Firefly was the best television series of all time.

I am not so sure anymore....amc fx have had excellent series, breaking bad, the shield etc...its wide open now.

the first 2 season of Damages were very very good too.

Both AMC and FX have had some excellent series.

FX had Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me, and The Shield. Except the only one left is Rescue Me and it's ending in September.

AMC has Breaking Bad, Mad Men, The Walking Dead. I love The Walking Dead and haven't seen the other two yet.

Showtime has Dexter and a couple of other shows.

HBO has Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, Eastbound & Down, Entourage (though it's ending), and Curb Your Enthusiasm. Least thats what I know of what I have watched.

Previously they had The Pacific, John Adams, Big Love, Rome, Deadwood, Angels in America, Carnivàle, The Wire, Band of Brothers, Six Feet Under, The Sopranos, Oz, and Tales of the Crypt.

AMC is the one making the most strides right now. But as for now, HBO is King.

You have never seen Breaking bad? My friend, that is a fantastic show..

Top 5

1 - The Shield

Strong beginning, middle and end. Great writers and actors make for great characters. Great story, every character had an arc and landed right where they should have (though in constantly unexpected ways) weather it was a heroic or tragic end or something in between. Everything worked from the lowest sound and lighting and camera work right up to the top. (Possible bias factor: None)

2 - NFL Football

Would love to say "Monday Night Football" but ABC screwed the pooch when they sent the classic over to ESPN. Now it's a matter of just finding the best game on at the time. And any time you find a game, the NFL will crush everything else in it's time slot. (Possible bias factor: Sports nut)

3 - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

For a lot of the same reasons as above. Great writing, characters and good actors. Fun concept and it lived a full "life". Good character development and a satisfying ending. (Possible bias factor: BtVS was my ex-girlfriends favorite-est show ever and I watched it as much through her as for myself)

4 - Mystery Science Theater 3000

Brilliantly absurd. Perfect comic timing. A campy laugh riot. (Possible bias factor: I used to smoke a lot of wacky back then)

5 - M*A*S*H

A classic. Silly or serious, each episode had it's charms. Easy to like characters and good writing. A smash hit for a reason. That's why the show lasted four times longer than the war. (Possible bias factor: Grew up on the show)

Honorable mention:

- Sons of Anarchy
- The X-Files
- The West Wing
- ER (before it jumped the shark)
- Firefly (needed time to live and grow to break the top 10)
- the Star Trek universe (not just a show, a franchise)
- Battlestar Galactica (new)

The Prisoner for me. Then there was the Twilight Zone and Outer Limits. But heck Monty Python's Flying Circus and Fawltey Towers are right up there for me as well.

Chef was killer. Benny Hill and let us not forget one of my super faves Dave Allen.

Seriously. How on earth can one pick just one?

SCTV rocked. Give me Schmenges and a dedication to the Christmas Budgie any day. Long live Lutonia sp?

lol, I can't pick just one.
Be seeing you.
1308224278kO2S1f.jpg

no6_badge.gif

Top 5

1 - The Shield

Strong beginning, middle and end. Great writers and actors make for great characters. Great story, every character had an arc and landed right where they should have (though in constantly unexpected ways) weather it was a heroic or tragic end or something in between. Everything worked from the lowest sound and lighting and camera work right up to the top. (Possible bias factor: None)

2 - NFL Football

Would love to say "Monday Night Football" but ABC screwed the pooch when they sent the classic over to ESPN. Now it's a matter of just finding the best game on at the time. And any time you find a game, the NFL will crush everything else in it's time slot. (Possible bias factor: Sports nut)

3 - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

For a lot of the same reasons as above. Great writing, characters and good actors. Fun concept and it lived a full "life". Good character development and a satisfying ending. (Possible bias factor: BtVS was my ex-girlfriends favorite-est show ever and I watched it as much through her as for myself)

4 - Mystery Science Theater 3000

Brilliantly absurd. Perfect comic timing. A campy laugh riot. (Possible bias factor: I used to smoke a lot of wacky back then)

5 - M*A*S*H

A classic. Silly or serious, each episode had it's charms. Easy to like characters and good writing. A smash hit for a reason. That's why the show lasted four times longer than the war. (Possible bias factor: Grew up on the show)

Honorable mention:

- Sons of Anarchy
- The X-Files
- The West Wing
- ER (before it jumped the shark)
- Firefly (needed time to live and grow to break the top 10)
- the Star Trek universe (not just a show, a franchise)
- Battlestar Galactica (new)

Mystery Science Theater 3000

nelson was OK, but Joel rocked.;)

New Topics

Forum List

Back