Finally, Florida Drug Test People On Welfare

When evidence of millions if not a few billion dollars in SNAP/WIC/EBT fraud is occurring, you still believe they're all little angels that shouldn't be refused?

Do you think this drug testing law is a good way to stop fraud? I certainly do not. Sure, it might help a little bit, but I would think far more effective ways to prevent fraud could be tried.
Could you explain how please?

They check income.
They go to the home for visits.

What else can they do?

There can be better training for the people who do the checking. As I understand it, this law applies to people getting money, perhaps instead we could treat it more like food stamps and provide vouchers or cards for things like rent? Perhaps the qualifications for receiving welfare need to be made more stringent. There are any number of possibilities for trying to limit fraud, but unless you think the majority of welfare fraud is committed in an attempt to buy illegal drugs, I'm not sure why drug testing will be effective stopping fraud.

I've people at work who use SNAP and it's subsidiary programs and know many who have sold their cards for 50 cents on the dollar then reported it stolen many times to get extra cash to use on alcohol. So call that a second hand source.

Committee on Ways and Means, Subcommittee on Human Resources, 6-11-02 Testimony

Waste and Abuse in the Administration of the Food Stamp Program

Welfare Fraud Stories

Look at all them little angels go!

Is that good enough for you or do I have to dig more?

Hey Big FIZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...do you ever READ anything you post?

Waste and Abuse in the Administration of the Food Stamp Program

OPENING STATEMENT OF HON. BOB GOODLATTE, A REPRESENTATIVE IN CONGRESS FROM THE STATE OF VIRGINIA

My second amendment, a provision for which I hope to hear about its effects today, encourages the USDA or their designee to visit retailers that are applying to be an eligible food stamp redeemer. We have all heard the unbelievable stories of empty lots, closed stores, or trunks of cars being approved as eligible redeemers of food stamps.

These aren't poor people defrauding the government, these are 'business' people who are crooks. The biggest culprits of Medicare and Medicaid fraud are not seniors, it's doctors, pharmacists, hospitals and medical device suppliers.

But carry on with your ignorant and vile stereotyping. Lest we forget, you're the guy who said:

Please tell us again that you are not a Statist, but you believe when the State executes an innocent person it is not murder, it's just a boo-boo...

No system of justice is perfect. Secondly, executing the wrong person is an accident. Not murder. Executions are a punishment for a crime.

am i the only one seeing the irony of florida doing this while at the same time having the most 'cash only' pain management clinics.....

seems to me...they dont want to bother the cash only clinics.....why is that....follow the money

Also being addressed.....
Gov. Rick Scott signs pill mill bill into law - Florida - MiamiHerald.com
Florida Gov. Rick Scott signs HB 7095, the pill mill bill, in Orlando Friday, June 3, 2011
, but thanks for your conspira.......I mean Concern
:eusa_whistle:

The irony here is that parents that use their TANF checks to buy drugs probably know it is wrong and many will stop. It's only the loony left that "sees no evil" and defends them like they are their own children. No wonder so many never break the cycle of drugs and dependency. Mommy and daddy say "it's ok".
You make a lot of assumptions about who gets food stamps. I would bet you that it isn't the drug addicted in general but the elderly, the foreclosed upon, and the grannies taking care of the children of their children.

But yea, they are all evil drug abusers.

:rolleyes:
yeah and their is a lot of fraud there also...and also their is social security fraud going on by ethnic grand parents that have supposedly adopted their grand kids when the kids still live at home with their biological parents...whom they split the check with!! AND YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!!......
Ethnic grandparents? In your opinion this is to get back at ethnic grandparents?

To Rick Scott's wife's business?

Yes....that would be a problem with me, also. WOW...we do have common ground. :eusa_angel:

I don't like conflict of interests....anytime

Bunked and debunked.....
Their company is locked out from bidding on the contract. Sorry.

:cool:

So he does have a personal stake in that kind of business! Coming from a guy who was involved in the largest Medicare scam in history. Do you honestly think he would be obvious enough to use his wife's company?

It will create a ton of jobs....for lawyers in the state. It will also make Scott very rich and the state bankrupt.

Between the various suits for the state's failure to adequately notify the recipients of their drug tests to the suits concerning erroneous cut-off and various 4th Amendment and 14th Amendment based suits this will be a nightmare for the FL court system.

Yes....that would be a problem with me, also. WOW...we do have common ground. :eusa_angel:

Bunked and debunked.....

So he does have a personal stake in that kind of business! Coming from a guy who was involved in the largest Medicare scam in history. Do you honestly think he would be obvious enough to use his wife's company?

