First and last time making my own pistol grips.

PredFan

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2011
In Liberal minds, rent free.
i have had this 44 Magnum since 1984 three weeks ago I dropped it while hunting hogs. It hit right on the wooden grips and broke one side in half.

Everyone makes custom grips for automatic pistols these days but most of them don’t make grips for pistols. The guy on line who said he could make one for my 44 wanted too much money. So I decided to try my hand at it first and failing that, I’d spend the money.

I have experience in woodworking and tools, and all I needed was the right wood to make it out of. No place here in Orlando would sell me any kind of decent hardwood in the size I needed. I had to spend a bunch of money on a full size plank.

I was at an antique shop a couple of days later and I found an antique rolling pin made out of burl wood. It was $5. And here is what I did with it:
B08161AE-41F4-4AB5-B14C-DBA581DEB311.png

Nice work

When it wears down a bit to fit your hand it'll be real nice

PredFan said:
I was at an antique shop a couple of days later and I found an antique rolling pin made out of burl wood.
When You Keep Your Eyes And Mind Open
You Can Find A Lot Of Neet Stuff Like That
It's Called 'Repurposing'
I missed the hog too btw. Shot went between his legs. In my defense it was 50 feet away and moving. Lol.
Dixie Gun Works Sells Stocks
For 1860's Black Powder Revolvers
Like You Saw In The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly
It Increases Your Effective Range Like A Mini-Rifle
Maybe You Can Fit One On

I Can Guarantee
You'll Be The Star Of Attention At The Range

PredFan said:
I was at an antique shop a couple of days later and I found an antique rolling pin made out of burl wood.
When You Keep Your Eyes And Mind Open
You Can Find A Lot Of Neet Stuff Like That
It's Called 'Repurposing'
I missed the hog too btw. Shot went between his legs. In my defense it was 50 feet away and moving. Lol.
Dixie Gun Works Sells Stocks
For 1860's Black Powder Revolvers
Like You Saw In The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly
It Increases Your Effective Range Like A Mini-Rifle
Maybe You Can Fit One On

I Can Guarantee
You'll Be The Star Of Attention At The Range

Thanks but I like the one I made. (I missed the hog with the old grips, btw)

New Topics

Forum List

Back