Fire Kills 3 Year Old In House Packed With Mexicans

Bullfighter

Rookie
Jun 10, 2010
Pilsen apartment fire kills 3-year-old boy

His sister, father also injured in blaze

By Jeremy Gorner, Tribune reporter
10:05 PM CDT, November 6, 2010

A 3-year-old boy was killed Saturday in a Pilsen apartment building fire that also severely injured the boy's 1-year-old sister as well as his father, Chicago Fire Department officials said.

The fire broke out at about 4:30 p.m. Saturday in a four-story building on the 1700 block of West Cullerton Street.

Its billowing smoke visible a mile away, the fire tore through the building's upper floors and spread to a coach house in the rear before firefighters brought it under control about an hour later.

While battling the flames, firefighters found Michael Cruz, 3, in the back bedroom of the second floor, said Fire Department District Chief Thomas Kennedy. The boy was pronounced dead at St. Anthony Hospital a short time later, the Cook County medical examiner's office said.

The boy's father — also named Michael Cruz — and a 1-year-old sister suffered from smoke inhalation and were hospitalized in serious-to-critical condition, Kennedy said.

Fire investigators think the blaze started in the rear of the apartment building, but Kennedy could not say what caused it. Working smoke detectors were found in the hallway area of the building, Kennedy said. He said he didn't know whether there were smoke detectors in the individual units, though an investigation is under way.

The building was occupied by several families, all of them related, with one person living in the basement and another male relative inside the rear coach house. In all, 12 children lived on the property, family members said.

On Saturday, relatives mourned the 3-year-old's death. But, with the apartment building destroyed, they also wondered where they would live. American Red Cross officials said the family would be put up in temporary shelter, and food and clothing would also be provided.

Jose Lopez, the 3-year-old's uncle, said he was at the mall when someone called to tell him about the fire.

"I wish I was (home), then I would've been able to help them," said Lopez, 30.

Two firefighters also suffered non-life-threatening injuries in the blaze, said Richard Rosado, a Fire Department spokesman.

Fire kills 3-year-old boy in Pilsen, injures four more - chicagotribune.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------

It is amasing what is discovered when a fire happens.

Let's see. 12 children times $12,500 per student in most Chicagoland schools equals $150,000 a year to babysit these kids. Do you really believe that the property taxes on that house pay for their education?

Who is paying the bill?

Bullfighter...First of all your title "House Packed With Mexicans" is very despicable. Second, this family has lived and have owned this building for 40years. All of them have jobs and no one in this building was illegal. All 4 apartment levels of this 4 floor apartment were occupied from the same generations of the family of 40 years. Yes they are a large family and extended family of hard working blue collar people.

So what is the point your trying to make in regards to taxes and education, you need to check your facts before you make assumptions on your ignorant comments.

So and fire killed how many in the Beverly hills supper club fire?
it was overpacked as well.
Quit your racial hatin.
Life will be better for ya.

• Banned
Bullfighter...First of all your title "House Packed With Mexicans" is very despicable. Second, this family has lived and have owned this building for 40years. All of them have jobs and no one in this building was illegal. All 4 apartment levels of this 4 floor apartment were occupied from the same generations of the family of 40 years. Yes they are a large family and extended family of hard working blue collar people.

So what is the point your trying to make in regards to taxes and education, you need to check your facts before you make assumptions on your ignorant comments.

I own a 2-flat and I am forced to be in the same category as those in the 2-6 flat range when the tax man cometh. Yet I am denied all type of services because the poor Mexicans have LA RAZA behind them trying to force Americans out of American neighborhoods.

Those third world dirtbags steal everything that isn't nailed down in America then want to be treated like an endangered species that needs to be breastfed while immigrants from everywhere else in the world did it the hard way. There are 125 countries poorer than Mexico. Force those monkeys to stop breeding like rats by charging tuition for their K-12 babysitting service for every little bandito mommasta crapped out.

• Banned
Sounds to me that they are Americans, not Mexicans.

What a fuckhead you are.

Oh really? I wonder what the asshole landlord was charging the people in the "coach house"? That is a codeword for garage.

And by the way, just last year 7 BLACK AMERICANS were killed in a fire in my town because of the LA RAZA laws stating that they can pack as many people as they want into a room simply because that is the way they do it "south of the border".

• Banned

I like your name. How original........2.......!

I like your name. How original........2.......!

Im a successful Mexican who stole your name.

What a fuckhead you are.

Oh really? I wonder what the asshole landlord was charging the people in the "coach house"? That is a codeword for garage.

And by the way, just last year 7 BLACK AMERICANS were killed in a fire in my town because of the LA RAZA laws stating that they can pack as many people as they want into a room simply because that is the way they do it "south of the border".

Sounds like you live in Cali or Texas...things are not like that elsewhere. The asshole Landlord in question was renting the coach house to her brother, you dumbass. All of these buildings are old and have grandfathered some things that are no longer deemed allowable by law, the coachhouse was a complete livable home. I think your upset they really named it after your mother,,,she loved it in the back coach house.

I own a 2-flat and I am forced to be in the same category as those in the 2-6 flat range when the tax man cometh. Yet I am denied all type of services because the poor Mexicans have LA RAZA behind them trying to force Americans out of American neighborhoods.

