Finding money to pay college bills out of pocket

lainnemaurer

Rookie
May 26, 2014
An Abney Associates Ameriprise Financial Advisor - You've saved for your child's college education through the years, helped your child research schools, and supervised the application process. Now, thankfully, your child is in college. But you probably can't disappear just yet--there are still bills to pay. Maybe you underestimated exactly how much financial aid would cover. Or perhaps you knew all along that you'd have to use some of your own resources or take out more loans. In any case, you'll need to come up with some money soon. So where should you look?

Seems it's getting like the 1930's, where usually only the wealthy could go to college. In the mid 60's, university of california cost for a year was a couple thousand that included living on campus. Now parking can be $500 a semester.

Last edited:
get a dirty job or learn a trade . Car mechanics at Honda , etc , etc do pretty well . The top mechanics know how to troubleshoot electrical and electronics as well as how to change a tire . Just a thought !! A kid that really wants to go to college will go to college one way or the other . In my opinion , I would never get involved in borrowing big money for me to go to college .

Forum List

Back