First AIDS VACCINE Discovered

The Bulk of the First World Cases were Entirely Preventable...

But let's not Discuss Personal Responsibility, let's just Find a Cure for a Disease that is Primarily Spread through the Sexual Selfishness of People in the First World, and of course the Often Barbaric and Animalistic Behaviour of the Third World.

:clap2:

Here, here!

:)

peace...

OK, you're really going to speak AGAINST finding a cure for AIDS to satisfy your priggish desire to stop people from having sex? Seriously?

I guess you're a virgin then? I guess that would explain the "Malcontent" thing.

Last edited:
OK, you're really going to speak AGAINST finding a cure for AIDS to satisfy your priggish desire to stop people from having sex? Seriously?

I guess you're a virgin then? I guess that would explain the "Malcontent" thing.

How in Fuck's Sake could you Conclude that from my Observation that the VAST Majority of HIV Cases in the First World were Entirely Preventable?...

I said Nothing of People NOT Having Sex.

Calm Down, and Read it again as many Times at it Takes.

peace...

How in Fuck's Sake could you Conclude that from my Observation that the VAST Majority of HIV Cases in the First World were Entirely Preventable?...

peace...

Because of this sarcastic line:

let's just Find a Cure for a Disease that is Primarily Spread through the Sexual Selfishness of People in the First World

Indicating that you would rather have people curb their sexual habits, rather than find a cure.

peace...

Because of this sarcastic line:

let's just Find a Cure for a Disease that is Primarily Spread through the Sexual Selfishness of People in the First World

Indicating that you would rather have people curb their sexual habits, rather than find a cure.

Not Sarcasm, and don't Assume my Intent.

peace...

Well, sure, it's only 33% effective, as I said. It's certainly a long way from production.

But do you see what this means? This is the first "vaccine" type item that has had ANY effect on the AIDS virus. It's a giant breakthrough.

There's a light at the end of the tunnel. Finally.

It's a damn fine day indeed in the medical world. The first time in history a retrovirus of this type has had an effective vaccine engineered for it....albeit 31% effective. What one has to understand though is this. A retro virus adapts and mutates so fast that by the time an efficable vaccine is made available the virus has already mutated into another form that the vaccine may not be effective against. For example...the strain of HIV in the USA is different than the one in Southeast Asia. The vaccine may work there but not here.

Viruses have been on the planet much longer than any complex life form. Finding a vaccine thats effective against this virus and the many others that cause devastation in the human race will not be easy......but at least this is a start. I say it will be at least another 10 years before they have an effective vaccine or cure. There is still so much to learn about genetics and how viruses incorporate their genes into the host cells DNA. At least 8% of every single human beings genome...on this planet....is made up of retrovirus junk DNA. Without it we would not exist. It's the price we pay for living on this planet as a complex life form.

the main thing most are missing here

it has a 31% effective rate
that means that 69% still got AIDS
dont know about you, but i dont like those odds

How do they determine that it keeps 1/3 people from getting aids short of exposing everyone to the virus and seeing the results?

This really isnt a diseased id want a vaccine for, considering a vaccine will include a small amount of the AIDs virus in it. It's just the nature of the disease that makes me want to stay as far away from it as humanly possible.

What's sad about this is this has got to be the most aviodable disease in the history of the universe. If you live the correct lifestyle you have a .00000000000001% chance of ever getting the disease.

Get the vaccine if you want, id rather just avoid it altogether.

This is an excellent question and bears an opinion from a resident of Thailand. I have lived in that country for nearly 10 years and have seen the sex trade in Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket. The sex workers are required to have monthly medical exams in order for them to work in the clubs, massage parlors and beer bars. By examining the workers monthly the medical community in Thailand was able to determine the infection rate as an average number of people over a period of time. When they came up with these vaccines they gave 50% of the workers a placebo and the infection rate remained the same. In the group who received the test vaccine there was a 31% reduction in the infection rate thus the claim for this case study. So regardless of whether they got the real vaccine or not the nature of their job exposed them to the risk of infection. They got no compensation for taking this vaccine and may have not even have been told what they were getting. I've done some volunteer work at Wat Phra Bat Nam Phu and I cannot last more than 5 minutes before I start crying so I don't know how much help I've been but the patients enjoyed me and my family's company.

An avoidable disease? Yes...perhaps but there is always a chance that one could catch it from any number of sources including an infected blood supply during surgery........it's not always about sex.....and your "lifestyle" hasn't got shit to do with anything. You can reduce your risk but you will never be completely protected from any virus by living a certain type of life style.

Last edited:
i dont think the vaccine is for the us....i think its meant more for africa and poorer nations where safe sex doesnt exist and people still believe that having sex with a virgin kills aids...resulting in the raping of infants. the aids rate in africa

The HIV/AIDS epidemics spreading through the countries of Sub-Saharan Africa are highly varied. Although it is not correct to speak of a single African epidemic, Africa is without doubt the region most affected by the virus. Inhabited by just over 12% of the world's population, Africa is estimated to have more than 60% of the AIDS-infected population. Much of the deadliness of the epidemic in Sub-Saharan Africa has to do with a deadly synergy between HIV and tuberculosis.[1], though this synergy is by no means limited to Africa. In fact, tuberculosis is the world's greatest infectious killer of women of reproductive age and the leading cause of death among people with HIV/AIDS.[2]

HIV/AIDS in Africa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TB is caused by a bacteria. When bacteria invade the body the lymph nodes go into high gear producing white blood cells to fight off the infection. HIV attacks the white blood cells and turns them into HIV virus factories. Since the body doesn't "see" any white blood cells attacking the TB bacteria it sends more signals to the lymph nodes to make more white blood cells thus perpetuating the cycle. This may be what causes the speeding up of the death of the victim.

i dont think the vaccine is for the us....i think its meant more for africa and poorer nations where safe sex doesnt exist and people still believe that having sex with a virgin kills aids...resulting in the raping of infants. the aids rate in africa

The HIV/AIDS epidemics spreading through the countries of Sub-Saharan Africa are highly varied. Although it is not correct to speak of a single African epidemic, Africa is without doubt the region most affected by the virus. Inhabited by just over 12% of the world's population, Africa is estimated to have more than 60% of the AIDS-infected population. Much of the deadliness of the epidemic in Sub-Saharan Africa has to do with a deadly synergy between HIV and tuberculosis.[1], though this synergy is by no means limited to Africa. In fact, tuberculosis is the world's greatest infectious killer of women of reproductive age and the leading cause of death among people with HIV/AIDS.[2]

HIV/AIDS in Africa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
bones, "safe sex" is a myth
is it "safer" with a condom, i'm sure, but it still has the same risks of failure against disease as it does against pregnancy

In fact more given that Sperm are larger than most viruses.
also given the fact that not all women would conceive even without a condom in use, the failure rate of a condom against a virus would be a lot higher

Forum List

Back