Fired for Being on the Pill

Employers should be able to hire and fire anyone they want and for any reason they want.

They do not however have the right to know what their employees do on their off hours

Exactly!

Unless, of course, the employee is a star player for a professional team and they sign a contract that says they won't do something stupid, like skateboarding down a metal railing and risking a career ending injury, while they are under contract.

Immie
It's kind of amusing that companies get away with not hiring women or paying them lower salaries for certain jobs because women, gasp, get pregnant. And now here we have a bill that seems bent on forcing women to get pregnant if they have sex.

I will never, ever, in a million years, understand the thought process of those that claim to be conservatives.

Employers should be able to hire and fire anyone they want and for any reason they want.

They do not however have the right to know what their employees do on their off hours

I disagree. If the employee does something off hours that hurts or damages the business, they certainly do have the right to know.

This, however, isn't one of those cases. And I highly doubt the employer is requesting the medical records of the employee to see what's going on.

I disagree. If the employee does something off hours that hurts or damages the business, they certainly do have the right to know.

This, however, isn't one of those cases. And I highly doubt the employer is requesting the medical records of the employee to see what's going on.
they cannot legally get those anyway.

Exactly!

Unless, of course, the employee is a star player for a professional team and they sign a contract that says they won't do something stupid, like skateboarding down a metal railing and risking a career ending injury, while they are under contract.

Immie
It's kind of amusing that companies get away with not hiring women or paying them lower salaries for certain jobs because women, gasp, get pregnant. And now here we have a bill that seems bent on forcing women to get pregnant if they have sex.

I will never, ever, in a million years, understand the thought process of those that claim to be conservatives.
you haven't read a single post in this thread, or looked at the text of the bill.

Exactly!

Immie

I will never understand the thought process of someone who recognizes that their position is so bad that they have to lie and make up crap about their opponents to even come close to winning an argument.

Liberals however would like to see employers penalize employees who smoke or have a high BMI, or eat dougnuts for breakfast or break any other liberal taboos.

Someone asking for an insurance company for a rhinoplasty has to prove that they have a medical need for a rhinoplasty and they just don't want that little button nose because it would look better on their face.

Exactly!

Immie

you haven't read a single post in this thread, or looked at the text of the bill.

What part of this don't you understand?

State lawmakers are considering a bill that would let employers deny women contraception coverage and ask them why they are using it.

Arizona already has a law on the books allowing religious employers to deny the coverage for moral reasons.

This bill expands that right to all businesses.

Women could potentially get the pill for other uses, but they would have to explain why they use the contraception to their employers.

AZ lawmakers advance unparalleled contraception bill - CBS 5 - KPHO

Exactly!

Immie

That's because you are too stupid to understand. I have to knock about 70 IQ points off just to dumb things down enough to explain where liberals are going wrong.

This law in no way forces women to get pregnant. That statement is firmly in the "Making Shit Up" department. You plainly lie at will. I guess that is the only way you know how to win a debate.

The law forces employers to provide contraception coverage if they provide prescription coverage or outpatient coverage.

Understand? The employer MUST give women the pill.

It is not taking it away from them.

Now, the part where you get really, really stupid is in failing to understand there are people in the world who are opposed to contraception. It is LITERALLY against their religion.

Liberals seem to believe that they (liberals) are tolerant of other people's "values". They feel all superior-like in this respect.

But this issue proves you are far from tolerant. You want religious people who are business owners to be forced to pay for birth control for their employees. Thus, liberals are exposing the truth about themselves by showing they don't give a shit about other people's beliefs.

Your mask has fallen off.

The law avoids forcing people who have values which differ from yours from being forced to violate their religion.

Underneath all the opposition to this is simple, unadulterated liberal bigotry toward religion.

Now, if you took a job with an employer you knew to have these values, what special kind of retard would you have to be to say that employer is taking something from you?

What special kind of retard would you have to be to say they are forcing you to get pregnant?

If you worked for an employer who paid for your business travel expenses as long as you did not fly First Class, what special kind of retard would you have to be to decide to fly First Class anyway and then file a reimbursement claim for it?

Pretty damned retarded, right?

And yet there are idiots here who think that someone who works for a religious employer should just go ahead and file a claim anyway and demand their employer violate their religious beliefs.

