First Day of School

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
My Gals just started their first day of the school year today.

I don't know what it is but I always liked the smell or ambiance or something about the first day of school.

Maybe it's the new clothes, fresh paper, fresh cut grass, crispness in the air, confusion, anticipation or maybe the memories.. I don't know.. I just like it..

My Gals just started their first day of the school year today.

I don't know what it is but I always liked the smell or ambiance or something about the first day of school.

Maybe it's the new clothes, fresh paper, fresh cut grass, crispness in the air, confusion, anticipation or maybe the memories.. I don't know.. I just like it..

I absolutely loved the first day of school. I think it was the anticipation, seeing friends again, the smell of my new Trapper Keeper.

I loved school!

And to tell you the truth, summer vacation was as awesome as hell, but 10 weeks is enough.

I never liked school till after HS.
The first day of school was like time for the mallet to start hitting me again to try and drive me into a non-conforming hole.

We don't start back until after Labor Day but I have a few workshops and meetings the next few weeks. I'm ready to go back. So is my son. He actually said last night "I can't wait for school to start" I was shocked - and pleased.

Summer vacation should be six weeks. The kids wouldn't forget as much.

We don't start back until after Labor Day but I have a few workshops and meetings the next few weeks. I'm ready to go back. So is my son. He actually said last night "I can't wait for school to start" I was shocked - and pleased.

I think the, "The kids wouldn't forget as much" is the reason the school district shortened summer vacation..It might be state wide for all I know..

My younger daughter Hailey was ready to go back to school after 2 weeks of summer, "I'm bored", then we broke down and bought her a new video game a week ago and,"summer was too short".

I think the, "The kids wouldn't forget as much" is the reason the school district shortened summer vacation..It might be state wide for all I know..

My younger daughter Hailey was ready to go back to school after 2 weeks of summer, "I'm bored", then we broke down and bought her a new video game a week ago and,"summer was too short".

Yeah, my kids used to go to a community school that I thought did it right. They got fewer summer weeks off but they got more days off than the other schools during the school year. It helped the memory thing a lot imho.

Forum List

Back