firefox

i just downloaded it, very nice. where are the tabs?

The default settings don't show the tab "bar" if you only have one open. You can change that in preferences if you want, to make it easier, then you can right-click the tab bar for even more options.

Firefox has the best session restore function that I've encountered, though it's not always reliable. Firefox restores text that's been entered, while IE (in which you have to specifically add the function, incidentally), Safari, and Opera all simply restore the previous session while not doing the same for text, which has caused me to lose forum posts before. I'll still generally stick with Safari because I like its visual format.

Firefox has the best session restore function that I've encountered, though it's not always reliable
Have you tried Session Manager or another addon to do the job?

. Firefox restores text that's been entered

Check out Lazarus

I'll still generally stick with Safari because I like its visual format.

None of these work for you? You can put in a request. I have FF w/ an opera-style progress bar in the URL bar, a few extra buttons...

Try seeing if any of these look good to your eye, of you want the Safari look and feel

properly tweaked, pimped, and primped, FF is faster, more secure, and more user-friendly than anything else I've seen on the market. Of course, using the nightlies can backfire when your addons aren't updated yet :(

properly tweaked, pimped, and primped, FF is faster, more secure, and more user-friendly than anything else I've seen on the market. Of course, using the nightlies can backfire when your addons aren't updated yet :(

Oooh ... I don't do "nightlies" of anything. SVUs (sub version updates) are more trouble than they are worth. But then on Linux you get the security updates in Synaptic instead of having to reinstall every time they need one.

I tried Linux, but not a single distro could successfully install itself- the damned bootloaders never worked (dual-boot)

If you're doing a dual boot, I recommend Ubuntu, it's pretty much automated. Puppy is the easiest to install but not as user friendly. Ubuntu is getting a major update soon, which they promise will be easier for the more common user.

Forum List

Back