Fired for Being on the Pill

This is about Obama revoking freedom of religion.

Nope, it's about the right of employers to not buy things that are opposed by their religion.

Obama says that all should worship him as god, so there is no conflict....

Just like we need defined parameters of what a cable TV package is - Obama will decide what channels I pay for - he is our GLORIOUS RULER....

I don't care about your irrational bigotry. I do care that Obama is attempting to dictate what individuals and employers will buy, and what religious traditions will be allowed.

Blah, blah, blah... They stopped being religious employers the minute they went into businesses that have nothing to do with Sky Pixies.

Hospitals are a business. Schools are a business. When the Church became a business, it really lost the ability to argue "Well, it's my religion".

As I've pointed out before, my niece went to a mid-level Catholic High School where about 30% of the students were non-Catholic. There was even one Muslim girl there, whose Daddy figured he could avoid an honor killing easier by sending her to Catholic School than a Public one.

For every one of those non-Catholics who could come up with the money for a tuition, there was a Catholic girl who couldn't, and would really have liked to have gone.

At that point, it became a BUSINESS, not a RELIGION.

And when it's a BUSINESS, then it is regulated like a BUSINESS.

And this is actually a pretty sensible regulation. It puts the decision where it belongs. With patients and doctors, not employers and insurance companies and Churches.

Blah, blah, blah... They stopped being religious employers the minute they went into businesses that have nothing to do with Sky Pixies.

Look, I realize that you of the left seek to crush individual rights and civil liberties.

I'm just trying to make sure everyone else knows it too.

Hospitals are a business. Schools are a business. When the Church became a business, it really lost the ability to argue "Well, it's my religion".

Really?

What part of the constitution denotes that "rights are null and void when conducting business?"

Do you even have a semblance of knowledge of the document you work so hard to revoke?

As I've pointed out before, my niece went to a mid-level Catholic High School where about 30% of the students were non-Catholic. There was even one Muslim girl there, whose Daddy figured he could avoid an honor killing easier by sending her to Catholic School than a Public one.

The moment you go to a Catholic school, you agree to abide by Catholic rules. Even a leftist should be able to grasp that simple concept.

For every one of those non-Catholics who could come up with the money for a tuition, there was a Catholic girl who couldn't, and would really have liked to have gone.

At that point, it became a BUSINESS, not a RELIGION.

It's a religious business. democrats have such a hard time grasping even fundamental concepts.

It's why you're democrats.

And when it's a BUSINESS, then it is regulated like a BUSINESS.

People don't lose civil rights when they go into business. (They lose civil rights when they elect democrats!)

And this is actually a pretty sensible regulation.

I don't call unconstitutional acts "sensible." Since you and your shameful party are working to overthrow the constitution in favor of authoritarian dictatorship, you do....

It puts the decision where it belongs. With patients and doctors, not employers and insurance companies and Churches.

It puts the decision with our ruler.

Last edited:
A proposed new law in Arizona would give employers the power to request that women being prescribed birth control pills provide proof that they're using it for non-sexual reasons. And because Arizona's an at-will employment state, that means that bosses critical of their female employees' sex lives could fire them as a result.
Yesterday, a Senate Judiciary Committee endorsed Republican Debbie Lesko's HB2625 by a vote of 6-2, which would allow an employer to request proof that a woman using insurance to buy birth control was being prescribed the birth control for reasons other than not wanting to get pregnant. It's all about freedom, she said

The freedom comment was really the icing on the cake.

And ... cue the "conservatives" saying there is not a war on women.

I can't imagine what the logic is behind this. I mean the goal should be to allow anyone who either should not or does not want to have a baby have the means to prevent such. Good grief, the last thing we need is more babies born and then neglected or abused because the mother had no more business with a baby than I do with a pet giraffe!!

I heard a conservative guy on Fox say that there WAS a "war on women." I mean lots of conservative women don't want to get pregnant either. A baby is not a cat -- a baby should be wanted by two people (gay or straight) who have the wherewithall to provide and care and love the baby. Not some dumbshit 18 year old who wants to have some guy's baby thinking he will then stick with her. please! Bad idea.

Look, I realize that you of the left seek to crush individual rights and civil liberties.

I'm just trying to make sure everyone else knows it too.

Not about individual rights, dumbass. This is about regulating corporations, which contrary to what Mittens says, are not "people".

Really?

What part of the constitution denotes that "rights are null and void when conducting business?"

it's the Commerce Clause. Look it up.

The moment you go to a Catholic school, you agree to abide by Catholic rules. Even a leftist should be able to grasp that simple concept.

Horsecrap. In fact, my sister's biggest complaint was that they soft-sold the Catholicism to attract non-Catholic Paying customers.

It's a religious business. democrats have such a hard time grasping even fundamental concepts.

It's why you're democrats.

Sorry, Guy, I'm a Republican who thinks the GOP needs to stop kissing the asses of Religious Nutbags....

Especially ones who are against you, to start with. The Bishops are NOT the GOP's friend on any issue.

And the rest of your post is the typical Wingnut screaming about lost liberties that you bitch about whenever you don't control the White House.

Not about individual rights, dumbass. This is about regulating corporations, which contrary to what Mittens says, are not "people".

This is about revoking the first amendment. Obama has dictated that INDIVIDUALS will purchase health care from well connected looters like Blue Cross and Kaiser, the individual has no choice in the matter, they will do as they are told or go to prison.

Now he has said that the 1st Amendment is null and void, and the Catholic institutions MUST violate their religious positions and provide contraception and abortificants.

it's the Commerce Clause. Look it up.

I realize that you're a democrat, ergo stupid.

The commerce clause is;

"To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes."

Please show the class where this states that anyone conducting business is stripped of civil rights?

As with most of what you leftists claim, you made shit up and tossed random phrases in hopes that it would support your claim.

Horsecrap. In fact, my sister's biggest complaint was that they soft-sold the Catholicism to attract non-Catholic Paying customers.

Yo stupid, THEY made the rules.

Sorry, Guy, I'm a Republican who thinks the GOP needs to stop kissing the asses of Religious Nutbags....

Oh quit fucking lying, stupid.

What do you think you'll gain? Others will say "duhhrrr, JoeB is a communist and Republican, so to be a good Republican, I'll be a communist."

I mean, your handlers REALLY think someone will buy your stupidity?

Especially ones who are against you, to start with. The Bishops are NOT the GOP's friend on any issue.

No one cares about your attempt to pit your enemies against each other.

Your shameful party, under the rule of Obama, has launched a war against the 1st Amendment. It doesn't matter what the relationship of Bishops is with the GOP, Obama is assaulting basic civil liberties. He is a tyrant and MUST be stopped.

And the rest of your post is the typical Wingnut screaming about lost liberties that you bitch about whenever you don't control the White House.

JoeB, you're a mindless, partisan hack. Your little tin god fucked up when he declared war on the 1st Amendment. He riled up the civil libertarians, who often are no friend to the Republicans. Obama must be stopped, he is a clear and present danger to civil liberties. He is the gravest threat to civil rights this nation has ever seen.

Actually, dumbass, Obama so pwnd you guys when he did this,a nd I warned you guys you were walking into an ambush.

The Republican Coyote chews off three legs and is still caught in the trap. Most Catholics are against the Church's position...

Forum List

Back