Finally: Fed program to improve the image and marketing of Xmas trees

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Jan 23, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
This economy demands bold action and nothing says that better than a Christmas Tree Tax. Making these holiday trees cost more is just the boon we've been waiting for. Hallelujah we are saved!

Obama Couldn't Wait: His New Christmas Tree Tax

In the Federal Register of November 8, 2011, Acting Administrator of Agricultural Marketing David R. Shipman announced that the Secretary of Agriculture will appoint a Christmas Tree Promotion Board. The purpose of the Board is to run a “program of promotion, research, evaluation, and information designed to strengthen the Christmas tree industry’s position in the marketplace; maintain and expend existing markets for Christmas trees; and to carry out programs, plans, and projects designed to provide maximum benefits to the Christmas tree industry” (7 CFR 1214.46(n)). And the program of “information” is to include efforts to “enhance the image of Christmas trees and the Christmas tree industry in the United States” (7 CFR 1214.10).

Of course, now that I think about it, Big Christmas Tree can swallow this tax hike a lot easier than your typical Main Street Mom and Pop Christmas Wreath dealer. Well Hell, it's typical Obama cronyism after all.

What an a-hole.

Another freaking taxpayer funded bureaucracy dedicated to "evaluate Christmas trees"? How long are we going to put up with this crap? Another year?

Another freaking taxpayer funded bureaucracy dedicated to "evaluate Christmas trees"? How long are we going to put up with this crap? Another year?

On an unrelated note, yesterday the Obama for America campaign bought the rights to the Christmas carol O Christmas Tree...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_3ngTHs6gA]O Christmas Tree - YouTube[/ame]

Where's the tax?

Obama Couldn't Wait: His New Christmas Tree Tax
Nobody is saying President Obama doesn’t have authority to impose his new Christmas Tree Tax — his Administration cites the Commodity Promotion, Research and Information Act of 1996. Just because the Obama Administration has the legal power to impose its Christmas Tree Tax doesn’t mean it should do so.

BTW- the Christmas Tree tax threads should be merged and FWIW I know I had Del beat before my brother called and interrupted my posting half way through. :lol:

New Topics

Forum List

Back