Finally!! UN votes for No Fly Zone!!

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
UN to Authorize Strikes in Libya; Gadhafi Vows Offensive - ABC News

U.S. officials say the authorization will be used by a coalition of nations, including Arab countries, France and Great Britain, to bomb military targets inside Libya. The French prime minister said today that military action could come within hours of a UN vote, according to The Associated Press.

With attacks likely imminent, Gadhafi addressed the rebels on state television, warning them, "We will find you."

Last edited:
This is an excellent example of the complete and utter lack of effectiveness of UN Group Think Diplomacy.

It's FRELLING TOO LATE.

Kadaffi has nearly crushed the rebellion.

Where was America?

It is a race to get US fighters there before Qadaffi kills the last rebel (it really is). The rebels are trying to hold on long enough for US jets to get there, and it is even money.

Q is POUNDING them from the air right now. I expect the US to begin bombing the shit out of Q's forces within 3-4 hours, whether the conflict is over or not.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Congressional officials say the Obama administration is readying plans to participate in a no-fly zone in Libya with the help of Arab countries in anticipation of a United Nations Security Council resolution.

These officials said Thursday they expected the effort to enforce a no-fly zone and ground Moammar Gadhafi's air force could begin within a few days if the UN takes action by day's end.

They spoke after a briefing for members of the Senate.

One official said Jordan, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates were among possible participants, in a showing designed to demonstrate that the effort to aid anti-Gadhafi rebels had support from other countries in the region.

The Associated Press: Officials say US readying for no fly Zone in Libya

Could begin within a FEW DAYS?

The rebels could be flattened long before then.

Obama dithers, they die. Even Hillary is fed up.

Fed up with a president “who can’t make his mind up” as Libyan rebels are on the brink of defeat, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is looking to the exits.

At the tail end of her mission to bolster the Libyan opposition, which has suffered days of losses to Col. Moammar Gadhafi’s forces, Clinton announced that she’s done with Obama after 2012 — even if he wins again.

“Obviously, she’s not happy with dealing with a president who can’t decide if today is Tuesday or Wednesday, who can’t make his mind up,” a Clinton insider told The Daily. “She’s exhausted, tired.”...

OH, HILL NO - WWW.THEDAILY.COM

Sadly...it appears to be too late.
The citizens have retreated and anyone with knowledge of ones mind in a military arena, once you feel defeated, it is quite difficult to get the will to surge ahead again.
Especially when there is live ammo involved.

They have as yet imposed nothing. They have adopted a no fly zone.

I gotta tell you , the ineptitude here is over the top. Gadaffi is outside Benghazi. The process was what counted not the policy and the facts on the ground.

If they are not to going to start right now, and I mean right now, well it was all for naught and even then....... If Gadaffi moves his troops right up to Benghazi then what? We don't have FO's on the ground to coordinate pinpoint strikes and we don't even drop Danger Close to our own troops. Collateral damage? They may force a cease fire and minus any on the ground force, what does that accomplish? How long are we going to do this? So we will carve out a safe zone? then what?

If this doesn't work and I don't think it will, its means we are saddled as part of the actionable failure.

Regime change, booyah!:lol::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Cruise missles will be taking out his ground control, probably within the next two hours. His airforce will soon become a salvage yard.

They have as yet imposed nothing. They have adopted a no fly zone.

I gotta tell you , the ineptitude here is over the top. Gadaffi is outside Benghazi. The process was what counted not the policy and the facts on the ground.

If they are not to going to start right now, and I mean right now, well it was all for nought. If Gadaffi moves his troops right up to Benghazi then what? We don't have FO's on the ground to coordinate pinpoint strikes and we don't even drop Danger Close to our own troops. Collateral damage? They may force a cease fire and minus any on the ground force, what does that accomplish? How long are we going to do this? So we will carve out a safe zone? then what?

If this doesn't work and I don't think it will, its means we are saddled as part of the actionable failure.

He is 160 kilometers from the Rebel stronghold. He can be slowed and then stopped. The rebels will gain much fortitude after the first Gadaffi jet comes down. It is late, but the tide will quickly turn....IMHO

I doubt that Obama has the fierce sense of moral urgency to launch cruise missiles in two hours.

UN to Authorize Strikes in Libya; Gadhafi Vows Offensive - ABC News

U.S. officials say the authorization will be used by a coalition of nations, including Arab countries, France and Great Britain, to bomb military targets inside Libya. The French prime minister said today that military action could come within hours of a UN vote, according to The Associated Press.

With attacks likely imminent, Gadhafi addressed the rebels on state television, warning them, "We will find you."

Likely imminent? They are either likely, or imminent... but not likely imminent.

This isn't an attack on Qadaffi.

It is an attack on Obama's slumping approval ratings.

New Topics

Forum List

Back