Finished, completed, over and done!

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
Got the story on my co-worker completed, submitted, thank goodness. You know how they say a doctor's the worst patient? Well a co-worker is the worst interview.

It was a lovely glowing account, made her cry reading it. I got over my raging fury and acted professionally and made it a tribute, which was the point anyway. I'll save the trashing for her OBITUARY, bwahahahaha.

Not really.

Interviewed her and 2 others, that makes the mandatory 3 sources for every story. Too many it gets cluttered, too few and it's not honest (besides being boring as hell).

I did it in one day, it's about 15 inches long, with pics. AND I went to a staff meeting (and took minutes) 120 miles away yesterday, and worked my cases today (3 walk ins, two intakes).

Pretty good, still haven't lost my touch. The expectation was 7-10 stories per week, plus the regular news crap, when I worked at that hell hole they called a newspaper before. We had people, seasoned reporters from back east, interview for jobs as reporters who when they learned what they were expected to write were like "WTF? I can't write 7-10 stories in a week!" Bye bye, losers!

I'm just a goddess. That's all there is to it.

Last edited:
I think the three sources rule an indispensible part of journalism.

Bob Woodward always sticks to this rule, even if some of the sources are imaginary.

• Banned
No comment.

Ok, I'll comment. I once did a front page story review on the second Pirates of the Caribbean. I didn't watch it. I got drunk and stayed home. I got up early, read reviews of it and imagined what it must have been like.

It was a great story, and funnier than shit. They took out my line about it being too bad that Johnny Depp and the other girl-boy were better looking women than the leading lady.

I was still a little buzzed at press time.

No comment.

Ok, I'll comment. I once did a front page story review on the second Pirates of the Caribbean. I didn't watch it. I got drunk and stayed home. I got up early, read reviews of it and imagined what it must have been like.

It was a great story, and funnier than shit. They took out my line about it being too bad that Johnny Depp and the other girl-boy were better looking women than the leading lady.

hahahaahahahahaha!

You crack me up sometimes Allie!

And yeah, the guy that was the Elf from Lord of the Rings is prettier than the girl from Pirates, you're right!
Now Johnny Depp,mmmmmmmmmm he just oozes sexuality.

No comment.

bwwwaaahahaha.gif

Well, mailing it in on an inconsequential movie pales in comparison to ...ohhh...shall we saaaayyy...making up military documents out of thin air. :lol:

• Banned
No comment.

bwwwaaahahaha.gif

Well, mailing it in on an inconsequential movie pales in comparison to ...ohhh...shall we saaaayyy...making up military documents out of thin air. :lol:

Yeah, it's the only story I've ever done that on and I felt horrible about it. Then. Now I could care less, it was assigned to me and I was in no way interested in standing in flipping line at night when I had babies at home.

I assigned quotes to friends of my sons, who also didn't attend, and who also thought it was funnier than shit. It's probably the only time they'll ever be in the paper on any page except the records pages...or on the front page for anything other than a sensational felony.

Not to worry Ms. Baba since William Randolph Hearst it has been a venerable American journalistic tradition to make stories up.

Yes, I know. I learned all about polls while a college student. I was assigned (there's a moral here...never assign writers SHIT) a story. The story was essentially to do a pansy ass poll on who the students at our local community college were voting for, and why.

I deliberately polled retards, who were incidentally on the Dean's list, as I was, who I KNEW didn't give a flying fuck what was being voted for.

I did my little poll, with my little quotes and numbers, thinking it would come out 3rd or 4th page, sort of an incidental. It came out front page, boxed, illustrating the ignorance of our college students. With a big pic.

Not exactly what I was aiming for, I was going for an easy story, I only worked for the paper 10 hours a week. But hey, the dean got his tighty whities all wadded up over it and wrote a VERY critical letter to the paper about it; I got a little party, everything was cool. But that's when I learned...polls mean nothing except what you want them to mean, and the press can make any story they write appear as truth.

In case you didn't catch it...because I polled people who I knew didn't care what was going on, but who I knew would give me a quote, and who belonged to important families in the community.

Forum List

Back