Finland: Several people stabbed in Turku, police say

Discussion in 'USMB Breaking News' started by shockedcanadian, Aug 18, 2017.

  1. depotoo
    Offline

    depotoo Gold Member

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2012
    Messages:
    21,134
    Thanks Received:
    4,547
    Trophy Points:
    280
    Ratings:
    +12,367
    ENGLISH

    L-S police @L_S_poliisi · 29s There are eight victims in the stapling. Two dead and six injured. #turku
     
  2. depotoo
    Offline

    depotoo Gold Member

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2012
    Messages:
    21,134
    Thanks Received:
    4,547
    Trophy Points:
    280
    Ratings:
    +12,367
    [​IMG]
    Finland 1 suspect after being shot, knife is on right side in front of policeman
    From the sun
     
  3. depotoo
    Offline

    depotoo Gold Member

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2012
    Messages:
    21,134
    Thanks Received:
    4,547
    Trophy Points:
    280
    Ratings:
    +12,367
    From the BBC, seems this terrorist attacked only women-

    Police in Finland say a knifeman who killed two people in the south-western city of Turku on Friday appeared to choose women as targets.

    They are treating the attack as a terrorist incident.

    The suspect, arrested after being shot by police, is an 18-year-old Moroccan. Four other Moroccans have been held.

    The two women stabbed to death were both Finnish. Eight people were also injured, among them a Briton, a Swede and an Italian.

    The ages of the casualties ranged from 15 to 67, police said, but gave no more details.

    PM Juha Sipila told a press conference that Finland had experienced a terror attack for the first time.

    'Asylum process'
    Police said in a statement: "The act had been investigated as murder, but during the night we received additional information which indicates that the criminal offences are now terrorist killings."

    They said the identity of the 18-year-old Moroccan was known, but they have not released it.

    At a later press briefing, they said the suspect had arrived in Finland in 2016 and had "been part of the asylum process".

    Crista Granroth, from the National Bureau of Investigation, said: "It seems that the suspect chose women as his targets, because the men who were wounded were injured when they tried to help, or prevent the attacks."

    She said six of the eight wounded people were women.
     

Share This Page