Finally the Republican plan for jobs - Revealed.

The mathematical reality is that the GOP agenda is to eliminate hundreds of thousands of jobs by taking away the funding that sustains those jobs.

They are not just government jobs. They are private sector jobs as well.

No elimination of government funding can occur without job elimination.

This reality is of course why the GOP is generally so mealy mouthed about the whole issue...

...they don't dare run on the simple truth, which is that in order to balance the budget without any tax increases,

you HAVE to put hundreds of thousands of Americans out of work.

and? my emphasis....

one more time-

sorry no sale, when you spend way ahead of inflation and pop. growth sans some catastrophic requirement you raise expectations beyond the bar at which it is monetarily feasible to provide and yes people get used to the raised bar and whine when the bar is leveled down to its appropriate place.

you cannot provide everything to everyone...no matter how hard you try but try they do and here we are.

it is what it is, transfer payments to pay for jobs in the gov. state or fed. that are not required or yield no net plus need to go.

The golden age of America is past folks, it is downhill from there for at least 20-30 years.
The only question is how far downhill we go.

no, I am not sure of that; china despite its vaunted industrial capacity purely in the manufacturing sector has issues, they have social issues that will in say, oh, 15 years max, push all encompassing public health issues hand in hand with pop. issues, India will swing up and all that aside, there is a war coming.
A big one and it will if it worked out like that last big one, level playing most fields again and provide the usual respite and advantage it bestows upon the winners whose industrial base stays relatively intact and whose infrastructure survives best.

the USA no longer has a large enough industrial base on it's own to fight a prolonged major war.
China is gonna eat our lunch, and mostly already has. yes they have their problems and more upcoming, but they are a different culture than we are and will perservere much better than the spoiled lazy American culture will.
Pretty much the same for India.

And in spitte of what anyone says govt spending does create and maintain jobs.
Govt spending was what delayed reality becoming more apparent during the bush years.

We have gone over the tipping point on the sustainability in that area however and will pay the price for that for decades.

Last edited:
the USA no longer has a large enough industrial base on it's own to fight a prolonged major war.
China is gonna eat our lunch, and mostly already has. yes they have their problems and more upcoming, but they are a different culture than we are and will perservere much better than the spoiled lazy American culture will.

Govt spending was what delayed reality becoming more apparent during the bush years.

We have gone over the tipping point on the sustainability in that area however and will pay the price for that for decades.

I agree with most of this yet I am not that pessimistic. You know what really drives me crazy..that we gave up on the space race. Yeah..that might sound a little ridiculous..but it's no more ridiculous then funding the ludicrious wars we've had seen landing a man on the moon. And with far less expenditure, the US space agency is doing some amazing things. We've recently put a satellite in orbit around Mercury. And the pictures are incredible.

By this time I thought we'd had have a moon colony and been working on manned flights to mars. It's frustrating as hell that we aren't more focused on that.

The mathematical reality is that the GOP agenda is to eliminate hundreds of thousands of jobs by taking away the funding that sustains those jobs.

This reality is of course why the GOP is generally so mealy mouthed about the whole issue...

...they don't dare run on the simple truth, which is that in order to balance the budget without any tax increases,

and? my emphasis....

one more time-

sorry no sale, when you spend way ahead of inflation and pop. growth sans some catastrophic requirement you raise expectations beyond the bar at which it is monetarily feasible to provide and yes people get used to the raised bar and whine when the bar is leveled down to its appropriate place.

you cannot provide everything to everyone...no matter how hard you try but try they do and here we are.

it is what it is, transfer payments to pay for jobs in the gov. state or fed. that are not required or yield no net plus need to go.

So we agree that the GOP agenda (at least those on the fiscal hawk side) is a massive job elimination program (and without arguing the merits of that)

BUT, the GOP is not being honest about that. Nor are most conservatives on this board.

No one wants to admit that fiscal responsibility/austerity - especially without any increased taxation -

is the formula for hundreds of thousands of layoffs...

...with no plan or prospect to see those people finding work elsewhere.

The golden age of America is past folks, it is downhill from there for at least 20-30 years.
The only question is how far downhill we go.

no, I am not sure of that; china despite its vaunted industrial capacity purely in the manufacturing sector has issues, they have social issues that will in say, oh, 15 years max, push all encompassing public health issues hand in hand with pop. issues, India will swing up and all that aside, there is a war coming.
A big one and it will if it worked out like that last big one, level playing most fields again and provide the usual respite and advantage it bestows upon the winners whose industrial base stays relatively intact and whose infrastructure survives best.

