Finally got a pic of Mylo!

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
And it's not easy to do that...she's in constant movement, doesn't like to look at cameras...

075t.jpg

• Banned
Oh crap, lol. That's not mylo..sorry, on image shack I can only see a corner of the pic...give me a sec...

• Banned
She crazy, I tell you what, lol.

Now she has a piece of cheat in her ear, I think...I'm going to have to take her to the vet and they're going to have to dig it out, not looking forward to that...

• Banned
Mylo's crazy, I mean, not my daughter...

It's hard to take a picture without my girl in it, lol.

• Banned
Thanks guys..no, we haven't got any vampires atall! And very few of anything else...she's pretty murderous, haha.

She crazy, I tell you what, lol.

Now she has a piece of cheat in her ear, I think...I'm going to have to take her to the vet and they're going to have to dig it out, not looking forward to that...

You take your daughter to the vet?

Ok...oops...must have ment mylo

I didn't used to like terriers either...but my daughter is a human terrier, and we needed something that could keep up with her and keep her in line, without killing her!

Mylo fit the bill and we LOVE her! She's completely nuts!

Thanks for the kind words...

I ordered a backpack for Mylo..I hope it will distract her when we go for walks. I took her out the other night, with Mylo, mastering the walk, walking with my pack, all that..

Well she managed to wiggle out of her harness, though I caught her before she rocketed over towards the dogs she was flipping out at. And at the same time she was flipping out, Klaus started flipping out, and they are VERY difficult to control together.

HOWEVER, I did manage to grab her up, get her away from the stimuli, and get the harness back on her...then we went home and I put Klaus' choke collar on her. She can't get out of that, but I worry about her trachea. I'm going to get one of those .99 slip collars that Millan uses, and use that or a prong collar for her. I don't need pain or choking, I just need to be able to restrain her and keep her from getting off leash. The choke worked very, very well, but she was rattling with it against her throat. She didn't bark once though! She couldn't, of course, but still...

Anyway, I ordered a backpack for her...cesar says that it gives this type of dog something to do and distracts them. Plus it tires them out more.

BlueBackpack-147x112.jpg

Here is what I have figured out...training Klaus is going to be impossible to do effectively if I don't have Mylo under control. He looks to Mylo, and Mylo is a little nutty and not very obedient. So while it's important that I keep working on Klaus with the word commands, it's even MORE important that I work on Mylo so Klaus can SEE and model her behavior. Because that's exactly what he does, is model her behavior. When she flips out, so does he. When she's under control, he lays down and takes a nap.

I ordered a backpack for Mylo..I hope it will distract her when we go for walks. I took her out the other night, with Mylo, mastering the walk, walking with my pack, all that..

Well she managed to wiggle out of her harness, though I caught her before she rocketed over towards the dogs she was flipping out at. And at the same time she was flipping out, Klaus started flipping out, and they are VERY difficult to control together.

HOWEVER, I did manage to grab her up, get her away from the stimuli, and get the harness back on her...then we went home and I put Klaus' choke collar on her. She can't get out of that, but I worry about her trachea. I'm going to get one of those .99 slip collars that Millan uses, and use that or a prong collar for her. I don't need pain or choking, I just need to be able to restrain her and keep her from getting off leash. The choke worked very, very well, but she was rattling with it against her throat. She didn't bark once though! She couldn't, of course, but still...

Anyway, I ordered a backpack for her...cesar says that it gives this type of dog something to do and distracts them. Plus it tires them out more.

BlueBackpack-147x112.jpg

Here is what I have figured out...training Klaus is going to be impossible to do effectively if I don't have Mylo under control. He looks to Mylo, and Mylo is a little nutty and not very obedient. So while it's important that I keep working on Klaus with the word commands, it's even MORE important that I work on Mylo so Klaus can SEE and model her behavior. Because that's exactly what he does, is model her behavior. When she flips out, so does he. When she's under control, he lays down and takes a nap.
two words.

"Gentle Leader" It kept my 150lbs mastiff from pulling.

They pull, they go nose first into the ground. Works wonders.

I've heard about that.

Klaus doesn't pull except when we've got Mylo with us. He didn't bark or pull once when we were camping. I led him everywhere with two fingers, and there were dogs all over the place.

But Mylo is in that zone and she puts him there.

Have I seen pics of your mastiffs??????
I don't think so. but you might have.

We had to put Daisy down 2 years ago. Now that I'm in apartments, finding one that would let me get one, and also afford to keep one on a single income... well... not so easy. So I'm waiting for my next opportunity.

6440_1200109078806_1110906740_30604912_3782619_n.jpg

Just so you know, that's a full size sofa she's taking up most of, curled up. It was her favorite chair and blanket at "Gwumma's" house.

I've heard about that.

Klaus doesn't pull except when we've got Mylo with us. He didn't bark or pull once when we were camping. I led him everywhere with two fingers, and there were dogs all over the place.

But Mylo is in that zone and she puts him there.
Get em both one. Works great on small dogs too. They go charging, bam, nose into ground they stop. Eyes come off the target and a discipline instinct of nose being pulled down calms them. Works great, but if your dog is strong willed, they'll hate being bridled like that.

Forum List

Back