Finally!

Darkwind

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2009
The second season of The Shanarra Chronicles has come out. Up to 10 episodes.

I was really thinking that they had canceled this one.

The second season of The Shanarra Chronicles has come out. Up to 10 episodes.

I was really thinking that they had canceled this one.
finally?

I've been watching it for the last month

Terry brooks? I read the series as a kid, and loved it! Where can I watch it on the net?

Terry brooks? I read the series as a kid, and loved it! Where can I watch it on the net?

Two of my sons read the series when they were boys.

I don't know anything about the books. I presume they are something akin to what Tolkien's books were to my generation....

Maybe I'll watch a bit of the TV series to find out what the stories are about....

I don't know anything about the books. I presume they are something akin to what Tolkien's books were to my generation....

Maybe I'll watch a bit of the TV series to find out what the stories are about....
If you're interested in starting them, start with the first, Magic Kingdom---for sale

The Shannara Chronicles - Wikipedia

I read most of the books years ago and I was hooked on the first season when it came out. I rarely watch tv, but when I do see a good series, have the bad habit of binge watching. So, I've been waiting for this season for nearly two years.

The same can be said for season 4 of 12 monkeys. I'm still waiting for that one.

If you're interested in starting them, start with the first, Magic Kingdom---for sale
I wonder how they pulled off Abernathy...

I wonder how they pulled off Abernathy...
no idea

Didn't any g'home g'nomes either

Ill have to find a way to watch these. With my laptop down; I'm stuck using my phone, and an XBox1 for internet...
I hope they didn't ruin the story, like they did with Terry Goodkinds work, when they tried to syndicate Wizards First Rule...

I read most of the books years ago and I was hooked on the first season when it came out. I rarely watch tv, but when I do see a good series, have the bad habit of binge watching. So, I've been waiting for this season for nearly two years.

The same can be said for season 4 of 12 monkeys. I'm still waiting for that one.
12 monkeys
I watched the first season of 12 Monkeys and have DVR'd those that followed. I have yet to watch the ones I've recorded.

12 monkeys
I watched the first season of 12 Monkeys and have DVR'd those that followed. I have yet to watch the ones I've recorded.
I liked them. But then, I'm a sucker for good time paradox shows and 12 Monkeys does one of the best jobs I've seen of making sure they close all the holes.

Ill have to find a way to watch these. With my laptop down; I'm stuck using my phone, and an XBox1 for internet...
I hope they didn't ruin the story, like they did with Terry Goodkinds work, when they tried to syndicate Wizards First Rule...
That sucks.

12 monkeys
I liked them. But then, I'm a sucker for good time paradox shows and 12 Monkeys does one of the best jobs I've seen of making sure they close all the holes.
If I'm honest, I can't say I watch entertainment television shows (episodic programs) closely enough to notice the "holes." LOL If a show holds my attention as entertainment, I'm fine with it. For that, Mythbusters, America: Fact vs. Fiction, The Artful Detective (Murdoch Mysteries), Scandal, or How To Get Away with Murder, is just as appealing as is 12 Monkeys.

12 monkeys
If I'm honest, I can't say I watch entertainment television shows (episodic programs) closely enough to notice the "holes." LOL If a show holds my attention as entertainment, I'm fine with it. For that, Mythbusters, America: Fact vs. Fiction, The Artful Detective (Murdoch Mysteries), Scandal, or How To Get Away with Murder, is just as appealing as is 12 Monkeys.
I probably need to at least partially amend my statement above.

I just watched an episode of Versailles and thinking about it as well as other historical fiction series I've watched, I do notice what appear to be gaps, and I in turn do a quick Google search to determine whether "something" I just saw was indeed what or how things happened or whether the depiction derives from "poetic" licence. Of course, the only reason I "notice" is because I know enough about the details of European and American history to suspect something didn't quite happen "that way," and yet I know not enough to know that it didn't happen "that way." The Internet, brought to me via a Google search, is a fine tool for both expanding and refining the limits of what I do and don't know, and therein is one of the things I like about shows based on historical events and figures.

That said, for science fiction/fantasy series, I stand by what I earlier asserted.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back