"Fire all the MBAs": General Motors, Bob Lutz

grasslands

Jul 12, 2011
Lutz's main argument is that companies, shareholders and consumers are best served by product-driven executives. In his book, Lutz wisecracks his way through the 1960s design and technology-led glory days at GM to the late-1970s takeover by gangs of M.B.A.s. Executives, once largely developed from engineering, began emerging from finance. The results ranged from the sobering (managers signing off on inferior products because customers "had no choice") to the hilarious (Cadillac ashtrays that wouldn't open because of corporate mandates that they be designed to function at -40°F). It's pretty easy to imagine Car Guy Lutz removing his mirrored shades and shouting to the cowering line manager, "Well, customers in North Dakota will be happy. Too bad nobody else will!"

The auto industry is actually a terrific proxy for a trend toward short-term, myopically balance-sheet-driven management that has infected American business. In the first half of the 20th century, industrial giants like Ford, General Electric, AT&T and many others were extremely consumer-focused. They spent most of their time and money using new technologies to create the best possible products and services, regardless of development cost. The idea was, if you build it better, the customers will come. And they did.

Source: time.com/time/magazine

Why a rise in M.B.A.s Coincided with the Fall of America

See toolbar when the website appears

Obama graduated from Harvard but USA has $100 Trillion debts and sex crimes and other crimes are highest worldwide, there is civil wars worldwide, high inflation worldwide killing 5 billion people everyday, $14 Trillion ponzi, frauds and scams worldwide.

"Fire Obama immediately"

CEOs, managers, MBA, CA and other high paid employees of giant companies are responsible for present never ending financial crisis. They are paid $1 Million to $100 million plus but they have no knowledge how to prevent financial crisis and how to end it.

World leaders and politicians are also highly educated but they had idea or clue, what is coming

Salaries of all responsible high paid employees and world leaders should be reduced by 50%.

I recall that cons liked the fact that Bush, Jr. was an MBA and was going to run the country like a business.
How'd that work out for you?

I recall that cons liked the fact that Bush, Jr. was an MBA and was going to run the country like a business.
George Bush gave high importance to agriculture. Bush would cut woods.

George Bush had said "under normal circumstances I would have allowed the companies to fail but this is extraordinary situation". After this $700 Billion bailouts were given to bankrupt companies

George Bush had phyically pulled out his young secret service agent (I think) who has stopped by Mexican security people.

George Bush is 1000 times better than Obama.

George Bush gave high importance to agriculture. Bush would cut woods.

George Bush had said "under normal circumstances I would have allowed the companies to fail but this is extraordinary situation". After this $700 Billion bailouts were given to bankrupt companies

George Bush had phyically pulled out his young secret service agent (I think) who has stopped by Mexican security people.

George Bush is 1000 times better than Obama.

LMAO!!:lol::lol:

high inflation worldwide killing 5 billion people everyday.
3 billion people survive on $2 per day.

People cannot buy expensive medicines, good housing, good food and water because of high inflation. So 5 billion people die everyday because of high inflation.

high inflation worldwide killing 5 billion people everyday.
3 billion people survive on $2 per day.

People cannot buy expensive medicines, good housing, good food and water because of high inflation. So 5 billion people die everyday because of high inflation.

You know there's only about 7 billion people in the world, right?

Forum List

Back