Okay. I've gone back over this post to make sure it does not have any words that are too hard for you to understand. I hope this clears things up for you.

Last edited:

What part of this don't you understand?

State lawmakers are considering a bill that would let employers deny women contraception coverage and ask them why they are using it.

Arizona already has a law on the books allowing religious employers to deny the coverage for moral reasons.

This bill expands that right to all businesses.

Women could potentially get the pill for other uses, but they would have to explain why they use the contraception to their employers.

AZ lawmakers advance unparalleled contraception bill - CBS 5 - KPHO

that would be... the part of the actual text of the bill that doesn't even remotely say that. There are multiple links to the actual text of the voted upon bill. Perhaps you'd like to go read it, before you continue to make yourself look like a complete fool and blind partisan hack that can't research their own information.

Exactly!

Immie

That's because you are too stupid to understand. I have to knock about 70 IQ points off just to dumb things down enough to explain where liberals are going wrong.

This law in no way forces women to get pregnant to get sex. You clearly have not read it.

It forces employers to provide contraception converage if they provide prescription coverage or outpatient coverage.

Now, the part where you get really, really stupid is in failing to understand there are people in the world who are opposed to contraception. It is LITERALLY against their religion.

Liberals seem to believe that they (liberals) are tolerant of other people's "values". They feel all superior-like in this respect.

But this issue proves you are far from tolerant. You want religious people who are business owners to be forced to pay for birth control for their employees. Thus, liberals don't give a shit about other people's beliefs.

The law avoids forcing people who have values which differ from yours from being forced to violate their values.

Now, if you took a job with an employer you knew to have these values, what special kind of retard would you have to be to say that employer is taking something from you?

If you worked for an employer who paid for your business travel expenses as long as you did not fly First Class, what special kind of retard would you have to be to decide to fly First Class anyway and then file a reimbursement claim for it?

And yet there are idiots here who think that someone who works for a religious employer should just go ahead and file a claim anyway that would violate that employer's beliefs.

Okay. I've gone back over this post to make sure it does not have any words that are too hard for you to understand. I hope this clears things up for you.

too many words. her eyes will gloss over after about 12 or 13 words.

too many words. her eyes will gloss over after about 12 or 13 words.

Probably. People who can't read the actual law and trust a biased source for their information don't want to know the truth.

Which is ironic, because the law forces employers who provide health insurance to pay for the Pill for every woman that wants it. So when liberals roll out the cancer lady with ovarian cysts? She's covered by this law!

They make their mistake in zeroing in on the religious objector who is allowed to opt out. And this demonstrates they hate religion and want to force people to violate their faith.

That is about as evil as it gets.

A proposed new law in Arizona would give employers the power to request that women being prescribed birth control pills provide proof that they're using it for non-sexual reasons. And because Arizona's an at-will employment state, that means that bosses critical of their female employees' sex lives could fire them as a result.
Yesterday, a Senate Judiciary Committee endorsed Republican Debbie Lesko's HB2625 by a vote of 6-2, which would allow an employer to request proof that a woman using insurance to buy birth control was being prescribed the birth control for reasons other than not wanting to get pregnant. It's all about freedom, she said
Law Will Allow Employers to Fire Women for Using Whore Pills

The freedom comment was really the icing on the cake.

And ... cue the "conservatives" saying there is not a war on women.

They're mentally ill...

who go fired?

Hi, you have received -969 reputation points from WillowTree.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Who got fired?

Regards,
WillowTree
I never said anyone did get fired.

Your title says getting fired for the pill so you did say it:cuckoo:

A proposed new law in Arizona would give employers the power to request that women being prescribed birth control pills provide proof that they're using it for non-sexual reasons. And because Arizona's an at-will employment state, that means that bosses critical of their female employees' sex lives could fire them as a result.
Yesterday, a Senate Judiciary Committee endorsed Republican Debbie Lesko's HB2625 by a vote of 6-2, which would allow an employer to request proof that a woman using insurance to buy birth control was being prescribed the birth control for reasons other than not wanting to get pregnant. It's all about freedom, she said

They're mentally ill...

An Employment at will State already allows it.

