Finally, Florida Drug Test People On Welfare

I probably wouldn'y even test for stuff like Pot and maybe E. My target would be Coke/Crack Heroin and Meth. Those are the ones that basically take over your life and make you a worthless wastoid, and are also the 3 most common. Maybe add PCP and LSD but the "big three" are the biggest problem

If you are going to test welfare recipients for drugs you have to go for the whole 9, you can't single out people who do coke and heroin but let people who smoke weed and do X get a pass.

Why can't you pick and choose which drugs to test for?

What exactly is the point of the testing in the first place? Is it simply a check for possible illegal activity? Is it because of concern for what the money is spent on? Is it concern for the children of parents receiving welfare? The reasoning behind the tests could influence what drugs to test for, as could the costs involved.

My concern is the tax dollars is being spent on drugs and not what it's intended for. My concern is that the money IS to help the children, and if it's not then it's welfare fraud.
All drugs cost money and shouldn't be coming from a welfare check.

If you are going to test welfare recipients for drugs you have to go for the whole 9, you can't single out people who do coke and heroin but let people who smoke weed and do X get a pass.

What exactly is the point of the testing in the first place? Is it simply a check for possible illegal activity? Is it because of concern for what the money is spent on? Is it concern for the children of parents receiving welfare? The reasoning behind the tests could influence what drugs to test for, as could the costs involved.

My concern is the tax dollars is being spent on drugs and not what it's intended for. My concern is that the money IS to help the children, and if it's not then it's welfare fraud.

My primary concern would be the recipient needing the help permanently. I would also worry about too much austerity being detrimental to getting them off the dole.

The concern is drugs that lead to a complete loss of societal function, as well as spiraling dependence, again resulting in no improvement in thier situation.

Letting someone have a couple of beers or a joint hit, as long as they work towards getting off the dole is not an issue. Drugs like Heroin and meth are far more difficult to use recreationally.

Again, the overall goal is getting the person back to being a contributing member of society.

My primary concern would be the recipient needing the help permanently. I would also worry about too much austerity being detrimental to getting them off the dole.

The concern is drugs that lead to a complete loss of societal function, as well as spiraling dependence, again resulting in no improvement in thier situation.

Letting someone have a couple of beers or a joint hit, as long as they work towards getting off the dole is not an issue. Drugs like Heroin and meth are far more difficult to use recreationally.

Again, the overall goal is getting the person back to being a contributing member of society.

I don't feel that taxpayers money should be spent where it wasn't intended. I hear what your saying, but the fact is that the designated money wasn't for a joint, it was for family expenditures.

I don't feel that taxpayers money should be spent where it wasn't intended. I hear what your saying, but the fact is that the designated money wasn't for a joint, it was for family expenditures.

Nothing wrong with that position. It should be up to the state via the legislature to set the rules for public assitance. Welfare should not be a carte blanche to buy whatever you want, I do agree on that.

I seriously doubt that there are many, if any, welfare recipients on meth or heroin. They are more likely to be homeless or mooching off their friends and worrying about their next fix instead of doing the paperwork required to receive food stamps.

Again?

Ahh.. well, these drug-test threads are good for pulling the mask off the phony libertarians, if nothing else.

I seriously doubt that there are many, if any, welfare recipients on meth or heroin. They are more likely to be homeless or mooching off their friends and worrying about their next fix instead of doing the paperwork required to receive food stamps.
You havent been to Fla then. I live 3 miles from the FL /GA border and its very much prevalent in the housing projects that get welfare and food stamps. Its all over the news.

Again?

Ahh.. well, these drug-test threads are good for pulling the mask off the phony libertarians, if nothing else.

Actually, it's not pulling the mask off anyone. It's targeting where the welfare money a person gets is to be spendt. Our tax dollars that a person gets shouldn't be spent on drugs, it was never meant to pay for a a habit like that.

If there wasn't a problem, then this would be a non issue and no bill would have been passed, IMO.

Glad to finally see some common sense being applied for those who want Welfare

The Republican governor of Florida has just signed a bill into law that will require recipients of welfare to take a drug test when applying for aid. The law went into effect on July 1, and requires applicants to pay for the test. If an applicant tests positive for drugs, a family member can receive their benefits to distribute to any dependent children. If welfare recipients pass, they can apply to have the cost of the drug test reimbursed.
New Florida Law Requires Drug Testing for Welfare Recipients | The Atlanta Post

Thank you for admitting you right wing slime LOVE intrusive, overbearing and BIG government.

If there wasn't a problem, then this would be a non issue and no bill would have been passed, IMO.

LOL! Of course it would be passed, issue or not. It's called pandering. What it is is wasting taxpayer money to stab at poor people to earn the votes of the rightwingloons.

The Republican governor of Florida has just signed a bill into law that will require recipients of welfare to take a drug test when applying for aid. The law went into effect on July 1, and requires applicants to pay for the test. If an applicant tests positive for drugs, a family member can receive their benefits to distribute to any dependent children. If welfare recipients pass, they can apply to have the cost of the drug test reimbursed.

Thank you for admitting you right wing slime LOVE intrusive, overbearing and BIG government.

It's not even 6am where I live and I've already read the most moronic post I will read today. TM couldn't even challenge your post, BFD. :lol:

LOL! Of course it would be passed, issue or not. It's called pandering. What it is is wasting taxpayer money to stab at poor people to earn the votes of the rightwingloons.

You and I just aren't going to agree on this one, Ravi.

If the government is paying you for something without you providing a product or service in return, it can and should require conditions for said hand out. There is nothing intrusive about this. Government becomes intrusive when it interferes with your ability to do things on your own property that has no effect on other people.

The goal is to get people off drugs and eventually get them off welfare. It won't save all of them, but it will certainly save quite a few children. Isn't that the liberal mantra?

Drug testing is a deterrent. Ask any probation officer.

It's not even 6am where I live and I've already read the most moronic post I will read today. TM couldn't even challenge your post, BFD. :lol:

You right wing scum LOVE government when it bombs, kills, maims, tortures, arrests, incarcerates, executes and punishes.

You right wing scum have created the most expensive NANNY State in history...

britannica_prison-523x360.jpg

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
Edmund Burke

The goal is to get people off drugs and eventually get them off welfare. It won't save all of them, but it will certainly save quite a few children. Isn't that the liberal mantra?

Drug testing is a deterrent. Ask any probation officer.

SO...being on welfare is a CRIME?

SO...being on welfare is a CRIME?

That's more or less the goal. They want welfare recipients to forfeit their constitutional rights as a condition of receiving benefits. I'm as opposed to the welfare state as anyone, but this is the wrong way to address it.

That a good thing. If you have money to spend on drugs then you don't need welfare. Especiallly when it's the hardcore drugs like exctasy, meth, coke, heroine, and crack. Those kind of drugs can take a harsh turn in your life. Alcohol as well can be harsh in your life IF you don't know how to control your consumption. I don't mind too much of weed consumers because in reality more people die of alcohol, cigarrettes, and the hardcore drugs. They say its the gateway to many other drugs but i know a few people that prefer to stay a true pothead and do not desire to get into the other drugs. Now days since the whole economy thing is fallin apart and many people were losing their homes, I 've even heard people sell pot to make extra money to pay their mortgage. And im not talking about the hood guys from the streets, im talking about White Republican American who lived in the US their whole life, never gotten a ticket in their life, husband of 3 beautiful children. Of course he wasn't paying no taxes on the money he was making to pay his mortgage so he got penalized. I saw this on an abc show or something like that. I thought it was very interesting what peolpe are willing to do keep their families fed, clothed, and have a home.

Forum List

Back