Finally: Top U.S. Marine rejects Obamas Plan to Repeal Ban on Gays in Military

Jan 17, 2010
Mississippi
Finally a man with some pure American guts has the courage to speak out and reject this travesty of a plan that will demoralize the Military. I agree with him on opposing the repeal on lifting the ban. The military is not a social justice program.

We don't need a Military Force of soldiers acting like this do we?
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol5Dfs7jqFI[/ame]

General%20James%20Conway.jpg

Top US Marine rejects Obama plan to repeal gay ban

The head of the US Marines said on Thursday he opposed ending the ban on gays serving openly in the military, the first top officer to break openly with President Barack Obama over the issue.

General James Conway told the Senate Armed Services Committee that he disagreed with Obama's plan to repeal the ban.

"My best military advice to this committee, to the (defense) secretary, and to the president would be to keep the law such as it is."
Conway said the current policy worked and any bid to lift the ban should answer the question: "do we somehow enhance the war fighting capabilities of the United States Marine Corps by allowing homosexuals to openly serve?"
----
The chiefs of the US Army and Air Force also expressed doubts about lifting the ban at congressional hearings this week, saying they were concerned about putting the military under further strain in the midst of two wars.

Last edited:
Finally a man with some pure American guts has the courage to speak out and reject this travesty of a plan that will demoralize the Military. I agree with him on opposing the repeal on lifting the ban. The military is not a social justice program.

YouTube - Monty Python's Military Fairy

The head of the US Marines said on Thursday he opposed ending the ban on gays serving openly in the military, the first top officer to break openly with President Barack Obama over the issue.

General James Conway told the Senate Armed Services Committee that he disagreed with Obama's plan to repeal the ban.

"My best military advice to this committee, to the (defense) secretary, and to the president would be to keep the law such as it is."
Conway said the current policy worked and any bid to lift the ban should answer the question: "do we somehow enhance the war fighting capabilities of the United States Marine Corps by allowing homosexuals to openly serve?"
----
The chiefs of the US Army and Air Force also expressed doubts about lifting the ban at congressional hearings this week, saying they were concerned about putting the military under further strain in the midst of two wars.

Your information is wrong:
1. Conway stated he wanted an immediate freeze on all firings of openly homosexual soldiers in Marines and all service branches.
2. He supported the 1 year study to be conducted.
3. He cautioned about ANY changes to the military with two wars going on.

I agree with the Marine 100%.

NO where anywhere did he state he objected to lifting the ban.

----

Your information is wrong:
1. Conway stated he wanted an immediate freeze on all firings of openly homosexual soldiers in Marines and all service branches.
2. He supported the 1 year study to be conducted.
3. He cautioned about ANY changes to the military with two wars going on.

I agree with the Marine 100%.

NO where anywhere did he state he objected to lifting the ban.

Look..Its a done deal.

Gays will be allowed to openly serve in the military. Just like in every other facet of society. The sky is falling predictions will prove to be wrong. Just like they were wrong when they predicted:

- Allowing an integrated armed forces will destroy combat effectiveness. Whites cannot serve alongside blacks. They even made the same arguments about having to shower together

- Allowing women to serve alongside men would destroy combat effectiveness. We are no looking to expand the roles women can play in combat

Travesty my ass you homophobic piece of shit. I'd rather have a gay man the military than some hateful bigot moron like yourself representing and protecting this country.

Doesn't the military teach you to respect the chain of command, and here you are comending someone breaking it

----

LOL....too late. I know many Gay Marines and Gay Former Marines.

not fair, he posted a legitimate article with a legitimate point of view albeit the opposite of the views of many here. so try to refrain from commenting on the desire for"civil" debate when what you really want is obvious submission to your point of view. sigh.

A USAF friend of mine thinks this is a bad idea. If he had a gay son who wanted to serve, he would tell him to keep his mouth shut, no matter what.

A USAF friend of mine thinks this is a bad idea. If he had a gay son who wanted to serve, he would tell him to keep his mouth shut, no matter what.

And I have friends (more than one) in the military who do not care one way or another....my friends (plural) trump your one friend. ;)
Most don't. But they are not the ones one needs to worry about.

I don't really care one way or the other, but I DO care about the time and money the government will need to spend to make this happen. Just what this country needs - more government spending. And that's spending that will create close to no jobs and no product. And that's idiotic, IMO.

Gay or not it is always a good idea not to sling the thing around too much in the showers.

That is asking for trouble.

Before Don't Ask, Don't Tell, didn't the military actively try to find gays in the ranks and upon so, dishonorably discharged them? If so, won't repealing DADT take us back to that again? Can gays trust Obama? I mean, he was against gay marriage, right? Not exactly what you'd call a friend.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back