Fired For Confederate Flag, He Sues

“The law governing Webber's First Amendment rights is clearly established. The display of a flag is an act of symbolic expression protected under the First Amendment,” Magistrate Judge Mark Clarke concluded.

He said there was no evidence in the case that any student had seen Webber’s flag or that the display on his pickup truck had been in any way disruptive to school district operations.

The magistrate judge said that given those facts it appeared that the school district’s interests in preventing the display of a Confederate flag did not outweigh Webber’s constitutional right to freedom of expression.
And even if there were evidence school children saw the flag, that would still be questionable justification to preempt a fundamental right.

Bad move on the part of the school district.

The Confederate flag has never represented anything to me other then the brave men who fought and died carrying it. All of this to do about slavery and the stars and bars is manufactured bullshit. There is nothing wrong with flying the Confederate flag if one's chooses to do so. The Oregon Libtards in this case are acting stupidly as is anyone who has a problem with the flag.

No manufactured anything, Bigfoot: the Army of Northern Virginia was officered by slave holders to perpetuate the southern system. The Stars and Bars symbolize that, always will.

The Confederate flag represents the people who believed in "States Rights" as per the Constitution.

When the Union won they had violated the Constitution.

And gave us the terrible Federal government that we are stuck with now.

The Union validated the Constitution the southern traitors tried to overthrow.

States' rights did not include the right own humans or subjugate women.

No manufactured anything, Bigfoot: the Army of Northern Virginia was officered by slave holders to perpetuate the southern system. The Stars and Bars symbolize that, always will.

Actually the Stars symbolize the number of Confederate States - dumbass.

Black slavery will go down as one of the biggest blunders ever committed by whites, but most Confederate flag-wavers today would have zero interest in owning a slave. They are, however, interested in white defiance. That's the real reason the flag is controversial: it's a symbol of whites who won't bow to PC. And that is truly the unforgivable sin.

The Confederate flag has never represented anything to me other then the brave men who fought and died carrying it.

If someone had been waving it when they burned a cross in your yard, you might feel differently.

But everyone should think and feel exactly like you do, if they don't, they're racist assholes.

Doesn't mean anything, the number of stars.

The Army was officered by slave holders, including one of the chief traitors, Robert E. Lee.

George Washington, had he been alive, would have spit on the Confederate flag.

Actually the Stars symbolize the number of Confederate States - dumbass.

Funny how the right likes to point it out when folks in the school system get fired for political purposes - yet they want to get rid of tenure, whose primary purpose is to prevent firing for political purposes.

The Confederate flag has never represented anything to me other then the brave men who fought and died carrying it.

If someone had been waving it when they burned a cross in your yard, you might feel differently.

But everyone should think and feel exactly like you do, if they don't, they're racist assholes.

I bet hundreds of crosses have been burnt in your front yard while the confederate flag flew in the breeze. Give me a break, and stop whining.

There isn't a thing wrong with flying the Confederate flag if that is what someone chooses to do. It is a good flag with a historical significance that hasn't much at all to do with this manufactured political slavery crap. If that crap didn't get blacks free shit we wouldn't even hear about it any more. Get over it, stop killing each other and become citizens. Geez, blacks have whined "give me free shit, give me free shit. We were slaves, give us free shit" enough already. It is time they stopped feeling sorry for themselves and got busy bettering their lives as Americans.

Last edited:
Yep, none of the rights are absolute, William Joyce.

And to let you in on a secret: never wanted to own another human being.

How about that?

I don't know, Jake... you're rip-roaring pissed about a guy who's filed a suit to protect his Constitutional rights to freedom of speech...

Who's the anti-American here?

Forum List

Back