It will create a ton of jobs....for lawyers in the state. It will also make Scott very rich and the state bankrupt.

Between the various suits for the state's failure to adequately notify the recipients of their drug tests to the suits concerning erroneous cut-off and various 4th Amendment and 14th Amendment based suits this will be a nightmare for the FL court system.

Please share with us how Scott is going to get rich off of this. You've inferred a lot in your post, but your not backing any of it.

If you have a $62 million investment, representing the biggest single chunk of your $218 million in wealth, and you put it in a trust under your wife's name, does that mean you're no longer involved in the company?

Florida Gov. Rick Scott says it does.

Scott has aggressively pursued policies like testing state workers and welfare recipients for drugs, switching Medicaid patients to private HMOs and shrinking public health clinics. All these changes could benefit that $62 million investment, but Scott sees no legal conflict between his public role and private investments.

And, experts say, under Florida law he is correct.

Gov. Rick Scott's policies could benefit his family's $62M investment - Political Currents - MiamiHerald.com

You ever call me a liberal, even by implication, again, I'll come over there and smack you until your eyes switch sockets. I don't have to listen to that kind of nasty talk.

Heh.. touched a nerve, eh? Fwiw, I didn't 'call' you a liberal. I said you're using the same line Democrats use to defend overreaching government - which you are.

"Heh". Being offensive and insulting isn't "touching a nerve". It's just being offensive and insulting. If I tell you that you're an immature, zit-faced, needle-dicked dweeb who's going to live with his mother his whole life and never know the touch of a woman, does the fact that you find what I said offensive mean that you ARE an immature, zit-faced, needle-dicked dweeb etc.?

Don't confuse being disgustingly rude with being insightful and perceptive. Any halfwit rebellious teenager at the dinner table can manage exactly the same.

Meanwhile, jackwagon, if you're feeling so ballsy and manly, you come over HERE and tell me that I'm a liberal and your reinterpretation bullshit is the "real conservatism". If the most intelligent thing you can come up with is to tell the most conservative members of the board how liberal they are, then you're every bit as bright as you are macho . . . and believe me, that's not a compliment to EITHER quality.

By the way, Mr. Brave-Behind-My-Keyboard Constitutional Conservative, I'm still waiting for that specific citation of the Constitution supporting your assertion. And this IS the last time I'm asking. One more "I"m right because you're offended that I said you were liberal" non-response, and I'll just take it to mean you're too chickenshit to admit you were wrong, accept your surrender, and move on from the defeated foe. So man up, grow a pair, and answer the fucking question, already. Talk about your liberal tactics . . .

Yeah, I wanna bet. Comparing a program in which participation is voluntary and strictly limited to a specific segment of society that meets set criteria, and a program (however speculative) that is mandatory for ALL members of society, no matter what, is comparing apples and oranges.

Meanwhile, any arguments regarding, "Why the fuck am I paying for this guy's cancer treatments?" or whatever from conservatives are undoubtedly going to continue to be based on the premise that socialized medicine has no business existing in the US at all, not on trying to "tweak" it into shape.

The bet isn't over the comparison. The bet is whether the state will attempt to do the same kind of arm twisting when taxpayers are paying for health care. It will be the same dynamic. The Dems will push us into dependency on the state, and the Rethugs will happily use that dependency to bully people around. You'all make a good tag team.

And dipshits like you sit around, running your gums and congratulating yourselves on how much smarter you are because you can criticize and talk about how both sides suck . . . and accomplish fuck-all of your own.

Thanks, though, for taking the time to point out VERY CAREFULLY how your meaningless bet wasn't about something I never said it was about, anyway. Because that was TERRIBLY useful and advancing to the discussion.

It's a toss-up sometimes which is worse: ignorant, gullible liberals slavishly worshipping their leaders, or conceited, preening independents slavishly worshipping their own cleverness, evidenced by nothing more than their blind refusal to ever take a side or a stand on anything.

Bunked and debunked.....

So you say "It's red" and I tell you "No, it's black" and you reply "So it IS red!"

WTF??

How can he, or his wife, realize a profit when their company is locked out from bidding on the contract?

I posted on this awhile ago Meister and the Libs were outraged. Popping positive on a piss test, according to them, would "starve" children and deprive welfare recipients of food. A horrible, horrible thing - according to them.

Life's a bitch, huh. If the welfare addicts don't care that much about their own children to clean themselves up.....take the children from them and house them, feed them, and clothe them. The parents get nothing. That would be a good solution.

I agree with you. First thing drug is not for children but if they use or addict them. So, it's a totally parents responsibility to take care them.

Forum List

Back