FireFox Faster Than A Speeding Bullet

Tom Horn

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2015
NEARBY
Yesterday Firefox told me it was running too slow....IE never told me anything like that. In fact IE seemed to enjoy running slow and letting viruses in....and they'd get around to fixing that with patches once a month on "update Tuesday" and not before. So anyway, I did an extensions and settings cleanup they recommended and YOWZA :eek-52: the change is amazing. 52.2.0 (32bit) and my XP sp3 box is like a Ferrari this morning. I did a cleanup once before and lost my bookmarks temporarily (pucker-factor of 9) until I stumbled back onto them with a random click. I wonder if FF got the vibe I was about to ditch it and look around since they disabled Flash Player making me go to YouTube for Fox News videos. You'd think FF could find a workaround with Adobe or provide their own media player if they find Flash Player so offensive. :dunno:

• Banned
FF 52 should still allow the Flash Player. And you can save your bookmarks to a file in case of need.

Firefox built a protective wall around Flash that was a real resource hog....with the cleanout that is gone but the newest Flash 26 131 still won't play videos on several sites which is why I go to YouTube. The notice I got was that Flash's vulnerability was costing system crashes at FF so they've isolated it. I also have the newest Silverlight but there is no issue with it so far.

FF 52 should still allow the Flash Player. And you can save your bookmarks to a file in case of need.

Firefox built a protective wall around Flash that was a real resource hog....with the cleanout that is gone but the newest Flash 26 131 still won't play videos on several sites which is why I go to YouTube. The notice I got was that Flash's vulnerability was costing system crashes at FF so they've isolated it. I also have the newest Silverlight but there is no issue with it so far.
You can always try the latest beta versions:
Download Adobe Flash Player 26 Beta for Desktops - Adobe Labs

I do not use the Flash Player at all.

• Banned
I'm on Firefox 54.

I'm still using XP....fuck Gates, fuck Microsoft.
lol.gif

• Banned
I have W7 Home Premium on my laptop but I prefer using my desktop....Dell Dimension E521...bought it in 2008 and got it pretty well bucked out. The trick with Dells is to keep the dust cleaned out so the fan doesn't overheat....last time I checked there wasn't a single swollen capacitor or resistor...still looks brand new inside.

I have W7 Home Premium on my laptop but I prefer using my desktop....Dell Dimension E521...bought it in 2008 and got it pretty well bucked out. The trick with Dells is to keep the dust cleaned out so the fan doesn't overheat....last time I checked there wasn't a single swollen capacitor or resistor...still looks brand new inside.
Cut a clean out panel in the bottom of mine to clean out the dust. They last longer.

I dumped FF when they keep pushing a political agenda.
I saw FF push the Paris Accord, NAFTA and basically ALL the leftist agendas.

What? Noone ELSE saw all that BS? Really?

Right now I'm using SlimJet (until I find a good reason not to)
It's not as polished a FF but at least I don;t have to get all those political propaganda messages

I dumped FF when they keep pushing a political agenda.
I saw FF push the Paris Accord, NAFTA and basically ALL the leftist agendas.

What? Noone ELSE saw all that BS? Really?
Well Google is corrupt as hell. Opera was flakey for me and crashed a lot but it's been a few years since I tried.

To be honest, Firefox was my default browser on my MacPro and it worked great until about a week or so ago and then it started running like shit. At first I thought it was this site, running real slow, taking 5 seconds to respond. Then I realized it was something new with Firefox. It even crashed a few times. Never had a browser crash before. It's not a virus, I even restored Firefox back to default, checked Help and they have a whole section for troubleshooting fixes. Well, that is Firefox's problem to fix, ITMT, I am now using Safari again.

Forum List

Back