First Amendment Issue

Si, why are you all het up about people being curious and/or concerned about the nature of Post Release?

I'm not concerned about people being interested in post release.

I just find it interesting that anyone would think what they do on line in a free public forum is private.... or that a sites like this does not allow information gathering.

What do you think a google spider is?

I tell you what i am curious about. The focused interest and trying to manipulate interest in post release by certain parties.

And here come the sheep to attempt to lamely justify this.

The OP asked a question and instead of dodging her, or lying to her, I answered her question with the facts, which insulting my intelligence and all the lame justifications in the world don't change. How she reacts to that information is on her and everyone else here, but chosing to ignore it only proves how dumb sheep really are.

Where have you been lilbug? Ive not seen you around for a long while now.

The OP asked a question and instead of dodging her, or lying to her, I answered her question with the facts, which insulting my intelligence and all the lame justifications in the world don't change. How she reacts to that information is on her and everyone else here, but chosing to ignore it only proves how dumb sheep really are.
Grow the fuck up. You post here, and folks are going to address what you post.

You are hysterical about this. Get a grip.

Si, why are you all het up about people being curious and/or concerned about the nature of Post Release?
Leave it to you to totally misunderstand my written word.

I don't give a shit if folks are curious. Good for them.

Now, since MY point is lost on some, I'll repeat it.

Grow up.

This place is trying to make money (1) because it is owned by a corporation, and (2) I hope it continues to make money because I enjoy posting here.

It's a simple quid pro quo, they get to mine the posts here, generate ad data, generate spam, etc. and they get paid for that information. Sure, it comes from us, but I get to post here for free and, as I said, I enjoy posting here - for free.

But, the bigger questions are (1) why are posters who rarely post here, all of a sudden showing up and attempting to get USMB members hysterical about Post Release and, (2) why are posters who are regularly here assisting them?

And, YOU are a part of that attempt to generate discontent with USMB as well.

The expectation that any site will NOT use the information you post is an immature, unreasonable, and irrational expectation, unless a site is totally private. And, I have zero interest in such sites.

I've known from day one here that I expose myself to potential spam every time I post. I know that I expose myself to potential spam pretty much anytime I do any sort of transaction or post on the net.

Thus, I say grow up to anyone who is attempting to generate discontent with USMB based on their attempt to generate income for themselves. And, good old Post Release is nothing compared to what facebook and Google get from persons' use.

Last edited:

I'm not concerned about people being interested in post release.

I just find it interesting that anyone would think what they do on line in a free public forum is private.... or that a sites like this does not allow information gathering.

What do you think a google spider is?

I tell you what i am curious about. The focused interest and trying to manipulate interest in post release by certain parties.
To the bolded, VERY curious.

I was just looking for a good political board when I ran across USMB. They have a few rules and want something back for using their space. Seems like its still better than most of the other places. Little good is going to come from obessing about mods, board policy or an individual poster. Make friends, enjoy a discussion or thrash a politcal opponent already.

Lilbug is not hysterical. You're the one who looks most wound up here. Take your own advice and get a grip.

Lilbug is not hysterical. You're the one who looks most wound up here. Take your own advice and get a grip.

No, i don't think lilbug is hysterical...i think she has agenda....

Maybe she isn't hysterical, but her 'concern' is a joke and her agenda is clear.

And YOU are a part of that agenda.

We both know that to be true, as well.

"Hysterical" and "agenda" Gee...paranoid much?!

The OP asked a legimate question. I answered it with honesty. Not sure exactly what it is about honesty that scares folks so much around here.

I haven't post here in months due in part to the attacking and insulting that is allowed and encouraged to go on here by the some of the members, mods and their mouthpieces bucking for mod position, and I see that hasn't changed much. Folks who do remember me posting here know I did so with honesty and integrity, never attacked and insulted anyone in an effort to make a point, was never in trouble with the mods, always had a kind word for folks who needed one, but I always spoke up against what I felt was just plain wrong and unfair, if not outright unscrupulous, but soon learned that isn't much appreciated around here.

I answered the OPs question. That's it. Not sure why folks are getting their panties in a wad over that...unless of course it's their own agenda they're protecting. Believe it or don't, I don't much care.

un

The OP asked a legimate question. I answered it with honesty. Not sure exactly what it is about honesty that scares folks so much around here.

