First dates

Now that Ive finished a major part of my workload this semester im looking to go out alittle more. Anyone have any decent first date ideas? how can i sweep some girls off their feet?

how about some advice from someone who IS a woman?

It depends on HER. First, take note of what she dresses like on a regular basis. Also, look at the car she drives, or what other mode of transportation she takes. Find out what her major is (if she has one). These are all likely to tell you her personality or style before you talk to her and find out she's liberal and you are conservative.

Find out who her friends are and ask them questions about her likes and dislikes. Be open and don't act like a stalker. Come right out and tell them you are interested, but you want to know more about her before you actually ask, so that you are less likely to, say, take a vegan to Outback Steakhouse or a sushi bar.

Once you know about her more, ask her out on a date that will play to her interests, and also YOURS. Be creative with the dates.

Also, you may want to see the movie Hitch with Will Smith. It actually has GREAT points for creative dates and I found it to be right on target with a lot of stuff.
Doing all of this strikes Me as being a bit of a stalker.

It's one thing to find out some things about her, but I'd do that in a more casual setting. Going to her friends and asking questions when you haven't even had a first date would be creepy to most people.

Now that Ive finished a major part of my workload this semester im looking to go out alittle more. Anyone have any decent first date ideas? how can i sweep some girls off their feet?
Grab a quick bite (of food) and maybe take her to a magic show or something like that. Look at your community calendar and see what's going on in the community. Sometimes they have late summer or early fall festivals. Things like that.

This thread is over a decade old. Why did you resurrect it?
I'm going on a first date tonight. Why would I create wa thread title that already exists. Does that make sense? I hate it when I am looking for an old thread I've started I have created too many threads. I used to start them after every thought. Now I search the subject and continue an existing thread.

I'm getting ready for my date. I went to Nordstrom and Macy's. Who spends $175 for a shirt?

Stupid wealthy people?
My brother would have bought that shirt. I would have 40% off

Coffee if you're not sure if you like the girl. If you're sure you like her go for cocktails at a nice lounge.

Show them a good time. Are you in your home city?

Show them some things around town that you know about that are cool that outsiders might not.

Someday I might get to do that with the right person.

Last time I did something like that. I just wanted to get out the house, I took this black..dude with me to see the guys I know that play music perform. As expected, they did quite well, here's the thing, I grew up with the waitress there that night, and she is soooo hot!

I'm out with this dude just to get out the house. :uhoh3: And it's one out of five of the finest women I've ever known. She feeds me 5 pitchers and runs a tab and at the end she's like: "Oh, Just gimme 5 bucks"

I gave her a 10, I wish I would have got her number.

All in all, it was a good night. I knew the band, I knew the waitress, and the music was good. Oh yeah, the drinks were cheap, too!

Forum List

Back