Fingers of Hostages Sent to U.S.

BrianH

Mar 10, 2008
Texas
I just read a story that fingers of 4 western hostages in Iraq were sent to the U.S. What do you guys think about that? Does it change anyone's mind about the people we're dealing with? Of course, the journalist getting his head, slowly sliced off on camera made up my mind a long time ago.

I just read a story that fingers of 4 western hostages in Iraq were sent to the U.S. What do you guys think about that? Does it change anyone's mind about the people we're dealing with? Of course, the journalist getting his head, slowly sliced off on camera made up my mind a long time ago.

And what "people" are we dealing with? about whom have you made up your mind.

Personally, I don't think it should any more make up your mind about "people" than Abu Ghraib should cause them to make up their minds about us. Funny how that works.

WOW.

you mean a sample doesn't represent the entire population?

o.0

It tells me that we had no business getting involved. Iraq had practically nothing to do with the war on terror. Saddam was not in bed with Osama. There were practically no WMD to speak of. Saddam was not Hitler. Saddam tried to take over the world nation-by-nation. Saddam had a skirmish with Iran and tried to take Kuwait. That was pretty much the extent of it. Isolation was working just fine. If you wander into a beehive, particularly one on someone else’s property, then you are probably going to get stung. Now that we are in this mess, we will probably continue to hear of things like this happening time and time again.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/03/11/iraq.main/index.html#cnnSTCText

Have you made your mid up about Iran too? Should we continue to, like Hitler, enforce our will on others militarily?

First of all, your statements don't make any sense in regards to my statements. Iran is a country, Americans (in Iraq) are not fighting Iraq as a country, they're fighting mostly foreign fighters (sure there are exceptions) and individual local factions. I never said that my mind was made up about Iraq, my mind is made up about Islamic Extemists no matter where they are, just like my mind is made up about radical christian groups. In addition, I never said that the U.S. was guiltless. It's funny how you all can assume because someone has made their mind up about something, then they havn't looked at all the angles.

I'll agree that our presence in Iraq was unnecessary and has drawn terrorists into that nation, however, it's the terrorist that I'm talking about when I made this post. If a terrorist cell in New York had cut peoples' fingers off I would have my made up in regards to that.

I suppose if we all come home and preach peace, then all of these terrorists will put down their guns and rejoice and say, "We love America!"
Don't hold your breath.

Regardless of whether or not the U.S. was right or wrong to go into Iraq. My statement was in regards to Radical Muslims who do this sort of thing.

You should really read the post and not respond in a haze of anger just because you disagree with the war. If you had all read the post carefully you would see that.

First of all, your statements don't make any sense in regards to my statements. Iran is a country, Americans (in Iraq) are not fighting Iraq as a country, they're fighting mostly foreign fighters (sure there are exceptions) and individual local factions. I never said that my mind was made up about Iraq, my mind is made up about Islamic Extemists no matter where they are, just like my mind is made up about radical christian groups. In addition, I never said that the U.S. was guiltless. It's funny how you all can assume because someone has made their mind up about something, then they havn't looked at all the angles.

I'll agree that our presence in Iraq was unnecessary and has drawn terrorists into that nation, however, it's the terrorist that I'm talking about when I made this post. If a terrorist cell in New York had cut peoples' fingers off I would have my made up in regards to that.

I suppose if we all come home and preach peace, then all of these terrorists will put down their guns and rejoice and say, "We love America!"
Don't hold your breath.

Regardless of whether or not the U.S. was right or wrong to go into Iraq. My statement was in regards to Radical Muslims who do this sort of thing.

You should really read the post and not respond in a haze of anger just because you disagree with the war. If you had all read the post carefully you would see that.
You are kidding right? Our acts of aggression against the Iraqi civilians has escalated this violence.

It is easy to sit back and curse the Muslims for their heinous acts in Iraq while ignoring our blatant and viscious acts of rape, murder, destruction and a complete disregard for the people and their culture.

Taomon, You're statement still does not address the issue that I posted. :cuckoo: My post, in no way, even mentioned anything you're talking about. Yes, most of us know everything that you're talking about (we're all educated people---most of us), but that's not what was posted.

First of all, you mention that its easy for me to "curse Muslims." It's obvious you've taken my words out of context. Did I say that "all" Muslims were this way? Of Course not; you either did not read the post carefully, or you view Muslims as a whole and are generalizing... so your attempt to take my words out of context is not working. (Nice try though :clap2: )

Second of all, the thread was not about our agression towards the Muslims, the thread was about recieving the severed fingers of hostages. And like I said before, if the fingers had been sent from a radical Christian group in Florida, I would have posted the same thing.

My question is not about whether we are "supposed" to be in Iraq, or that we've encroached on their country and their culture. It's about the "people" ISLAMIC TERRORISTS, or RADICAL MUSLIMS and their treatment of their captors.
--Yes I know what's next....yadda yadda yadda, Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo. But until you start seeing the soldiers beheading prisoners at Guantanamo on the internet, then you can make your accusations of our crimes (Granted, I'm sure it happens).Our torture of enemy combatants is not even close to the way they treat our prisoners. And if it is, you definately don't see it on the internet.

My point is, if you're going to reply to a thread, don't try to place words in the posters mouth. Just answer the question.

You are kidding right? Our acts of aggression against the Iraqi civilians has escalated this violence.

It is easy to sit back and curse the Muslims for their heinous acts in Iraq while ignoring our blatant and viscious acts of rape, murder, destruction and a complete disregard for the people and their culture.

What in the hell are you talking about? Are you serious a few soliders who torture a few prisoners equates to daily attacks on our troops and the Iraqi population the troops try to protect. Get a life. I am sick and tired of this yellow blooded crap.

Forum List

Back