Fire every one of them!!!

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
Every member of Congress (and the President) should be fired and replaced by somebody that is interested in doing something constructive for America.

Every member of Congress (and the President) should be fired and replaced by somebody that is interested in doing something constructive for America.

We just need to fire all the Democrats. Then we can rebuild this country.

If that's what you think, you are just as bad as they are. Thinking that the GOP are any better is mindless bullshit.

Fire 'em all, works for me.

Right now, about the only congress-critter I might not fire is Scott Brown.

You're only half-correct. Fire them all. None of them are worth a solid turd.

Why would I want to "fire" the number of conservatives elected in 2010? They are doing a good job of not caving in to the Hussein.

Why would I want to "fire" the number of conservatives elected in 2010? They are doing a good job of not caving in to the Hussein.

That's a valid point... I would allow every freshman from 2010 (Dem or Rep) to stay. Every single one that was there prior to 2010..... out.

Good point.... some of them are trying.
Its the statist Rep.'s and Dem's that are the problem.
As long as they are left in place NOTHING will ever get done.

We need to cut spending... PERIOD!

That's a valid point... I would allow every freshman from 2010 (Dem or Rep) to stay. Every single one that was there prior to 2010..... out.

Now we can have a grown up conversation.

To say "fire em all" is just plain silly.

There are a few that truly do have America's best interest in mind.

Now we can have a grown up conversation.

To say "fire em all" is just plain silly.

There are a few that truly do have America's best interest in mind.

There are - and I believe that there are some of those rare breeds on both sides of the aisle. The problem, of course, is that they get drowned out by the corrupt majority. Honestly, if we had a candidate who ran on the sole issue of clearing up the corruption in DC, I'd vote for that person whatever party s/he came from.

I wouldn't say fire every one of them. There are a few good ones, though they get overshadowed by those who do not have the best interests of the freedoms of the people.

The problem isn't just the members of Congress, it's those who elect them. They have the power to make change and typically go for the status quo. This is only re-inforced when politicians are in control of redistricting, therefore, selecting their own constituents.

Assuming the scenario of firing Congress and not allowed to return, the voters would just likely replace them with like-minded individuals. Term limits, which I have mixed feelings about, haven't given its proponents their desired effect, and one reason is the lobbyists remain.

A major problem with elective politics can be summed up in this quote...

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy." (attributed to Alexander Fraser Tytler)

The problem is that we can't fire Congress though, YES, they all need to go, no golden parachutes, no pensions, NOTHING, because they ALL FAILED.

But they make their rules, and they treat themselves well, even as far better hard working people suffer to pay the bastards.

Somebody needs to come up with something legal and better than elections for voting out the scum, because voting doesn't work.

The problem is that we can't fire Congress though, YES, they all need to go, no golden parachutes, no pensions, NOTHING, because they ALL FAILED.

But they make their rules, and they treat themselves well, even as far better hard working people suffer to pay the bastards.

Somebody needs to come up with something legal and better than elections for voting out the scum, because voting doesn't work.

The senate majority leader made it very clear that government jobs are more important then you.

Thinking back, in 2008, Obama talked about 'cleaning house in DC' and said 'no more business as usual' with back room deals and lobbyists. And there was a time when I looked seriously at voting for him. Honestly, I couldn't convince myself that someone that came from one of the most politically corrupt states in the country, who had come by his seat by seriously worrisome methods, was the man who would do that so I did not vote for him.

But, I remain convinced that we need a President who will put an end to these corrupt practices. Who that man or woman is, I don't know.... it sure as hell is not Obama, and I seriously doubt that it is any of the current candidates for the GOP slot.

Leave it to the Right-Wing to continue denying the Republican's role in deconstructing this nation. And now to top it off, they want to elect a Newt as President. Guess all that denial keeps them safe from hearing the laughter at their backs. :cuckoo:

Assuming you’re serious, it’s difficult to determine if this is more naïve or ridiculous.

The problem isn’t Congress, it’s the American people, who will merely replace those ‘fired’ with the same or worse.

Congress is only a reflection of the Nation as a whole.

If that's what you think, you are just as bad as they are. Thinking that the GOP are any better is mindless bullshit.

Brown is a RINO. He's be one of the first to go if I had my druthers.

And, yes, Republicans are better than Democrats. For one thing, they would have never voted in the Obamacare monstrosity. We are saddled with that purely because of Democrats.

You know, the funny thing is that I like most people agree......except for the congressmen from my state. They are all fiscal conservatives wh owould like nothing more than to solve the nation's problems. We tend to look at congress as a whole and thing they are worthless, but when it comes right down to it, we tend to like OUR congress critters we put into office. Cleaning house is a nice sentiment, but it'll never happen.

Assuming you’re serious, it’s difficult to determine if this is more naïve or ridiculous.

The problem isn’t Congress, it’s the American people, who will merely replace those ‘fired’ with the same or worse.

Congress is only a reflection of the Nation as a whole.

This is the post I was about to write.

2012 will be a referendum on the American people....

....I suspect that this is about as far as Jonesy and I can travel the same road.

Last edited:

Brown is a RINO. He's be one of the first to go if I had my druthers.

And, yes, Republicans are better than Democrats. For one thing, they would have never voted in the Obamacare monstrosity. We are saddled with that purely because of Democrats.

Pat, the two paragraphs are woefully inconsistent.
You may be correct about Brown, but that's the kind of Republican one can expect from Massachusetts...

"For one thing, they would have never voted in the Obamacare monstrosity."
That's Brown.

And, I suppose I should have supported Mike Castle in Delaware for the same reason.

Once again, Buckley was correct: support the most conservative candidate who is electable.
That applies this time as well.

Forum List

Back