Firearms Article from Harvard Law Journal

Ninja

Dec 30, 2006
Glorious People's Republic of California
There was an article discussing this study in the latest issue of America's First Freedom.

If I were gun snatcher I'd be pissed, because it smashes every blatant lie that the Brady freaks have been peddling to Americans for almost 4 decades.

Contrary to what your fat, obnoxious liberal aunt may have told you:

• Country X does not experience less crime than the US because of better gun control laws.
  • Guns do not have the power to instantly transform sane, law-abiding people into bloodthirsty serial killers
  • Criminals are still able to get their paws on guns in spite of strict gun control laws
  • The crime rate is not tied to easier access to guns.

Mrs. Brady, I'm so sorry :rofl: :cool:

Folks, here is the article:

http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/jlpp/Vol30_No2_KatesMauseronline.pdf

Good find there snowman. Amazing that it is being meat with such silence isn't it?

There was an article discussing this study in the latest issue of America's First Freedom.

If I were gun snatcher I'd be pissed, because it smashes every blatant lie that the Brady freaks have been peddling to Americans for almost 4 decades.

Contrary to what your fat, obnoxious liberal aunt may have told you:

• Country X does not experience less crime than the US because of better gun control laws.
  • Guns do not have the power to instantly transform sane, law-abiding people into bloodthirsty serial killers
  • Criminals are still able to get their paws on guns in spite of strict gun control laws
  • The crime rate is not tied to easier access to guns.

Mrs. Brady, I'm so sorry :rofl: :cool:

Folks, here is the article:

http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/jlpp/Vol30_No2_KatesMauseronline.pdf

Oh. I thought this was going to be the "missing link" on how an inanimate object jumps up and kills someone.

Good find there snowman. Amazing that it is being meat with such silence isn't it?

:lol:

Ten minutes? You posted that ten minutes after Snowman's post? And you write "...amazing that is being meat (sic) with such silence....") :lol:

I've only just seen it, got the pdf and I'll read it thoroughly with an open mind.

Ten minutes. Here let me fill the silence for you :eusa_boohoo:

:lol:

Ten minutes? You posted that ten minutes after Snowman's post? And you write "...amazing that is being meat (sic) with such silence....") :lol:

I've only just seen it, got the pdf and I'll read it thoroughly with an open mind.

Ten minutes. Here let me fill the silence for you :eusa_boohoo:

Sorry didn't have my eye on the clock. But yes I did read it. Seeing as you are from Australia which I understand has significantly stricter gun regs then the U.S. I would love you hear your thoughts.

Now you go get another rough mouthfucking from John Howard. Remember to thank him for the buy back program after he blows his wad in your eye.

What a poof you are.

Settle down Fluffy White Stuff Person, no-one's making it personal.

Howard's buybacks, both of them, were examples of his style of politics. He is a populist, he will do anything, anything, to maintain power. The buybacks were such piss-poor policy that it makes me angry even now thinking about them.

I support our fireams controls as they are, but the buybacks were typical Howard grandstanding without any decent policy basis at all.

Sorry didn't have my eye on the clock. But yes I did read it. Seeing as you are from Australia which I understand has significantly stricter gun regs then the U.S. I would love you hear your thoughts.

"Significantly stricter" ain't the half of it - but if we're going to go there let's be careful to keep grounded and civil (as in the health care threads). First point.

I like guns. They saved my arse more than once, even though I have to admit they could have also taken me out. I used to own a handgun and a shotgun and I've used a range of weapons over the years. The only part of a firearm that scares the shit out of me is the barrel pointing at me. Other than that I'm fine.

Now, I'm not going to mount a full frontal assault on the firearms laws in the US. There are a couple of reasons for that. One is that it's your business. Two is that if I lived in the States I would make sure that (a) I lived in a CCW state and (b) I purchased and carried with me the best handgun I could afford because (c) I would be quite prepared to use it if needed.

Okay, I feel better now. Your turn :D

Forum List

Back