Firefox users -- TV-Fox?

Feb 28, 2009
Anyone else have this great Firefox add-on?

It turns your computer into a worldwide TV set, with hundreds of channels from all over the planet. It's installed as a toolbar in your FF browser, but unlike most toolbars this one is very secure and loads NO type of spyware or adware.

Sports, movies, news, weather, cartoons, sci-fi, you name it this has it. It even has live streaming webcams from all over the world.

It's really a nice toy, I've had it about a year now and it always works great, is miserly on your resources and is just awesome.

Go Tools>Addons to get this one.

It turns your computer into a worldwide TV set, with hundreds of channels from all over the planet. It's installed as a toolbar in your FF browser, but unlike most toolbars this one is very secure and loads NO type of spyware or adware.

Sports, movies, news, weather, cartoons, sci-fi, you name it this has it. It even has live streaming webcams from all over the world.

It's really a nice toy, I've had it about a year now and it always works great, is miserly on your resources and is just awesome.

I've seen it in the add ons and been debating trying it out. I will now that my new system can handle it easily.
Thanks.

Well, I loaded the tool bar and the only thing that does not work is the TVSET, (LabPixiesTV)
all the others work fine watching programming from Paris, the UK etc and all the HULU shows etc and their sound and resolution is excellent.
I give 4 stars..........so far

Well I played with FoxTV for a while now and the TV isn't working at all now, go figure :wtf: over? May delete this b4 the day is out :lol:

I never got it to work right either ... guess only some systems can run it. Not every programmer will keep that in mind.

I never got it to work right either ... guess only some systems can run it. Not every programmer will keep that in mind.

Well, for some reason I can't get it to work now at all. Got the Firefox add-on, I have the latest Flash Player performed what the troubleshooting suggests and still nada. I am missing something and it is probably in front of my nose. I'll play with it later since this has challenged me and is tickin me off...:lol: But that's the 'fun' of playin with the computers..yeah right.

Well, for some reason I can't get it to work now at all. Got the Firefox add-on, I have the latest Flash Player performed what the troubleshooting suggests and still nada. I am missing something and it is probably in front of my nose. I'll play with it later since this has challenged me and is tickin me off...:lol: But that's the 'fun' of playin with the computers..yeah right.

I just gave up, not important enough for me to bother with really. I get all my TV from Hulu when I want on demand.

Sounds great!But it seems that it has to do some improvement on compatibility,anyway I will have a try to see how powerful this "tv set" toolbar it is.

If you are using Windows you need to install Windows Media Player to make it work, for Linux you need the restricted codecs found at Ubuntu support. For Mac users you need the Windows Media player for Mac.

Ha. It's not yet compatible with FF4. I got the beta version of FF4 a few months ago, many of the add-ons aren't compatible yet.

Right now I'm on FF4 beta 8.

Ha. It's not yet compatible with FF4. I got the beta version of FF4 a few months ago, many of the add-ons aren't compatible yet.

I'm not using FF4 on this machine and I haven't tried to add it on the one FF4 is loaded on. BTW, how do you like FF4? I'm not all that impressed.

So was I. I just reinstalled the old version to test this out, but the majority of channels don't come up. The one that is labeled "Fox News" does, but all it is is a repeating loop of commercials with a weather crawl and sidebar. And it's not even fox news. It's a local Fox station.

Overall, meh. I'm going back to FF beta.

So was I. I just reinstalled the old version to test this out, but the majority of channels don't come up. The one that is labeled "Fox News" does, but all it is is a repeating loop of commercials with a weather crawl and sidebar. And it's not even fox news. It's a local Fox station.

I have no problems but then again this is not a Windows machine.

I'm thinking that the 3 channels I picked that didn't work are no longer part of the stream, and the channel list hasn't been updated. Since I did find one that worked, even if it sucked too, it doesn't seem to be a software issue. Just a "no longer there" issue.

I'm thinking that the 3 channels I picked that didn't work are no longer part of the stream, and the channel list hasn't been updated. Since I did find one that worked, even if it sucked too, it doesn't seem to be a software issue. Just a "no longer there" issue.

If you look at the add on rating and reviews lots of people have issues with this add on.

Seems that most Republicans on this board don't know how to use "google". They almost never post a link.

Why would they bother connecting to hundreds of news stations from around the world. It would only show them how disconnected they are from the rest of the world and reality. Seems it would be as distressing for them as it is looking at fossils, DNA and other proof of evolution.

Seems that most Republicans on this board don't know how to use "google". They almost never post a link.

Why would they bother connecting to hundreds of news stations from around the world. It would only show them how disconnected they are from the rest of the world and reality. Seems it would be as distressing for them as it is looking at fossils, DNA and other proof of evolution.

You fucking moron. You have to have firefox first. And Firefox users know how to to the Tools>Addons thing. A link wouldn't do shit, and the instructions were clear enough to those who use FF.

Idiot.

Forum List

Back