Do you have any cases where someone has been fired....

This is where you go silent.....................

Exactly!

Immie

This law in no way forces women to get pregnant. That statement is firmly in the "Making Shit Up" department. You plainly lie at will. I guess that is the only way you know how to win a debate.

The law forces employers to provide contraception converage if they provide prescription coverage or outpatient coverage.

But this issue proves you are far from tolerant. You want religious people who are business owners to be forced to pay for birth control for their employees. Thus, liberals are exposing the truth about themselves by showing they don't give a shit about other people's beliefs.

The law avoids forcing people who have values which differ from yours from being forced to violate their religion.

Underneath all the opposition to this is simple, unadulterated liberal bigotry toward religion.

What special kind of retard would you have to be to say they are forcing you to get pregnant?

And yet there are idiots here who think that someone who works for a religious employer should just go ahead and file a claim anyway that would violate that employer's beliefs.

This is where the false dichotomy presents itself. Why do we accept the premise that our private health insurance should be the business of our employers in the first place?

Employers and Religious institutions in particular should not even be in a position to dictate standards of medical care and private health insurance.

You realize some religions don't believe in chemotherapy, etc...?

This is the bill...

what's confusing about this unless English isn't your first language.

B. Notwithstanding subsection A of this section, a religious employer whose religious tenets prohibit the use of prescribed contraceptive methods may require that the accountable health plan provide a health benefits plan without coverage for all federal food and drug administration approved contraceptive methods. A religious employer shall submit a written affidavit to the accountable health plan stating that it is a religious employer.� On receipt of the affidavit, the accountable health plan shall issue to the religious employer a health benefits plan that excludes coverage of prescription contraceptive methods.� an accountable health plan does not fail to meet the requirements of subsection A of this section if the plan's failure to provide coverage of specific items or services required under subsection A of this section is because providing or paying for coverage of the specific items or services is contrary to the religious beliefs of the employer, sponsor, issuer, accountable health plan or other entity offering the plan or is because the coverage is contrary to the religious beliefs of the purchaser or beneficiary of the coverage.� If an objection triggers this subsection, a written affidavit shall be filed with the accountable health plan stating the objection. The accountable health plan shall retain the affidavit for the duration of the health benefits plan and any renewals of the plan.

C. Before enrollment in the plan, every religious employer that invokes this exemption shall provide prospective enrollees written notice that the religious employer refuses to cover all federal food and drug administration approved contraceptive methods for religious reasons.

D. C. Subsection B of this section shall not exclude coverage for prescription contraceptive methods ordered by a health care provider with prescriptive authority for medical indications other than to prevent an unintended pregnancy for contraceptive, abortifacient, abortion or sterilization purposes.� An accountable health plan, employer, sponsor, issuer or other entity offering the plan may state religious beliefs in its affidavit that require the enrollee to first pay for the prescription and then submit a claim to the accountable health plan along with evidence that the prescription is for a noncontraceptive purpose not in whole or in part for a purpose covered by the objection. An accountable health plan may charge an administrative fee for handling claims under this subsection.

Bill Text: AZ House Bill 2625 - Fiftieth Legislature - Second Regular Session (2012) | eLobbyist

So an employer can govern the sex life of an employee now by not letting an insurance carrier pay for prescription medication.

I notice they didn't exclude Viagra coverage.

Speaking of being mentally ill...

I know it will hurt to actually THINK about this idiotic statement.

So you go to work for an employer you know does not cover the Pill in your fringe benefits.

Say...the Catholic Church.

Now how utterly stupid would you have to be to then submit an expense account request to be reimbursed for the Pill for sexual reasons?

"Ah, no, Bishop. I ain't got none of them cysts. I just got the Pill so my boyfriend and I could screw without worrying about having a baby. You owe me sixty bucks."

Yeah. You should be fired. For being a fricking idiot.

I would say this imaginary scenario will never happen because no one would ever be that dumb.

But then I read this topic...

Last edited:

They're mentally ill...

An Employment at will State already allows it.

Do you have any cases where someone has been fired....

This is where you go silent.....................

Under normal circumstances an employer wouldn't know what medication an employee is getting.

What silent? You're missing the point.

As usual.

New Topics

Forum List

Back