Finnish Court Rules Sex With Children Is ‘Permitted’

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
"Finnish Court Rules Sex With Children Is ‘Permitted’"

Finland’s Supreme Court has ruled that sex with children as young as 10 is not ‘rape’ if you come from a culture where sexual relations between adults and kids is ‘normal’.

In a case that has triggered international condemnation, the court rejected a request from the prosecution to appeal a three-year jail term for Muslim asylum seeker, Juusuf Muhamed Abbudin, who violently raped a 10-year-old girl when he arrived in Finland.

Rt.com reports: The man was convicted of aggravated sexual abuse, although the prosecution had sought a harsher sentence on charges of aggravated rape. However, the court left the original verdict unchanged.

The incident took place near the city of Tampere in southern Pirkanmaa region in autumn 2016. The man had sexual intercourse with a girl, who was 10-years old at the time, in the yard of a deserted apartment block. He also exchanged sexually charged messages with her.

Both Pirkanmaa District Court and the Appeal Court in the city of Turku convicted the asylum seeker of aggravated sexual abuse and handed him a three-year prison sentence in 2017. The courts didn’t recognize the incident as rape, saying the girl wasn’t forced into the sexual act or overcome by fear. The judges also ordered the man to pay the child €3,000 ($3,600).

The decision fueled fierce debates across the country. Tuula Tamminen, professor of Child Psychiatry at the University of Tampere, insisted that the child simply couldn’t know what was happening in such a situation.

Back in November 2017, National Coalition Party MP Kari Tolvanen spoke in favor of longer sentences for such offences. “The amendment would introduce harsher sentences for serious sexual offences against children overall. In my view, that is fully justified, for example in light of a child’s vulnerability, even if the act does not meet the threshold for rape,” Tolvanen said.

In March, Finland’s Justice Minister Antti Hakkanen also called for tougher laws for sexual offences committed against minors. “Children should be protected from violence and sexual assault by all available means,” the minister stated. “I asked officials for proposals on toughening the law on sex crimes. I regard these proposals as viable and I intend to advance them.”

Finland’s Supreme Court has ruled that sex with children as young as 10 is not ‘rape’ if you come from a culture where sexual relations between adults and kids is ‘normal’.

In a case that has triggered international condemnation, the court rejected a request from the prosecution to appeal a three-year jail term for Muslim asylum seeker, Juusuf Muhamed Abbudin, who violently raped a 10-year-old girl when he arrived in Finland.

Rt.com reports: The man was convicted of aggravated sexual abuse, although the prosecution had sought a harsher sentence on charges of aggravated rape. However, the court left the original verdict unchanged.

The incident took place near the city of Tampere in southern Pirkanmaa region in autumn 2016. The man had sexual intercourse with a girl, who was 10-years old at the time, in the yard of a deserted apartment block. He also exchanged sexually charged messages with her.

Both Pirkanmaa District Court and the Appeal Court in the city of Turku convicted the asylum seeker of aggravated sexual abuse and handed him a three-year prison sentence in 2017. The courts didn’t recognize the incident as rape, saying the girl wasn’t forced into the sexual act or overcome by fear. The judges also ordered the man to pay the child €3,000 ($3,600).

The decision fueled fierce debates across the country. Tuula Tamminen, professor of Child Psychiatry at the University of Tampere, insisted that the child simply couldn’t know what was happening in such a situation.

Back in November 2017, National Coalition Party MP Kari Tolvanen spoke in favor of longer sentences for such offences. “The amendment would introduce harsher sentences for serious sexual offences against children overall. In my view, that is fully justified, for example in light of a child’s vulnerability, even if the act does not meet the threshold for rape,” Tolvanen said.

In March, Finland’s Justice Minister Antti Hakkanen also called for tougher laws for sexual offences committed against minors. “Children should be protected from violence and sexual assault by all available means,” the minister stated. “I asked officials for proposals on toughening the law on sex crimes. I regard these proposals as viable and I intend to advance them.”

