Firefox users -- TV-Fox?

I have no problems but then again this is not a Windows machine.

I'm thinking that the 3 channels I picked that didn't work are no longer part of the stream, and the channel list hasn't been updated. Since I did find one that worked, even if it sucked too, it doesn't seem to be a software issue. Just a "no longer there" issue.

If you look at the add on rating and reviews lots of people have issues with this add on.

It also comes across as very windows 95ish...

Anyone else have this great Firefox add-on?

It turns your computer into a worldwide TV set, with hundreds of channels from all over the planet. It's installed as a toolbar in your FF browser, but unlike most toolbars this one is very secure and loads NO type of spyware or adware.

Sports, movies, news, weather, cartoons, sci-fi, you name it this has it. It even has live streaming webcams from all over the world.

It's really a nice toy, I've had it about a year now and it always works great, is miserly on your resources and is just awesome.

Go Tools>Addons to get this one.

Seems that most Republicans on this board don't know how to use "google". They almost never post a link.

Why would they bother connecting to hundreds of news stations from around the world. It would only show them how disconnected they are from the rest of the world and reality. Seems it would be as distressing for them as it is looking at fossils, DNA and other proof of evolution.

Yah know, sometimes your stupid shit just gets old. Go take a flying leap at a rolling donut, over a cliff. Fuckin' putz.

It turns your computer into a worldwide TV set, with hundreds of channels from all over the planet. It's installed as a toolbar in your FF browser, but unlike most toolbars this one is very secure and loads NO type of spyware or adware.

Sports, movies, news, weather, cartoons, sci-fi, you name it this has it. It even has live streaming webcams from all over the world.

It's really a nice toy, I've had it about a year now and it always works great, is miserly on your resources and is just awesome.

Seems that most Republicans on this board don't know how to use "google". They almost never post a link.

Why would they bother connecting to hundreds of news stations from around the world. It would only show them how disconnected they are from the rest of the world and reality. Seems it would be as distressing for them as it is looking at fossils, DNA and other proof of evolution.

Yah know, sometimes your stupid shit just gets old. Go take a flying leap at a rolling donut, over a cliff. Fuckin' putz.

Believe me, both Republican wars get tiring. The "War on the Middle Class" and the "War on Science". I hate them both.

I'm not a republican, you fucking stupid clod. I voted FOR President Obama. Everyone on USMB with a brain cell and even a modicum of memory knows this. You maintain your partisan hack blinders so hard that you don't even know who the players are, and you don't even fucking pay attention to anything posted by others.

It's one reason you remain an uninformed, ignorant dolt.

Ha. It's not yet compatible with FF4. I got the beta version of FF4 a few months ago, many of the add-ons aren't compatible yet.

Right now I'm on FF4 beta 8.

I'm not using FF4 on this machine and I haven't tried to add it on the one FF4 is loaded on. BTW, how do you like FF4? I'm not all that impressed.
FF4 is faster and more secure. It's also better at handling various plug-ins scripted into websites, it has what they call a "plug-in container" program that handles these separate from the browser program.

I've found that FF4 is much more resource-friendly as a result.

So was I. I just reinstalled the old version to test this out, but the majority of channels don't come up. The one that is labeled "Fox News" does, but all it is is a repeating loop of commercials with a weather crawl and sidebar. And it's not even fox news. It's a local Fox station.

Overall, meh. I'm going back to FF beta.

I'm thinking that the 3 channels I picked that didn't work are no longer part of the stream, and the channel list hasn't been updated. Since I did find one that worked, even if it sucked too, it doesn't seem to be a software issue. Just a "no longer there" issue.
Back in 2009 when I started this thread, TV-Fox was working stupendously. Now, I have no idea at all if it works or not.

Ha. It's not yet compatible with FF4. I got the beta version of FF4 a few months ago, many of the add-ons aren't compatible yet.

Right now I'm on FF4 beta 8.

I'm not using FF4 on this machine and I haven't tried to add it on the one FF4 is loaded on. BTW, how do you like FF4? I'm not all that impressed.
FF4 is faster and more secure. It's also better at handling various plug-ins scripted into websites, it has what they call a "plug-in container" program that handles these separate from the browser program.

Yeah, I know it's better, I just don't like the way it looks. :lol:

Looks are completely customizable, just like FF always was.

Back in 2009 when I started this thread, TV-Fox was working stupendously. Now, I have no idea at all if it works or not.

Yeah, I saw the date of when you started it and took that into account. But also, I didn't see an alternative add-on for TV channels, so it's kinda strange that this one wasn't updated regularly and improved.

Yeah, I saw the date of when you started it and took that into account. But also, I didn't see an alternative add-on for TV channels, so it's kinda strange that this one wasn't updated regularly and improved.
My theory is, the developers might be waiting for the FF4 version to come out of Beta. I don't know, but I do know I haven't missed this add-on at all and likely won't reinstall it when FF4 is out of Beta.

Things change, times change.

Looks are completely customizable, just like FF always was.

Not in a humorous mood this morning? Have some more coffee.

My theory is, the developers might be waiting for the FF4 version to come out of Beta. I don't know, but I do know I haven't missed this add-on at all and likely won't reinstall it when FF4 is out of Beta.

*shrug*

We're talking about dumping our satellite television and going strictly netflix and web, so an add-on like this that worked well would be nice.

*shrug*

We're talking about dumping our satellite television and going strictly netflix and web, so an add-on like this that worked well would be nice.

The only reason I haven't switched to internet TV is the lack of local channels, specifically local news programs.

*shrug*

I enjoyed it when it worked. The worldwide webcams were fascinating, and Al-Jazerra was always fun to watch.

*shrug*

The only reason I haven't switched to internet TV is the lack of local channels, specifically local news programs.

We don't watch much local stuff.

Is there an addon or website or something that works like a master channel list or something? Never really looked for one.

*shrug*

We don't watch much local stuff.

Is there an addon or website or something that works like a master channel list or something? Never really looked for one.

All the local we watch is the local news, weather, traffic then we switch to international news networks, as for being on a master channel list, no.

Forum List

Back