FireFox Question/Help

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
So I have an add-on in FF called 'AnyColor' that allows you to change the background and text color of drop down menus. FF stopped supporting this add-on awhile ago but I found a fixed version that works w/FF 8.0.1.

The hubs has a separate acct. for his iTunes library and while updating his ipod over the weekend, FF upgraded to 9.0.1 . . because he never changed the settings for updates. The FF upgrade disabled the AnyColor add-on. :mad:

After trying different fixes I gave up and downgraded FF to 8.0.1 (and yes, I changed all the update settings. :rolleyes:)

AnyColor now works again . . except. When I bookmark something, I click on 'bookmarks' and then 'bookmark this page' and the popup window that shows up? It's a white background (which is fine) BUT the letter is now white instead of black and I can't read what it says!

Does anyone know how to change the color of text in that pop up window back to black? Point me in the right direction? Halp!!

Ringel05 . . .you're computer savvy . . any ideas?

Last edited:
Firefox throws in the towel on 64-bit browser...
:eusa_eh:
Mozilla quietly ceases Firefox 64-bit development
November 22, 2012 - Mozilla's engineering manager has requested that developers stop work on Windows 64-bit builds of Firefox.
Mozilla engineering manager Benjamin Smedberg has asked developers to stop nightly builds for Firefox versions optimized to run on 64-bit versions of Windows. A developer thread posted on the Google Groups mozilla.dev.planning discussion board, titled "Turning off win64 builds" by Smedberg proposed the move.

Claiming that 64-bit Firefox is a "constant source of misunderstanding and frustration," the engineer wrote that the builds often crash, many plugins are not available in 64-bit versions, and hangs are more common due to a lack of coding which causes plugins to function incorrectly. In addition, Smedberg argues that this causes users to feel "second class," and crash reports between 32-bit and 64-bit versions are difficult to distinguish between for the stability team. Users can still run 32-bit Firefox on 64-bit Windows.

Although originally willing to shelve the idea for a time if it proved controversial, Smedberg later, well, shelved that idea: Thank you to everyone who participated in this thread. Given the existing information, I have decided to proceed with disabling windows 64-bit nightly and hourly builds. Please let us consider this discussion closed unless there is critical new information which needs to be presented.

The engineer then posted a thread titled "Disable windows 64 builds" on Bugzilla, asking developers to "stop building windows [sic] 64 builds and tests." These include the order to stop building Windows 64-bit nightly builds and repatriate existing Windows 64-bit nightly users onto Windows 32-bit builds using a custom update. In order to stave off argument, even though one participant suggested that 50 percent of nightly testers were using the system, perhaps as an official 64-bit version of Firefox for Windows has never been released, Smedberg said it was "not the place to argue about this decision, which has already been made."

Mozilla quietly ceases Firefox 64-bit development | Internet & Media - CNET News

So I have an add-on in FF called 'AnyColor' that allows you to change the background and text color of drop down menus. FF stopped supporting this add-on awhile ago but I found a fixed version that works w/FF 8.0.1.

The hubs has a separate acct. for his iTunes library and while updating his ipod over the weekend, FF upgraded to 9.0.1 . . because he never changed the settings for updates. The FF upgrade disabled the AnyColor add-on. :mad:

After trying different fixes I gave up and downgraded FF to 8.0.1 (and yes, I changed all the update settings. :rolleyes:)

AnyColor now works again . . except. When I bookmark something, I click on 'bookmarks' and then 'bookmark this page' and the popup window that shows up? It's a white background (which is fine) BUT the letter is now white instead of black and I can't read what it says!

Does anyone know how to change the color of text in that pop up window back to black? Point me in the right direction? Halp!!

I don't know if you are still looking, but there is an add on called Colorlicious that does pretty much the same thing, and it works with the latest Firefox updates.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/colorlicious/

I don't know if you are still looking, but there is an add on called Colorlicious that does pretty much the same thing, and it works with the latest Firefox updates.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/colorlicious/

Hey, thanks for this QW! I'm still running FF 8.0.1 so I can use the anycolor addon but am going to grab my daughters laptop and install it on there. If it does what I need I'll update FF ... I don't even know what version is out now probably 12 something. lol Thanks again!

The new release of Firefox 22.0 apparently is set to 800x600 resolution...

... it doesn't match the resolution set within Windows...

... how do I set it to 1024x768...

... so I don't have to do all the left to right scrolling?
:confused:

The new release of Firefox 22.0 apparently is set to 800x600 resolution...

... it doesn't match the resolution set within Windows...

... how do I set it to 1024x768...

... so I don't have to do all the left to right scrolling?
:confused:

Resize the window, resolution is controlled by the computer, not the browser.

Yeah, I finally figured out that the text in the drop down menus pulls its color from the anycolor text color I have set. When I originally wrote this post I had white text, which of course showed up on the white background of the drop down menu, thus causing my 'white on white' problem. I have since changed my FF 'skin' and text color and in the process inadvertently discovered the cause of and solution to my problem!

Yeah, I finally figured out that the text in the drop down menus pulls its color from the anycolor text color I have set. When I originally wrote this post I had white text, which of course showed up on the white background of the drop down menu, thus causing my 'white on white' problem. I have since changed my FF 'skin' and text color and in the process inadvertently discovered the cause of and solution to my problem!

Gee, imagine that.

Forum List

Back