, underlying, evil reason....

I just wanted you to think about your avatar, and what it implies....

Care

My avatar implies nothing more to me than a mutil colored rainbow to a gay person.
Im proud to be white and there is nothing wrong with me showing it. After all this is still America ... yes?

You didn't need to see Bush Jr.'s name on it......it's been rumored (several times I might add), that the Bush family (especially Barbara) is racist.

And.....the dude's avatar in question is straight up KKK symbols.

Hey dude ... dont call me DUDE!!!

Straight up KKK ... I will let you know I chose it for one reason and that is the words "white power" so befoe passing judgment get the facts ... it seems to me you are a little racist!!

My avatar implies nothing more to me than a mutil colored rainbow to a gay person.
Im proud to be white and there is nothing wrong with me showing it. After all this is still America ... yes?
but what is white pride?
what is it that makes you feel ''proud'' to be white? Did you achieve something personally to be proud of or earn this somehow?

but what is white pride?
what is it that makes you feel ''proud'' to be white? Did you achieve something personally to be proud of or earn this somehow?

Not the topic of the post and there are plenty of other Avatars that I think are worse, but I don't care. Its like pink hair or a nose ring or maybe Id offend you all if I posted my picture. Really it doesnt matter so stick to the topic ...

Actually, I kinda think the message is more that if you're President (damn....feels nice to capitalize it again....had to quit when Curious George was in office), public schools don't have the necessary procedures in place to protect your kids, so put 'em in the same school that other Presidents have.

:lol: Hilarious! :lol:

Yet another reason to avoid public schools. No wonder they're the ones disgruntled kids always shoot-up. You don't see that in private schools.

but what is white pride?

Seattle Black Pride - Home

St. Louis Black Pride 2008 | August 15-17, 2008 | "Our City, Our Pride"

http://www.indianablackpride.com/

What is it that makes all these Black people (see above links) proud to be Black? Did they all achieve something personally to be proud of or earn it somehow?

or is it only wrong to be proud of being white?

Last edited:
Seattle Black Pride - Home

St. Louis Black Pride 2008 | August 15-17, 2008 | "Our City, Our Pride"

http://www.indianablackpride.com/

What is it that makes all these Black people (see above links) proud to be Black? Did they all achieve something personally to be proud of or earn it somehow?

or is it only wrong to be proud of being white?

i think both is wrong. i don't think skin color is ''pride worthy''.

do 2 wrongs make it right? i don't believe so, do you?

Um ... you know so little about pride it's almost funny. The rainbow is to exemplify tolerance from all and for all. The colors represent a world where everyone is unique but also working side by side. It's not a 'gay' thing at all really, it was originally used a long time ago but forgotten, the gay groups just reintroduced it.

Hey dude ... dont call me DUDE!!!

Straight up KKK ... I will let you know I chose it for one reason and that is the words "white power" so befoe passing judgment get the facts ... it seems to me you are a little racist!!

Ok, I won't call you dude......how about Fucktard? Shithead? Idiot?

I know.....Pea Brain Pete.

And....as far as the KKK reference? Well.....have you ever seen the design on the sheets of KKK members? They use the same design, only it's red.

Proud to be white? What exactly have you done, or has occurred in your life to make you think that being white is better than being any other color? Have you ever served in the military? I'd be willing to bet not, as if you were, that attitude would have been drilled or beaten out of you, or else you would have been kicked out. Which is it Peabrain Pete?

As far as Obama and his kids going to that school? Well.....Joe Biden is white, as well as so was Bill Clinton, and all their kids went there. Does that make them "elitists" also?

Additionally, do you realize what kind of security procedures are required to keep the children of our elected officials safe?

I'm betting not.

Forum List

Back