Firearms Freedom Act Introduced in Ohio

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
Introduced in the Ohio House on October 16, 2009, the “Firearms Freedom Act” (HB-315) seeks “To enact section 2923.26 of the Revised Code to provide that ammunition, firearms, and firearm accessories that are manufactured and remain in Ohio are not subject to federal laws and regulations derived under Congress’ authority to regulate interstate commerce and to require the words “Made in Ohio” be stamped on a central metallic part of any firearm manufactured and sold in Ohio.”

The bill was authored by State Representatives Morgan and Martin, and currently has 15 other co-sponsors.

Nullification: Firearms Freedom Act Introduced in Ohio | Tenth Amendment Center

Very proud of my state government regarding this piece of legislation.

Introduced in the Ohio House on October 16, 2009, the “Firearms Freedom Act” (HB-315) seeks “To enact section 2923.26 of the Revised Code to provide that ammunition, firearms, and firearm accessories that are manufactured and remain in Ohio are not subject to federal laws and regulations derived under Congress’ authority to regulate interstate commerce and to require the words “Made in Ohio” be stamped on a central metallic part of any firearm manufactured and sold in Ohio.”

The bill was authored by State Representatives Morgan and Martin, and currently has 15 other co-sponsors.

Nullification: Firearms Freedom Act Introduced in Ohio*|*Tenth Amendment Center

This sounds like a very smart move on the part of Ohio. It's a profound statement about states rights, and a model for other states. Look out for fall-out from those who hate the ideas of states rights, and who would lock us all up into a unified "master-plan."

This sounds like a very smart move on the part of Ohio. It's a profound statement about states rights, and a model for other states. Look out for fall-out from those who hate the ideas of states rights, and who would lock us all up into a unified "master-plan."

Certainly is. I'm glad Montana set such a great example for other states to follow with this legislation. I'm hoping as time goes on the states move to nullifying other unconstitutional federal laws.

I'm thinking of getting my first and only tattoo "Made in the USA"

Better yet I should move out of Illinois away from influential antis like Richie Daley.

Certainly is. I'm glad Montana set such a great example for other states to follow with this legislation. I'm hoping as time goes on the states move to nullifying other unconstitutional federal laws.

Not gonna happen, wouldn't be prudent.

Federal thugs will ignore those state laws with impunity. Ask South Carolineans.

Federal thugs will ignore those state laws with impunity. Ask South Carolineans.

Yes, at first. But what about when the states start ignoring the federal government en masse?

Yes, at first. But what about when the states start ignoring the federal government en masse?

Federal funding dries up and examples are made.

Lincoln massacred over 600,000 in order to impose federal tyranny. So you do the math.

Lincoln massacred over 600,000 in order to impose federal tyranny. So you do the math.

Very good point, but I'm not really referring to secession. I'm simply talking in the realm of nullification. We've had quite a few 10th amendment resolutions pass, Ohio's recently passed the House and Senate of our General Assembly, and we're seeing nullification come back with these Firearms Freedoms acts. When more and more states begin to join in this activity and more and more laws get nullified will the federal government use violence to get its way or will they realize the numbers simply aren't in their favor and go along with it?

Very good point, but I'm not really referring to secession. I'm simply talking in the realm of nullification. We've had quite a few 10th amendment resolutions pass, Ohio's recently passed the House and Senate of our General Assembly, and we're seeing nullification come back with these Firearms Freedoms acts. When more and more states begin to join in this activity and more and more laws get nullified will the federal government use violence to get its way or will they realize the numbers simply aren't in their favor and go along with it?

The Second Amendment is clear and specific . But the motherfuckers wiped their collective asses with the same.

If they don't "understand " the meaning of the word "infringe" they won't know the meaning of the 10th Amendment.

The Second Amendment is clear and specific . But the motherfuckers wiped their collective asses with the same.

If they don't "understand " the meaning of the word "infringe" they won't know the meaning of the 10th Amendment.

Yes, but we're finally seeing the states stand up for their rights in a significant way. What will it matter if the federal government doesn't understand the 10th Amendment if the states as a whole begin to demand their rights from the 10th Amendment as it was meant to be understood? The federal government will have no choice but to go along, or try to use force.

Yes, but we're finally seeing the states stand up for their rights in a significant way. What will it matter if the federal government doesn't understand the 10th Amendment if the states as a whole begin to demand their rights from the 10th Amendment as it was meant to be understood? The federal government will have no choice but to go along, or try to use force.

Hope for the best, expect the worse.

Federal funding dries up and examples are made.

Are you saying that lack of federal funding will be how the examples are made or are you implying something else may occur?

Certainly more would follow. Any and all high profile people would have the full weight of the IRS, FBI and who knows what else rummaging through their lives and family members lives and accusations whether true or not would be made. Surely "agent provocateurs" would infiltrate any movement that threatens the Federal Republic to distort and discredit the original intent.

The US has been run by the Federal Reserve Central Bank which was drawn up with the elites meeting Jekyll Island (1910) codified (1913) by Congress which abdicated the power granted in Article 1 Section 8 of the US Constitution. The bottom line is that I do not see an major movement or counter revolution succeeding.

Forum List

Back