I haven't post here in months due in part to the attacking and insulting that is allowed and encouraged to go on here by the some of the members, mods and their mouthpieces bucking for mod position, and I see that hasn't changed much. Folks who do remember me posting here know I did so with honesty and integrity, never attacked and insulted anyone in an effort to make a point, was never in trouble with the mods, always had a kind word for folks who needed one, but I always spoke up against what I felt was just plain wrong and unfair, if not outright unscrupulous, but soon learned that isn't much appreciated around here.

I answered the OPs question. That's it. Not sure why folks are getting their panties in a wad over that...unless of course it's their own agenda they're protecting. Believe it or don't, I don't much care.
I'm sorry you feel so picked on when you come here.

As you bring up "honesty and integrity", here are some ideas for thread topics:

1. Discuss the honesty and integrity of a person who IS entrusted with contact information of a posting community. Then that person not only steals that information, not only uses that stolen information for personal gain, but violates hundreds of posters' privacy by sending them unsolicited emails to recruit them to a website.

My only comment on that is that is one seriously dishonest person who would do such a thing. That person also lacks even an ounce of integrity.

2. Discuss the honesty of a person who uses his website to spy on the personal computers and files of persons who visit that website.

3. Discuss the integrity of such a person.

4. And finally, discuss the hypocrisy of the above described person when they criticize another site for being unethical when they use software for directed advertisement purposes.

These sound like wonderful thread topics. ;)

Last edited:
un

1. Discuss the honesty and integrity of a person who IS entrusted with contact information of a posting community. Then that person not only steals that information, not only uses that stolen information for personal gain, but violates hundreds of posters' privacy by sending them unsolicited emails to recruit them to a website.

My only comment on that is that is one seriously dishonest person who would do such a thing. That person also lacks even an ounce of integrity.

2. Discuss the honesty of a person who uses his website to spy on the personal computers and files of persons who visit that website.

4. And finally, discuss the hypocrisy of the above described person when they criticize another site for being unethical when they use software for directed advertisement purposes.

Holy shit! :scared1:

un

I never felt picked on here at all. I could hold my own, but often spoke up for those who were by folks like you and your kind. You are a bully with a chip on your shoulder. You are purposely misleading folks here, but that's typical. I am speaking with regards to my own integrity, not anyone else's. Since you seem to know so much about these topics, why don't speak to them and while you're at it, prove it, like I did with my answer. You're attempt to discredit me is an epic fail. All folks have to do is check it out on their own, and you're own ranting here speaks volumes.

un

I never felt picked on here at all. I could hold my own, but often spoke up for those who were by folks like you and your kind. You are a bully with a chip on your shoulder. You are purposely misleading folks here, but that's typical. I am speaking with regards to my own integrity, not anyone else's. Since you seem to know so much about these topics, why don't speak to them and while you're at it, prove it, like I did with my answer. You're attempt to discredit me is an epic fail. All folks have to do is check it out on their own, and you're own ranting here speaks volumes.
Nothing misleading about it, lilbug.

All you need to do is review information posted within the last 24 hours.

Proposed topic #5. Discuss the hypocrisy of one who participates in a full-blown and concerted campaign of deception, untruths, hysterics, accusations, etc., yet accuses another of "misleading" when they post information that YOU know is true as it was just posted within the last 24 hours.

But, then again, lemmings do as they are manipulated into doing. ;)

I did not say you did not answer the op question without honesty. I do however think you were manipulated into answering the op......considering your long absence.

un

Holy shit! :scared1:
Yes, holy shit.

As we can see, the OP feels violated because some bot or script spammed her. I can understand that.

Imagine how violated one must feel when a it's an actual person who emailed them for personal gain, and the person was entrusted with that email address, among so many others' adderesses.

This thread just seems to get more confusing to me as it goes.

At first I took it as a call to be vigilant about spamming, but now I don't know.

Everyone seems to be exercising their first amendment rights, yet issues remains for some.

That work for you?

No, i don't think lilbug is hysterical...i think she has agenda....

That appears to be an accurate statement. I suspect that lilbug isn't the only one.

Forum List

Back