Finally!! UN votes for No Fly Zone!!

I am watching Hillary tell us why we didn't need to mess with Qaddafi, that is she hasn't come with bupkas....she says yea he gave up his nuclear aspirations in 2005 but you know, hes been a bad boy since then, she didn't elaborate on what a 'bad boy' is exactly.....now shes lauding the historic importance of the arab leagues cooperation etc etc....what a mess.

I am waiting for someone to ask THE question- what about Bahrain and Yemen? or say Burma a year and a half ago?

and her words; " we didn't lead, we did not engage in unilateral actions in any way but we sppt. the intl. comm. and the arab league...as they take action against Qadaffi".

my god, what a dolt.

I am waiting for someone to ask THE question- what about Bahrain and Yemen....what happened with say, Burma?

Apparently according to cnn, french aircraft have fired on Qaddafi ground forces?:eusa_eh:

Sarkozy said his country's air force was ready to attack Gaddafi's tanks and planes to defend the people of Benghazi: "Our planes are already preventing air attacks on the city."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/mar/19/french-planes-enter-libya

soooo, the no fly zone isn't a no fly zone, unless the English language has changed...

Definitions of No-fly zone on the Web:

* A no-fly zone is a territory over which aircraft are not permitted to fly. Such zones are usually set up in a military context, somewhat like a demilitarized zone in the sky.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No-fly_zone

* an airspace in which aircraft, especially military aircraft, are forbidden to fly
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/no-fly_zone

* An area in which designated aircraft are not allowed to operate. President Bush and a number of Darfur advocacy groups have called for enforcing a no-fly zone over the Darfur region to curtail Sudanese air force attacks on civilians.
www.darfurdreamteam.org/content/sudan-glossary

Last edited:
I think everyone can see that the US is now acting with UN resolutions and not unilaterally. Obama has handled this well. Oh, and we won't be paying a Trillion dollars to look for WMD that are not there.
What unilateral action did Bush take? The actions he took were backed by the UN, the Congress and supported by a coalition of 34 nations.

the Enterprise carrier grp. sent into the Med over a week ago, via Suez, is now heading back out to the Persian gulf, they won't be involved in the 'issue'.

I think everyone can see that the US is now acting with UN resolutions and not unilaterally. Obama has handled this well. Oh, and we won't be paying a Trillion dollars to look for WMD that are not there.

well hell, I am glad the UN approves.....

War Powers Resolution of 1973
Public Law 93-148
93rd Congress, H. J. Res. 542
November 7, 1973

War Powers Resolution of 1973

:eusa_whistle:

What unilateral action did Bush take? The actions he took were backed by the UN, the Congress and supported by a coalition of 34 nations.

thats not the same.

Forum List

Back