Fire every one of them!!!

You know, the funny thing is that I like most people agree......except for the congressmen from my state. They are all fiscal conservatives wh owould like nothing more than to solve the nation's problems. We tend to look at congress as a whole and thing they are worthless, but when it comes right down to it, we tend to like OUR congress critters we put into office. Cleaning house is a nice sentiment, but it'll never happen.

Inhofe is one of my favs for his position on the global warming scam.

You know, the funny thing is that I like most people agree......except for the congressmen from my state. They are all fiscal conservatives wh owould like nothing more than to solve the nation's problems. We tend to look at congress as a whole and thing they are worthless, but when it comes right down to it, we tend to like OUR congress critters we put into office. Cleaning house is a nice sentiment, but it'll never happen.

Inhofe is one of my favs for his position on the global warming scam.

LOL, true......but Inhofe is one of my least favorite. He is a dodering old codger who needs to retire. I prefer Tom Coburn much more.

Every member of Congress (and the President) should be fired and replaced by somebody that is interested in doing something constructive for America.
Assuming you’re serious, it’s difficult to determine if this is more naïve or ridiculous.

The problem isn’t Congress, it’s the American people, who will merely replace those ‘fired’ with the same or worse.

Congress is only a reflection of the Nation as a whole.

I don't agree about Congress being a reflection of the Nation as a whole. I think if people were offered better quality candidates they'd elect them. Instead you have over 50% that don't believe their vote is worth anything, so they don't bother and those that do vote are often just voting against someone instead of actually voting FOR anyone.

You're right that the problem is the People though. People need to stop just voting along party lines and start PAYING ATTENTION to what is going on around them. And those that are so apathetic they can't be bothered, need to get off their asses and actually VOTE even if it's just in local politics where they can feel they're making a difference.

And seriously, we can't fire them all at once but we could do it over a few election cycles. If they actually felt they could lose their jobs, they might start DOING their damned jobs.

Does anyone recall: "Ask what you can do for your country not what your country can do for you" I can't see any thing that this congress has done for our country but dig us a deeper hole. Time is wasting and the intrest payments are not getting smaller on the Dept, that they seem not to be willing to deal with. I say out with them all. Out with the Democrats, Out with the Republicans and that includes the Tea Partyer's since that's who they want to afilliate them selves with. Which makes them no better than republicans. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if we do nothing we get no where. They should have already made some sort of disisions even if they are wrong but they don't seem to even be willing to make any of the desisions that we must have in order for our great country to move toward a future. I would much rather pay ten dollars more a week in taxes to ensure our countrys future than to have it all fall apart as seems to be the case. and if I can pay ten then those top 1 percent can pay 500 if that's what it takes. I ask when you go to the polls the next election, Vote for the candidate that spent the least amount of money on his campain, As he owes the least amount of favors.

Forum List

Back