First Civil-Union Couple Parting Ways

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by dmp, Dec 15, 2005.

1. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/12/15/D8EGT8A80.html

So they are splitting because of domestic violence...lol...

Homosexual relationships are statistically MORE violent...one stat I remember from awhile back..

I'm not sad - only to the point that i'm sad those ladies are so jacked up in the head to choose a destructive lifestyle.

2. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    When I saw the violence charge, I guessed they were females, lol.

3. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +490
    Well... it was bound to happen, the first gay couple that had were recognized by Vermont's "civil-union" law are calling it quits.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051215/ap_on_re_us/vermont_civil_union

Interestingly, the reason for the split is domestic violence (the couple are both women).

So far, 78 unions out of 7,000+ have dissolved. That's a 1% mortality rate for 5 years. Just wait, my prediction... these couples will have at least a 50% "divorce" rate, which is the same as the divorce rate as the rest of society. It may eventually be even higher.

So much for the argument that gay marriage will save the institution of marriage.

Am I surprised? No. Domestic violence amongst lesbians is not a widely discussed topic. For obvious reasons, first, the NOW wants us all to believe that MEN are supposed to be oppressors and the wife beaters. And secondly, gays don't have the same problems as straights.

Now, for the next act, the gay divorce. If you think straight divorce is nasty, gay divorce won't be an improvement. After all, when it comes to property and matters of money, everyone has the same orientation.

P.S. Am I gloating? Yes, I am. Because once again, the Left is going to be proven wrong. No surprise here. The Left can screw up a one car funeral.

4. The ClayTaurus

The ClayTaurus Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    You're gloating a bit pre-maturely, in my opinion.

5. Yurt

Yurt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,038
    If you are gloating, then more power to you if you makes you sleep better at night. Though I do not see you as gloating. This issue, to me, seems more the fact that these "gay" marriages are really no different than heterosexual marriage. Wait. Save for the gender thing. And wait, no kids.

Other than that, they have what all other people in this country have:

A contract for marriage.

You have no moral rights in most states (like CA that is a no fault state). When broken down into simply "contractual" terms, this news does not surprise me as I know a relative who had this happen to her without "marriage." Abuse is human. Male, female, it is human. Let us not make this out to be anything other than it is:

two people going their separate ways

Am I degrading church marriages? Am I degrading Las Vegas marriages between two people, male/female, sober or not? No. Simply that SH*t happens no matter your oreintation. No matter you sinful nature, for the earth is abound with bad acts happening to all people.

In the end, only God knows our hearts and soul.

In a secular tone, this is not surprising, especially if you know gay men, for violence readily exists, though no one wants to admit it. No, I am not gay. However, that does not negate my knowledge. And it does not mean that gay women are more violent, simply means there is violence in relationships. Period.

6. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +490
    the fact is that once the gay divorces start.... you won't be able to tell the gays from the straights....

another attempt by the Left to reinvent society is about to be hoisted onto the dung heap of history...

Premature? Maybe.... only time will tell, but I also believe that time will prove me right.

7. MissileMan

MissileMan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Right about what? That gays are human just like heterosexuals and will likely wind up with similar marital statistics? Wow! You're a seer of magnificent power...a regular Nostradamus. :bow2:

8. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +490
    I think that when it's all said and done, gay marriage will turn out to be a major fiasco.... the divorce rate will be higher, the domestic violence, something will go wrong... that's what I'm trying to say....

When you try to reinvent society, it doesn't work. Society changes on its own, at its own pace... trying to make it fit your worldview just doesn't work...

9. The ClayTaurus

The ClayTaurus Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    What falls under the category of society changing on it's own?

10. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    Something like this: The right to gay marriage becomes law, because it is voted into law by a majority of the people, rather than dictated by a few activist judges who are not in tune with the majority.