firefighters trying to save Co homes dont have health insurance

Did the Daily Kos bother to do any research at all on this "story" or did they just make the assumption that these firefighters don't have health insurance?

For instance, did they check on what percentage of them are covered on their spouse's health insurance? Or do they just assume that since the firefighters don't have insurance through their job that they're not covered at all?

This is just another stupid uninformed "story" trying to push a political agenda, nothing more.

Rick

Them firefighters might worry more about having death insurance rather than health insurance.

They get caught in one of them fire walls and it is crispy critter time. No health care needed.

Pray for rain in CO. (if you are into prayer for solutions). If not praying, how about a rain dance.

Its gonna be a long hot summer.

Here we go again with yet another Truthsmatters "bulletin board" fly by post with nothing but a link.
This is one rule I wish this forum had - that a person has to include at least a couple sentences of their own opinion with a link.

64830632.s28h57zV.Yawning.gif

go ahead, TM... let's hear how the GOP is at fault for this, and that it's why their party is dying :rofl:

Good one C man. LMAO

Of course its the Reps fault and you know god damned good and well that the party is DYING. Jeeze. Splatters is a fucking moron.

Many, many, many voluteers, some amazing stories of people helping others, we have quite a city. We evacuated Tuesday night, holy crap, our house is up against the mountains and that freakin' fire was coming down fast. We were outside talking with the neighbors when we saw the flames come over the top of the mountain. Yikes.

Waiting to find out about the house.

Nobody, even Kos, ever said "the Colorado Firefighters don't have health insurance". Nobody said it. Kos employees estimated that some Firefighters don't have insurance because they are temporary workers or volunteers. The story is so dishonest that it reeks of left wing political propaganda.

from the Washington Post link in the OP link...

But many federal firefighters are temporary employees, who only work six months out of the year (although as Lauer describes it, they can often work a full year’s worth of hours with the long shifts). Under federal regulations, temporary employees of the Forest Service do not receive benefits. That means no health care and no retirement pension.

You don't like the rules, change them.

God damn evil government not taking care of its employees

Something preventing them from buying health insurance? It is available you know. I pay about $210 per month. They could do the same...problem solved. Next.

$210 a month? Wow! Must have about an $8000 deductible. I wish you good health.

Them firefighters might worry more about having death insurance rather than health insurance.

They get caught in one of them fire walls and it is crispy critter time. No health care needed.

Pray for rain in CO. (if you are into prayer for solutions). If not praying, how about a rain dance.

Its gonna be a long hot summer.

A friend of mine recommended a naked rain dance. Not sure how nudity helps though

Many, many, many voluteers, some amazing stories of people helping others, we have quite a city. We evacuated Tuesday night, holy crap, our house is up against the mountains and that freakin' fire was coming down fast. We were outside talking with the neighbors when we saw the flames come over the top of the mountain. Yikes.

I have family in Co Springs. So far, they say their homes are safe.

from the Washington Post link in the OP link...

But many federal firefighters are temporary employees, who only work six months out of the year (although as Lauer describes it, they can often work a full year’s worth of hours with the long shifts). Under federal regulations, temporary employees of the Forest Service do not receive benefits. That means no health care and no retirement pension.

You don't like the rules, change them.

Exactly. And we will do just that, in spite of you 'Conservatives'. The first steps have now been taken.

Hope for the best for you, and for your family. Very bad situation.

Hope for the best for you, and for your family. Very bad situation.

Thanks, much appreciated. Everyone's great, everything else can be replaced. The cat's pissed off over her temporary home, but that's okay, I don't like cats anyway.

Forum List

Back