First dates

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Now that Ive finished a major part of my workload this semester im looking to go out alittle more. Anyone have any decent first date ideas? how can i sweep some girls off their feet?

Now that Ive finished a major part of my workload this semester im looking to go out alittle more. Anyone have any decent first date ideas? how can i sweep some girls off their feet?

Don't do dinner and a movie. You can't interact in a movie theater (unless you're pretty sure she wants to make out with you, and even then $8/person to make out is a lot).

I suggest lunch and a walk in the park. It shows how romantic you are, and chick dig romance! :D

gop_jeff said:
Don't do dinner and a movie. You can't interact in a movie theater (unless you're pretty sure she wants to make out with you, and even then $8/person to make out is a lot).

I suggest lunch and a walk in the park. It shows how romantic you are, and chick dig romance! :D

Most chicks don't dig romance on the first date...
they think you are trying to get down their pants,
or they think you're "TO NICE".
Go bowling or shoot some pool, mini golf.
Do something insanely easy that you can have fun doing.
This way you learn about her and have fun.
If it's someone you already know well, maybe a coworker,
then go out for drinks, that way if it doesn't work out you can
let it go as "coworkers (or friends) who had a drink"

how about some advice from someone who IS a woman?

It depends on HER. First, take note of what she dresses like on a regular basis. Also, look at the car she drives, or what other mode of transportation she takes. Find out what her major is (if she has one). These are all likely to tell you her personality or style before you talk to her and find out she's liberal and you are conservative.

Find out who her friends are and ask them questions about her likes and dislikes. Be open and don't act like a stalker. Come right out and tell them you are interested, but you want to know more about her before you actually ask, so that you are less likely to, say, take a vegan to Outback Steakhouse or a sushi bar.

Once you know about her more, ask her out on a date that will play to her interests, and also YOURS. Be creative with the dates.

Also, you may want to see the movie Hitch with Will Smith. It actually has GREAT points for creative dates and I found it to be right on target with a lot of stuff.

fuzzykitten99 said:
how about some advice from someone who IS a woman?

It depends on HER. First, take note of what she dresses like on a regular basis. Also, look at the car she drives, or what other mode of transportation she takes. Find out what her major is (if she has one). These are all likely to tell you her personality or style before you talk to her and find out she's liberal and you are conservative.

Find out who her friends are and ask them questions about her likes and dislikes. Be open and don't act like a stalker. Come right out and tell them you are interested, but you want to know more about her before you actually ask, so that you are less likely to, say, take a vegan to Outback Steakhouse or a sushi bar.

Once you know about her more, ask her out on a date that will play to her interests, and also YOURS. Be creative with the dates.

Also, you may want to see the movie Hitch with Will Smith. It actually has GREAT points for creative dates and I found it to be right on target with a lot of stuff.
Ehhh, asking her friends is kind of 6th grade if you ask me.
If it's not a blind date then you'll have to speak to her in person.
Be direct, but use tact. Ask her all the questions about where to go,
and what to do, but make suggestions and be thoughtful.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Ehhh, asking her friends is kind of 6th grade if you ask me.
If it's not a blind date then you'll have to speak to her in person.
Be direct, but use tact. Ask her all the questions about where to go,
and what to do, but make suggestions and be thoughtful.

I agree partially.

If you ask her out and are going on a date that you want to surprise her with, then you talk to her friends to get them to help you finding out what she likes. Don't talk to her friends before hand in order to dig for information. There is a big difference saying, "We are going out on Friday and I need to know what she likes..." and "Dude, I want to ask her out, what does she like?"

If I were her friend and you asked the second question, I would be uncomfortable giving information. If I knew you were going out already I would be more comfortable telling you about my friend. It also would seem to me like you were trying to get me to tell you if she "liked" you if you tried to ask before you got her agreement to even go on a date.

Best advice is be confident, but don't overwhelm her. Keep things simple on the first date. I would say find a nice bistro for lunch, something very casual and quiet so you can have a conversation without constant interruptions. Keep the date to a few hours, set the pace for the conversation.........And if you really like her, set up another date at the end of the first one so she knows your interested... and you beat out other guys for her time on the weekend. Most important......Dont' play games, if you like her, ask to see her again, if you don't, just thank her for a nice time and leave it at that.

i used to ask them to brunch..... then drive to carmel, about an hour, and have breakfast on the beach....drive home up highway one, nice view, long drive though if it didn't go well....hit it off a few times...went shopping stayed for dinner....got a room and stayed the weekend....i am such a slut

manu1959 said:
i used to ask them to brunch..... then drive to carmel, about an hour, and have breakfast on the beach....drive home up highway one, nice view, long drive though if it didn't go well....hit it off a few times...went shopping stayed for dinner....got a room and stayed the weekend....i am such a slut

I lived about 20 min. from Carmel when I was in A-School. I liked that place.

I met this hot woman from Belarus at the dog park. I'm taking her to a restaurant where they bring out 750 degree rocks and you put your steak on however long you want. If you like it rare you don't leave it on long. It's an expensive place.

Find a common interest and spend, spend, spend...
No shit. I said anywhere she wants to go and she picked an expensive place. But I don't mind I just got a huge raise.

No shit. I said anywhere she wants to go and she picked an expensive place. But I don't mind I just got a huge raise.
Well at least you got a raise...
Now I want some hot skinny younger woman's pussy in my mouth. God I hope she's not a gold digger. She just may very well be a real genuine person. I know all women prefer successful men and some of them will marry up for security. I don't mind as long as she doesn't leave me and take half my shit.

Well at least you got a raise...
Thanks Trump.

I have to hand it to the orange freak he hasn't fucked up the economy yet.

This thread is over a decade old. Why did you resurrect it?
I'm going on a first date tonight. Why would I create wa thread title that already exists. Does that make sense? I hate it when I am looking for an old thread I've started I have created too many threads. I used to start them after every thought. Now I search the subject and continue an existing thread.

I'm getting ready for my date. I went to Nordstrom and Macy's. Who spends $175 for a shirt?

This thread is over a decade old. Why did you resurrect it?
I'm going on a first date tonight. Why would I create wa thread title that already exists. Does that make sense? I hate it when I am looking for an old thread I've started I have created too many threads. I used to start them after every thought. Now I search the subject and continue an existing thread.

I'm getting ready for my date. I went to Nordstrom and Macy's. Who spends $175 for a shirt?

Stupid wealthy people?

Forum List

Back