Firearm registration = firearm confiscation

Regarding gun "polls". Why would anyone that owns a gun answer these polls? Owning a gun is personal, plus it is a security risk to let perfect strangers know that you own guns. So these polls are under reported. Many if not most gun buyers in the last ten years have been WOMEN, and first time gun buyers, so MORE households now own guns than ever before.

Some states already have a form of registration where their state police get a record of each gun sale. My state does this. Local cops can access the database. They don't call it registration, but it is.

Each gun is registered at the Factory when it's made. It's already registered by the time buy it. I don't find a thing wrong with this as it's a way to track a weapon used in a crime to see how it was illegally obtained. If this is used properly it helps to get illegal firearms off the streets, out of the criminals hands, and tracks it back to the source that sold it where it ended up in a criminals hands.

In those states that do keep those records, those records are sealed and not assesable to any law enforcement without a proper court order. If it's to track a normal citizen, that order will not be given. But if it is to track a weapons used in a crime then that is probable cause to obtain that search warrant.
Lol
The vast majority of firearms are owned by law abiding citizens... and that number grows every day.

WE already proved that the number of citizens owning firearms haven't changed in decades per capita. Why do you keep making shit up? You should know you are going to be called on it.
Lol
Almost every day I sell firearms to people that have never owned or purchased firearms before. Mostly younger people and women.
And I’m not any different than thousands of gun stores throughout the nation...
Nice try....
giphy.gif

Regarding gun "polls". Why would anyone that owns a gun answer these polls? Owning a gun is personal, plus it is a security risk to let perfect strangers know that you own guns. So these polls are under reported. Many if not most gun buyers in the last ten years have been WOMEN, and first time gun buyers, so MORE households now own guns than ever before.

And in the great Firearms Debate, the envelope please, is ..............................NOT YOU.

Forum List

Back