Firefox Persona Add-on Problem -- halp?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Zoom-boing, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,124
    I can no longer change personas in FF. I could two weeks ago. I haven't browsed personas since then but I tried to change mine yesterday and it doesn't work. I can't rollover it, can't change it, can't disable it. I'm stuck with what I put on two weeks ago. This problem is happening on the laptop (Vista, FF 3.6.17) and the desktop (Windows 7, FF 3.6.17) ... with the exception of one user account on the desktop. My daughter's laptop (also a Vista, FF 3.6.17) hasn't been affected. The hubs says she has a different OS than we do. Ok, I don't exactly know what that means either. How can she have a different operating system if she has Vista and we have Vista? Blarg.

Windows did an update of about 15-20 updates a few days ago and I'm wondering could something in there be conflicting with the Personas add-on? Java and Adobe Flash are up to date, as are any other add-ons/extensions.

Any halp would be MUCH appreciated.

Yeah, yeah . . . it's just a stupid thing but I enjoy the personas on my 'puter. <sigh> You know how often I change my avi on here . . . I'd sure like to be able to change my persona again. Thx guys.

2. Trajan

Trajan conscientia mille testes

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,756
    I got a message that FF is no longer sptting 3.6 add ons...maybe, they did something to the software and wham bang...?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    Check your settings to make sure Personas is allowed to install addons.

Firefox Personas Mouseover Not Working? The Solution | TechnoGadge

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,124
    Ok, so after mulling it over I did the next logical thing . . . .disabled all the add-ons then added them back in one by one. Sure enough, AnyColor seems to have suddenly stopped letting Personas work. I've had both for several years and had both working fine on the laptop. I never could get AnyColor to work on the desktop but it was still enabled. I've disabled it and Personas is working as it should. So at least I can have my 'skin', even though I'm stuck with dull and boring gray drop-down menus. Bummer.

I've heard nothing but negative reviews about FF4 and will not be updating anytime soon.

Thanks for the replies guys. Appreciate it!! :)

Ewwww, now when I rep folks the message box that pops up is a white background w/black font. Blech how boring.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  5. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    Now I see what you want. I think there are alternatives to AnyColor, I will have to look around. One thing I can sugggest off the top of my head is using Userscripts. You can write them onto your CSS yourself, or install them using Stylish or Greasemonkey.

Userscripts.org: Power-ups for your browser

6. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,884
    New Firefox version...
    :confused:
    Firefox 5 goes live. But is it any better than Firefox 4?
    June 22, 2011 - Firefox 5 launched today, and it has received some flak from bloggers, who point out that Firefox 5 is only a minor hop ahead of Firefox 4.