I disagree a command economy and the social structure that is beholden to it can churn out goods for war but that is not the final arbiter.

perseverance is a loaded term here, they can persevere in the general malaise with upticks for a small fraction of those that are lucky enough to have a 30 cents an hour job, or have climbed into a sliver of the middle class, and that that the majority have come to expect and which may revisit them all again, you cannot account for the lack of entrepreneurial freedom that lifts other nations above those types of gov. structures, so I disagree, look it won't be easy but, in the end, I think we will all told end up better than they will.

I think I just said that, twice. ;)

I have to disagree, Obama is controlled by the same big money/power interests as Bush was on economic issues.
I did nope that Obama had balls enough to be his own man. But in anycase it would have been useless any since congress is all bought/rented by big money anyway.

There's the poetry of campaigning and the prose of governing coming at ya.

President Obama, in terms of ground breaking legislation, has been one of the most successful Presidents in recent history. But given the nature of our present system, and it's collusion with private industry..that comes with a price.

Is President Obama a "tool"? Sure. As much a "tool" as Clinton was. But they make "baby" steps toward economic parity for the displaced. Neither were or are an FDR..but it's a heck of a lot better then say Reagan or GW Bush in that regard.

Reagan was actually better at that than either Bush. But his was a very deceptice presidency. Tax cuts that were actually increases, etc

Dunno about that.

I thought the first President Bush was actually a good President. Very pragmatic..but not well liked. He was a genius at statecraft..and knew the neighborhood in terms of worldwide politics.

and? my emphasis....

one more time-

So we agree that the GOP agenda (at least those on the fiscal hawk side) is a massive job elimination program (and without arguing the merits of that)

I agree that the spending cuts the reps want and the tea party (there ya got some read meat;)), will cause the elimination of jobs.

the merits of what? that less gov. spending on prgms will have a trickle down effect ( more red meat for you) that will cause lay offs and job elimination? Is this a secret? you are apparently upset they don't lead with that? please, if we are going to talk lets talk if you're going to try and score useless points by applying a yardstick you yourself won't apply to your side of the number line, we won't go anywhere, so no, they won't come out and say hey we are gonna get you fired:rolleyes:...

BUT, the GOP is not being honest about that. Nor are most conservatives on this board.

you just heard it from me, take off your shawl...

No one wants to admit that fiscal responsibility/austerity - especially without any increased taxation -

no, you see you just read right past or refuse to understand what I said and UScitzen alluded to as well.

one more time-

now, if you think that gov. should pay for jobs simply because they can because they can TAX the people to pay for them absent any sensible yardstick, well, thats a philosophical breach we will never bridge.

There has to be a yardstick, we have over spent over-hired and have given people that which is unsustainable, and thats ALL of them, this is NOT a partisan issue in this context.

that right. and so what?

who protected me? Why on gods green earth do you think its gov.'s job to give you and keep you at a job?

Last edited:
and? my emphasis....

one more time-

I agree that the spending cuts the reps want and the tea party (there ya got some read meat;)), will cause the elimination of jobs.

the merits of what? that less gov. spending on prgms will have a trickle down effect ( more red meat for you) that will cause lay offs and job elimination? Is this a secret? you are apparently upset they don't lead with that? please, if we are going to talk lets talk if you're going to try and score useless points by applying a yardstick you yourself won't apply to your side of the number line, we won't go anywhere, so no, they won't come out and say hey we are gonna get you fired:rolleyes:...

no, you see you just read right past or refuse to understand what I said and UScitzen alluded to as well.

one more time-

now, if you think that gov. should pay for jobs simply because they can because they can TAX the people to pay for them absent any sensible yardstick, well, thats a philosophical breach we will never bridge.

There has to be a yardstick, we have over spent over-hired and have given people that which is unsustainable, and thats ALL of them, this is NOT a partisan issue in this context.

that right. and so what?

who protected me? Why on gods green earth do you think its gov.'s job to give you and keep you at a job?

How many times would I have to say I am not arguing the merits of the spending cuts before you would get it through your skull?

I am arguing the blatant dishonesty of the GOP.

I disagree a command economy and the social structure that is beholden to it can churn out goods for war but that is not the final arbiter.

Our industrial bas is the only reason the Axis powers were defeated in WW2.

one more time-

that right. and so what?

How many times would I have to say I am not arguing the merits of the spending cuts before you would get it through your skull?

I am arguing the blatant dishonesty of the GOP.

And that's what it is.

They want to lower wages on highly skill workers? Well that is special. How about the debt accrued from getting those skills..they wanna lower that too? How about the cost of living? They wanna cut that? They want to cut the cost of raising kids? Of food? Of energy?

It's amazing.

People, people, people.
How can you exepct an economic recovery in a country which 70% depends on consumer spending where everyone is pretty much spending all the money they have coming in without raising prices?

Forum List

Back