Firefly was the best television series of all time.

The only conceivable valid criticism of Firefly is that it didn't include Felicia Day.

Beating out shows like Doctor Who, The Twilight Zone, and The Wire? Tough to see. Though I've always heard a massive amount of love for Firefly.

db_Arrival51.jpg

There is no discussion required. This is established fact.

Studies have shown.

I have never seen it. I don't watch tv. I was a radio/Tv/film major in the early '80's. After the burn out I never went back to that hideous bitch goddess.

Studies have shown.

I have never seen it. I don't watch tv. I was a radio/Tv/film major in the early '80's. After the burn out I never went back to that hideous bitch goddess.

I can only cheer for that. I dropped the TV habit back in the early nineties (Quantum Leap was the last thing I actually watched on broadcast TV) and can't really get near one these days. I like good serials, so I've caught Firefly, Lost, Breaking Bad (and plant to watch 'The Wire'), but strictly downloaded without commercials.

Maybe we should start a TV haters thread. It really is vile business - and for my money one of the more significant things wrong with our nation politically.

Last edited:

Studies have shown.

I can only cheer for that. I dropped the TV habit back in the early nineties and can't really get near one these days. I like good serials, so I've caught Firefly, Lost, Breaking Bad (and plant to watch 'The Wire'), but strictly downloaded without commercials.

Maybe we should start a TV haters thread. It really is vile business - and for my money one of the more significant things wrong with our nation politically.

the only thing worse than the tv shows is the pompass super egos of those involved, that includes radio also. Theater was not to bad. I enjoyed dating opera singers. But one thing that annoyed me was the mental instability of performers in general. My youngest son reminds me of myself, he wants to be a performer. He is good, but he needs skin like rhino to make it.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Maybe cheating, but:

"The Sopranos"

"Rome" might be a close second.

The Sopranos is certainly up there. HBO programming in general is above all others today.

I am not so sure anymore....amc fx have had excellent series, breaking bad, the shield etc...its wide open now.

the first 2 season of Damages were very very good too.

I am not so sure anymore....amc fx have had excellent series, breaking bad, the shield etc...its wide open now.

Both AMC and FX have had some excellent series.

FX had Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me, and The Shield. Except the only one left is Rescue Me and it's ending in September.

AMC has Breaking Bad, Mad Men, The Walking Dead. I love The Walking Dead and haven't seen the other two yet.

Showtime has Dexter and a couple of other shows.

HBO has Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, Eastbound & Down, Entourage (though it's ending), and Curb Your Enthusiasm. Least thats what I know of what I have watched.

Previously they had The Pacific, John Adams, Big Love, Rome, Deadwood, Angels in America, Carnivàle, The Wire, Band of Brothers, Six Feet Under, The Sopranos, Oz, and Tales of the Crypt.

AMC is the one making the most strides right now. But as for now, HBO is King.

Both AMC and FX have had some excellent series.

FX had Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me, and The Shield. Except the only one left is Rescue Me and it's ending in September.

AMC has Breaking Bad, Mad Men, The Walking Dead. I love The Walking Dead and haven't seen the other two yet.

Showtime has Dexter and a couple of other shows.

HBO has Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, Eastbound & Down, Entourage (though it's ending), and Curb Your Enthusiasm. Least thats what I know of what I have watched.

Previously they had The Pacific, John Adams, Big Love, Rome, Deadwood, Angels in America, Carnivàle, The Wire, Band of Brothers, Six Feet Under, The Sopranos, Oz, and Tales of the Crypt.

AMC is the one making the most strides right now. But as for now, HBO is King.

hey whatever floats your boat, many of those I didn't like, like Rome, which was historoidiocy....Curb is very good, Boardwalk...well, its not very accurate either, remember John from Cincinnati? they didn't even run the whole season it sucked so bad:lol: deadwood was good but annoying, Game of thrones, not for me..*shrugs*

yes I just re-watched carnivale, I hated that they killed it....

Studies have shown.

I have had a lot of people say that to me, and I always pick it up at the local video store, but can't quite bring myself to buy it.

That being said, always thought Freaks and Geeks was pretty good....

Forum List

Back