Those third world dirtbags steal everything that isn't nailed down in America then want to be treated like an endangered species that needs to be breastfed while immigrants from everywhere else in the world did it the hard way. There are 125 countries poorer than Mexico. Force those monkeys to stop breeding like rats by charging tuition for their K-12 babysitting service for every little bandito mommasta crapped out.

You need to research your family history, your enjoying the spoils of your illegal immigrant ancestors you dumbass!! They got tired of sucking Nazi, and European dick aka COCKMEAT SANDWHICH!!, now thats doing it the hard way!! Came on a boat to Ellis Island...woo hoo. Your denied services because your not a good landlord. Join the freakn club...everybody feel sorry for you because your a landlord..sounds like you in the wrong field of work.

What a fuckhead you are.

Sounds like you live in Cali or Texas...things are not like that elsewhere. The asshole Landlord in question was renting the coach house to her brother, you dumbass. All of these buildings are old and have grandfathered some things that are no longer deemed allowable by law, the coachhouse was a complete livable home. I think your upset they really named it after your mother,,,she loved it in the back coach house.

I actually saw that house from the "L" today. It was burned from top to bottom and much of the roof was gone. Still, that house was overpopulated like much of Latin America is. The insurance companies should stop payment on these "accidental" fires. When no insurance will be issued to "taco hiltons", these fires will stop happening.

[
You need to research your family history, your enjoying the spoils of your illegal immigrant ancestors you dumbass!! They got tired of sucking Nazi, and European dick aka COCKMEAT SANDWHICH!!, now thats doing it the hard way!! Came on a boat to Ellis Island...woo hoo. Your denied services because your not a good landlord. Join the freakn club...everybody feel sorry for you because your a landlord..sounds like you in the wrong field of work.

Get the grease out of your ears, Jose. I own a two-flat but I do not rent to the beaners. I'm an American and that would be collaborating with the enemy.

You assholes can't even run your own countries so you hop the border to feed off of America's charity toward helper monkeys.

Everything Latin America has is from Europe so why are you complaining. You guys would still be shitting in teepees if it wasn't for Europe so stop complaining. :lol:

I actually saw that house from the "L" today. It was burned from top to bottom and much of the roof was gone. Still, that house was overpopulated like much of Latin America is. The insurance companies should stop payment on these "accidental" fires. When no insurance will be issued to "taco hiltons", these fires will stop happening.

You should have stopped and said hello. Its a multiapartment building, family on each floor, it wasnt a boarding house for Mexicans. Sounds like you arent living the American dream, I can show you how to be a successful landlord and you can have all your niglets rent them out on Obama's clock..OK...you feel better now? Taco Hiltons...now thats funny.

[

Get the grease out of your ears, Jose. I own a two-flat but I do not rent to the beaners. I'm an American and that would be collaborating with the enemy.

You assholes can't even run your own countries so you hop the border to feed off of America's charity toward helper monkeys.

Everything Latin America has is from Europe so why are you complaining. You guys would still be shitting in teepees if it wasn't for Europe so stop complaining. :lol:

Im more American than you! Your an UltraBeaner there Paco Taco, a Mexican decent in denial, cant habla el espanol and as dark as dark chocolate but claim to be white. I own several multi apartment buildings and whats your point? I rent to everyone even to Rugs (Redneck Thugs).

[You should have stopped and said hello. Its a multiapartment building, family on each floor, it wasnt a boarding house for Mexicans. Sounds like you arent living the American dream, I can show you how to be a successful landlord and you can have all your niglets rent them out on Obama's clock..OK...you feel better now? Taco Hiltons...now thats funny.

Funny, I didn't see one of those street shrines they put near the areas where Mexicans die. I guess that is to be used in place of the thousands of dollars they should have contributed to the Catholic Church. Go to the store and buy a few candles and that makes up for all the crimes committed while REAL Catholics have to foot the bill for the beaners.

They are related because every Mexican screws with every other Mexican. Kind of like Arkansas with mariachi music and fleas.

Last edited:
[
Im more American than you!
I'll bet the ink is still wet on your papers, Jose!

Your an UltraBeaner there Paco Taco, a Mexican decent in denial, cant habla el espanol and as dark as dark chocolate but claim to be white. I own several multi apartment buildings and whats your point? I rent to everyone even to Rugs (Redneck Thugs).
You sound like a prostitute that never turned down a customer no matter how diseased. That's Mexico for you.

[
and you know that because they took you??

you're mentally ill. seriously.

HA! HA! HA! You're so funny, so early in the morning. Did you send your last customer home?

Jillian says...

"If I don't get to bed soon, I'm going home to get some sleep!"

Last edited:
[
Im more American than you!
I'll bet the ink is still wet on your papers, Jose!

Easy there Paco Taco, your Babe Ruth card doesnt qualify as your green card. Someone lied to you.

Your an UltraBeaner there Paco Taco, a Mexican decent in denial, cant habla el espanol and as dark as dark chocolate but claim to be white. I own several multi apartment buildings and whats your point? I rent to everyone even to Rugs (Redneck Thugs).
You sound like a prostitute that never turned down a customer no matter how diseased. That's Mexico for you.

Your mom and sisters even your gay brother work for me, south of the border.

The Latino Community is what is saving the Roman Catholic Church from extinction you moron. Sounds like a Mexican screwed you. Interesting that you chose a tag name that reflects a spanish event. But I bet you chose it because you love Bulls in your own special way, bet you really screw sheep, when you go to the zoo, the sheeps looks to you and says your my Da aaaaaaaa d ...LOL

Forum List

Back