First African-American President

First Black President of the US?

• Total voters
A

armstrong80

Who do you think the first African American President will be?

armstrong80 said:
Who do you think the first African American President will be?

Not sure but: JC Watts; Condoleza Rice; and early to say, but possible, Barak Obama. Certainly possible someone we haven't even heard of. Colin Powell could have, but most certainly doesn't want it-for his own reasons.

I don't think there will be one in the near future...so perhaps the names of the one we will get aren't familiar to me so I can't vote for any of the people named in the poll.

I don't think Condoleeza, regardless of her fitness for the job, will ever be elected nor do I think that JC Watts will be.

I believe American society must move past prejudices of the past before we will we elect someone/anyone based soley on who he/she is and what he/she stands for and not have his/her race be the issue.

I voted for Colin Powell because I think he would definitely have the best chance. Sharpton,and Jackson wouldn't havea chance and the Obama is just becoming more well known. I like J.C. Watts too,but Colin is much more popular.

I wouldn't mind seeing Condy Rice either. She is one of the only women I have seen that I think is tough enough to do it.

JC Watts or Condi will be the first. Powell is too "white" to attrack a lot of the black vote and the others are just too whacky to attract just about ANYBODY's vote.

I voted for Alan Keyes. He's the most well spoken of the bunch, and I agree with just about everything he says.

But that doesn't change the fact that I don't think there'll be a black President in America for long, long time to come. Like another hundred years or so.... if ever.

I think this coutry has a better chance of seeing a hispanic President before a black.

When I voted,I voted for who I though was likely to win if they were running. When it comes to who I would actually vote for,I would say Alan Keyes,because I know he is pretty firm on his pro life stanse and I also agree with pretty much everything he says. Then again,I do like J.C. Watts too?LOL

It's gonna be Obama.

I hate to say it, but he will take trhe nomination in 2008. Provided that Bush will win. The speech at the DNC, was his springboard for the national scene.

armstrong80 said:
It's gonna be Obama.

I hate to say it, but he will take trhe nomination in 2008. Provided that Bush will win. The speech at the DNC, was his springboard for the national scene.

Being a good speaker is not enough. Just ask John Edwards. He is a good speaker, has lots of money and is white, but due to his inexperience (only one term as Senator) he couldn't get the nomination. Obama first has to win the Senate seat in Illinois, then he has to build a record.

Looking toward 08 I have to hope Condi would run.

Just think she'll sweep the minorities and womens' vote, no one can touch that!
Then after 16yrs of conservatives (8 Bush, 8 Condi) in the BIG HOUSE maybe we can get this
Country back on track. We'll see.

Mr. P said:
Looking toward 08 I have to hope Condi would run.

Just think she'll sweep the minorities and womens' vote, no one can touch that!
Then after 16yrs of conservatives (8 Bush, 8 Condi) in the BIG HOUSE maybe we can get this
Country back on track. We'll see.

I'm not entirely sure where Condi Rice stands on a lot of things, but if Hillary runs in 2008, then Condi Rice is the one to stop her.

It saddens me to say this but the country will not in the forseeable future be electing a Black or any other minority president. We are in no way racially mature enough to do it, when it comes right down to it alot of whites will vote against just because of race, its just a fact here in America.

I disagree. Politics are politics. If a black candidate can put themselves out as a viable candidate, and foreign affairs do not get in the way, (won't happen with a Condi or Colin), they can win!

freeandfun1 said:
Being a good speaker is not enough. Just ask John Edwards. He is a good speaker, has lots of money and is white, but due to his inexperience (only one term as Senator) he couldn't get the nomination. Obama first has to win the Senate seat in Illinois, then he has to build a record.

He will win the senate seat. The Illinois GOP's handling of Jack Ryan has pretty much handed it to him. His record will build as the most liberal ever and the Democrats will embrace him for it. If he doesn't take the nomination in 2008, it will be 2012.

Tell Bill Clinton that being a good speaker isn't enough. He drove Arkansas into the ground, but still came out of nowhere to captivate a nation with his charisma.

Forum List

Back