Findng information on an inmate

High_Gravity

Belligerent Drunk
Nov 19, 2010
Richmond VA
I need to find out why someone is in prison, I know someone doing time at Wasco State penn up in California and I want to know why he is there, does anyone know how to go about finding out info on State prisoners?

You can try the state of California inmate locator.

I don't know how much information they give on each inmate, but all sentences are public records

Thank you I tried that, it only says the prison where he is located and admission date, I want to get nosy and find out the goods on why he is there.

I recently had the occasion to require the same info about a person in a county jail in Missouri. I simply called the jail and they told me everything I wanted to know. I was surprised.

I don't know how much information they give on each inmate, but all sentences are public records

Thank you I tried that, it only says the prison where he is located and admission date, I want to get nosy and find out the goods on why he is there.

I recently had the occasion to require the same info about a person in a county jail in Missouri. I simply called the jail and they told me everything I wanted to know. I was surprised.

I will give that a try but there is difference between finding out info on someone in the county jail and if they are doing time in a state or federal prison.

If you know where he was convicted (county) then you can request that information from the court.

You might have to pay something for the copy/service but it's not much.

And most courts these days actually have a computer set up in the office where you can search records on people...I found out some very interesting stuff about my ex using that computer; I learned about it as a reporter, when I was sent there weekly to pick up information...

New Topics

Forum List

Back