Unreal.

The courts in many countries seem to be begging for a rise in vigilantism.

Just sayin, the OP title and the headline of the story is misleading.
The court did not make sex with children "permissible", after all they sentenced him to 3 years in prison.
What they ruled was that it was aggravated sexual abuse and not rape since she was not forced or acted out of fear.

The offense is horrendous and extremely offensive, but I wish these stupid media headlines were more accurate.

Three different posters in this forum have indicated that Muslims raping children is funny to them.

Perhaps they should move to Finland?

Western civilization does seem to have a death wish. We are heading towards a new dark age.

The court did not make sex with children "permissible", after all they sentenced him to 3 years in prison.
What they ruled was that it was aggravated sexual abuse and not rape since she was not forced or acted out of fear.

The offense is horrendous and extremely offensive, but I wish these stupid media headlines were more accurate.

Another link:

Finland: No aggravated rape sentence for 23-year-old migrant who raped 10-year-old girl

"I’m personally of the opinion that a 10-year-old would be unable to understand the matter and thereby defend themselves against an adult,” comments Tolvanen.”

WTF?! She should have resisted harder? Perhaps she was leading him on? Oh, I forgot, we need to understand that he comes from a culture where this is normal. Also, 3 years for full-blown sexual intercourse with a 10 year old?

Another link:

Finland: No aggravated rape sentence for 23-year-old migrant who raped 10-year-old girl

"I’m personally of the opinion that a 10-year-old would be unable to understand the matter and thereby defend themselves against an adult,” comments Tolvanen.”

WTF?! She should have resisted harder? Perhaps she was leading him on? Oh, I forgot, we need to understand that he comes from a culture where this is normal. Also, 3 years for full-blown sexual intercourse with a 10 year old?

I am not disagreeing, I merely pointed out they did not rule it was permissible.
And fewer years in prison for offenses is common throughout the world. The U.S. has some of the longest sentences in the western world. Keep that in mind when thinking of other countries.
Personally, I would favor chemical castration for someone like this.

Well, looks like southern,white males just found a new vacation spot....

:dance:

It's nice to see that you have such a sense of humor when it comes to 10 years old being sexually assaulted by grown men.

He is not alone.

It is an increasingly common attitude among regressives who see their politically correct duty as serving Islam.
What in the world are you babbling about Cletus?
Cletus?

This isn't 1967, moron. It's 2018. Sweden has the highest incidence of rape in Europe.

I realize you are a stupid regressive who doesn't care, but some of us sympathize with the victims and not the perps.

The real reason our leftists think we should emulate Europe et al.

It's nice to see that you have such a sense of humor when it comes to 10 years old being sexually assaulted by grown men.

He is not alone.

It is an increasingly common attitude among regressives who see their politically correct duty as serving Islam.
Cletus?

This isn't 1967, moron. It's 2018. Sweden has the highest incidence of rape in Europe.

I realize you are a stupid regressive who doesn't care, but some of us sympathize with the victims and not the perps.
What, Cletus? Why are you accusing me of sympathizing with rapists? Are you high, son?

And be careful what you say, Cletus....you are going to convince all the gun nut faggots that Sweden doesn't need rape laws ..

Last edited:

Guess if you are from the south and marrying your cousin you are OK

He is not alone.

Cletus?

What, Cletus? Why are you accusing me of sympathizing with rapists? Are you high, son?

And be careful what you say, Cletus....you are going to convince all the gun nut faggots that Sweden doesn't need rape laws ..

So, I see you are completely irrational in addition to stupid and ignorant.

Duly noted.

He is not alone.

Cletus?

So, I see you are completely irrational in addition to stupid and ignorant.

Duly noted.
Irrational...how, Cletus? Why can't you articulate a single, simple point in the English language? And why can't you answer a simple question?

Oh, I get it...I embarrassed you that one time, and now you are going to follow me around, biting at my ankles.

Why are minors not considered incompetent in legal venues?

Forum List

Back